Chapter Ten

All the Pain
~ Tao POV ~
 
The time had finally come, and I was sitting closely with the eleven other people that I could call my friends. I sat in between Kris and Baekhyun and I was having a conversation with Jongdae and Suho, who had been introduced to me just four days prior. Jongdae, or Chen as he liked to be called, was actually in a very committed - and open - relationship with Minseok. Their relationship was odd, however. Minseok very obviously wore the pants, even though I've been told on multiple T.M.I. occasions that he definitely didn't top. I knew from Baekhyun that Yixing had the biggest crush on Suho, but the elder was very, very oblivious, much to the Chinese boy's displeasure. I glanced over at Yixing as Suho spoke, noticing the twinkle in his eyes and how his face flushed a light pink when the older laughed. Our happy chattering was quickly destroyed when the ever flamboyant, ever boisterous Black Horse Choi Siwon burst through the door with his usual smile and bushy brows. He stood at the front of the class, waiting for everyone to quiet down.
 
"Lucky for you guys, no one made a list of which person goes on which bus. Buddy up, and get a move on." The Black Horse announced, eliciting a delighted cheer from everyone present. We all immediately latched onto each other and grabbed our two weeks worth of luggage, beginning our march to the buses. The moment we stepped outside, I groaned loudly. It was too ing cold outside. I pressed myself tightly against Kris, who was too skinny to produce any heat anyway. Nonetheless, he wrapped a scarf around my face and draped a long arm over my shoulders and pulled me more tightly against him.
 
"It's too damn cold." I muttered through the red scarf Kris had wrapped around my neck and lower portion of my face. I must've sounded silly, my voice being muffled by the fabric, because Kris gave me a deep and very rare belly laugh. I rolled my eyes at him and harshly pushed my luggage into his arms.
 
"You're making fun of me again, face." I stated, having pulled the scarf away from my mouth. He smirked at me and piled our luggage into the compartment of the bus.
 
"It's so easy though." He said, earning a light smack on the arm. Kris helped the others pile their things into the bus before grabbing my hand and leading me into the warmth of the large vehicle, the others following us on in single file. Our entire group took up the back of the bus, and Sehun and Luhan immediately fell asleep on each other, Jongdae and Minseok looked like they would follow the other two into Dream Land any second. The warmth of the bus couldn't shake the chill from my body, so I tried my best to cuddle up to anyone with body heat. I was just about to cuddle up to Baekhyun when I was pulled away practically into Kris' lap.
 
"Sit still, panda." He ordered, draping a thick blanket over us. Suddenly feeling drowsy due to the warmth, I leaned into Kris' chest and promptly passed out. I could feel aggravated eyes burning holes into my body as I slept.
I could tell that we made it to the cottage, because we were no longer on a smooth street. I was jostled and nearly thrown to the floor of the bus. Luckily Kris was there and had a tight hold on me.
 
"What the hell?" I groaned, looking out the window. We were surrounded on either side by huge trees and the road we were driving on was dirt and gravel. I looked around and saw that pretty much everyone had been awakened by the sudden bumpy ride, and they all looked disgruntled and grumpy.
 
"We're almost there. Probably about five more minutes." Kris said, earning cheers from our ten friends. Obviously they were not pleased with the ride either. We cleaned up the back of the bus as quickly as we could before we stopped in front of the prettiest building I had ever laid eyes on. It was a large three story building with white birch walls, and baby blue accents on the door and window ts. The patio was encased in perfectly clear shatter-proof glass and the walkway was white and blue stone all the way up to the front door.
 
"It's so pretty." I said, smiling at Kris. The blonde grinned back at me and started ushering us out of the vehicle. He handed everyone their bags before we all darted into the warmth of the building. The interior of the cottage was just as beautiful as the outside. The livingroom was all white with a blue rug on marble tile with a tiered chandelier hanging from the cieling. There was no television, just a beautiful view of the beach could be seen from the couch through a giant window. The kitchen was large, and the same white and blue as the outside and livingroom. There were two stoves and ovens, a huge walk-in pantry and two fridges, and a huge island in the center of the room.
 
"Panda. This way." I turned around and started following Kris until will came across our room, which had our names printed on paper taped to the dark wood. Kris turned the knob and we walked into a completely contrasting room compared to the rest of the house. The room was dark. The beds were fixed in black and silver linens, the dressers were black oak, and the carpet was also black. The lamp on the nightstand was silver, and there was a flatscreen on the other side of the room inbetween two walk-in closets.
 
"This is my room when I come here with my family. Of course, there's usually one large bed in the center of the room. Make yourself at home, I'm gonna get a drink. You want anything?" Kris looked at me from the open door, waitng for my answer as I contemplated.
 
"If there's any bottled tea, can you get me one? If not, water is fine." I said as I pulled my bag up onto the bed farthest from the door. He nodded and exited the room as I began to carefully pull out my neatly folded clothes. I retrieved hangers from the closet and began to hang my coats, sweaters and button-ups. I sat down in front of the small dresser where I would put my jeans, sweatpants, boxers, and socks. I pulled open the top drawer and was met with eight beady little eyes. I tried to choke down the fear and take care of the critter myself, but it started scittering out of the drawer and I discovered that it was the size of my palm. I scooted back so quickly, hitting the back of my head on the bed behind me, and let out a blood-curdling scream of terror.
 
It sounded like elephants were parading through the hallway and then all of my friends except Kris piled in through the door. They saw me cowering by the bed and Baekhyun immediately bolted to my side, following my line of sight to my newest little pal who was staring me in the face. Baekhyun squealed like a girl and jumped over my bed to hide behind Chanyeol. 
 
"That's a huge !" He shrieked, rubbing the vision of the spider from his eyes. I continued to stare at the little bugger, it's eyes looking all innocent, as if it did nothing wrong. It really hadn't done anything wrong besides scare the out of me. Yixing popped up next to me out of no where holding a tupperware. He eased his way in front of the giant arachnid and coaxed it inside of the plastic container. 
 
"I'm gonna take Xiaohei outside." The gloomy boy muttered, getting up and leaving the room. I finally looked up and noticed how Suho stared after the chinese boy. I smirked, maybe he wasn't so oblivious after all. Kris walked in with tea and water in hand and gave all of our friends a weird look.
 
"Why is everyone gathered in here and why does Yixing have a giant tarantula he calls Xiaohei?" He asked, completely confused. Instead of answering the confused boy, everyone just left the room. Kris frowned at them as they went and just shrugged when the door closed behind the others. I stood on shaky legs and sat on the bed, glaring at the drawer.
 
"Kris. Inspect that dresser before I put my things in it." I demanded. The blonde furrowed his brows at me and shrugged, moving on to complete the task I gave him. He opened every drawer and even pulled them out to peer at them and then put them back.
 
"Looks fine." He said as he began to put his things inside the bottom two drawers. I glared at the dresser one more time and shrugged, putting the rest of my things away. I spotted the tea and grabbed it, taking a swig and sighing. I laid down as Chanyeol and Baekhyun began to put their things away.
 
"Do any of you know what we're gonna do for two weeks?" I asked and I pulled my arms up and rested my head on them. Baekhyun and Chanyeol both said no, but Kris looked thoughtful.
 
"I heard the teachers talk about beach volleyball and a Test of Courage, but I don't know about anything else. It's supposed to rain a couple of days from now, like Saturday or Sunday night, so that'll definitely be a 'stay inside and be bored all day' kind of day." Kris said as he hung his last coat in the closet. I stiffened when he said 'Test of Courage' and looked up at him. Those always suggested that we'd have to partner up and go into a dark and scary place. I didn't do well with dark and scary.
 
"There's no reason to be scared about it, panda. I'll be with you anyway." The blonde said, successfully making my heart skip a beat. I heard Baekhyun fake gagging and rolled my eyes. My stomach decided at that time to make a dying whale noise and I felt my face flush as I heard Kris snicker at me.
 
"Dinner will be ready soon, don't worry. The cottage staff will be staying on the third floor with the teachers to clean up after us and feed us." Kris said, sitting by my side. He then decided to lay over me and start jabbing my sides, making me screech. The tickle fight ended up having Chanyeol and Baekhyun jump in and the pounding on the walls on either side of us and above us were telltale signs that no one appreciated our fun. We untangled ourselves and I decided to sit in front of the flatscreen and look through all of the DVDs inside the drawer of the small entertainment center.
 
"Do you seriously only have anime?" I asked, lifting up the first season of Dragon Ball. He shrugged and sat next to me. I concealed my laughter a bit and pulled up a Barbie movie. Kris blushed immediately and yanked it out of my hand.
 
"What? My niece Victoria used to come down with us, and she'd make me watch this with her. She must've forgot it once." He said, putting the DVD back into the drawer. I smiled at him and pinched his cheeks. He glared at me and grabbed my wrist and yanked, pulling me into his chest. He hugged me tight and sighed heavily, making me blush. I wrapped my arms around his waist and burried my face into his shoulder.
 
"DINNER." A voice shouted from the doorway as it burst open. Kim Jongin stared down at us with wide eyes and a voice asked him why he was standing there like a bump on a log. Kyungsoo appeared next to him and the boy turned his eyes to us and his already wide eyes widened a fraction.
 
"Sorry about him." The older boy said, pulling Jongin down the hallway. Kris and I pulled apart and stood, waking Baekhyun and Chanyeol. Apparently the lazy pair had fallen asleep. We stormed into the dining room and grabbed some food, eating until our stomachs felt ready to explode.
 
"When you all have eaten, I need everyone to sit in the livingroom so that we can discuss what will go on tomorrow." The Black Horse announced. 
"Tomorrow we will be playing outside, since it'll be one out of two of the warmer days. We'll be on the beach and we'll have a volleyball competition. Losing teams jump in the ocean." My blood ran cold. Now that was a real punishment. I groaned and smacked my forehead against Kris' shoulder. 
 
"I really don't want to lose. It's cold enough as it is outside." I muttered, making the blonde snort. Siwon had shooed us off and we all retreated to our rooms. I collapsed onto my bed and Kris laughed at me.
 
"You are not wearing day clothes to bed. Hop in the shower and put on some pajamas." He said, pulling me up into a sitting position. I did what I was told and finally collapsed into bed next to Kris, who pulled me into his side while he slept. I cudded into the blonde's side and fell asleep.

Oh boy. Here it is. Part two out of however many chapters this is going to take.

Comment and upvote? Maybe? Please? QQ

<3