Chapter Twelve

All the Pain
~ Tao POV ~
 

We were put into groups of four and I was with Yongguk, Jinyoung, and Kevin against Rasa, Zico, Niel, and Hyukjae. We were standing outside and I was freezing my off, wishing for nothing more than to go back up to my room, cuddle with Kris and watch a movie (anime?). I shook off the biting feeling of cold and eyed my opponents. Rasa and Zico had been the ones who had hurt me by the orders of that mean chick, Jessica. I stretched my arms and legs before stepping onto the pavement, and prepared to play.

Rasa was serving, and that kid was seriously no joke. He kept serving nearly impossible shots, and they were all towards me. I caught serve after serve and the muscles in my arms were screaming. One particular shot that he sent me, I didn't call. When I went for it, I collided with a body and we both fell hard to the ground. I looked down a realized that I had fallen onto Kevin, and his shoulder did not look good at all.

"Holy , Kevin! I'm so sorry. Are you okay?" I asked, suddenly very flustered. Eli popped up and helped me get Kevin off the ground and Kevin just smiled at me, albeit he looked very pained.

"I'll be fine. Just a little sore." He said, his voice wavering. He definitely didn't look good.

"It won't be too fine, Kevin. Your shoulder looks really bad. It's probably sprained." Siwon said, gently taking the damaged limb. Kevin groaned in pain when he pulled the arm up too high.

"Definitely sprained. Let's get you inside to Mr. Woo." He said, leading Kevin inside with Eli on his tail. I sent an electrifying glare towards Rasa, and started to approach him. When I got right up to him I put my lips to his ear.

"You did that on purpose, you little prick. Pull that again and I'll kick your ." I my heel and walked back towards Kris who put his hand on the small of my back.

"Kevin will be okay. Sprains heal really quickly." Kris said. I nodded and turned to glare at Rasa one more time before we went to go back into the cottage. Volleyball was definitely canceled for today.


After the 'little' incident at the beach, Siwon ordered everyone to go back into the cottage and go to their rooms. I laid sprawled out on my bed, Kris was sitting on the floor leaning against the bed.
 
"This is so boring." Baekhyun grumbled, rolling around at the foot of his bed. Chanyeol was sitting cross-legged at the head of the shared bed and had found a book to entertain himself with. Baekhyun looked up at Chanyeol and puffed out his cheeks, feeling neglected for being ignored over a book.
 
There was a knock on the door, and Sehun popped his head in.
 
"Mind if we come in? We're bored as hell." The rainbow haired boy asked. Kris shrugged, only thinking it would be Sehun and Luhan, but the entire flock of eight other boys entered the room instantly becoming noisy. Chanyeol let out a groan of loss as his ability to concentrate disintegrated as the room filled up. He put down his book and glared up at everyone.
 
"Are we like, not allowed outside or what?" Luhan asked after sitting at the foot of my bed. Ten of us shrugged at him, but Kris had a thoughtful expression on his face.
 
"This is my cottage, so no one really can tell me what to do. Do you guys want to go outside or something?" Everyone nodded fervently, and I wanted to say no, but everyone else seemed really eager. I frowned and looked at Kris.
 
"We can go outside." I mumbled, crossing my arms and glaring at the blonde. Everyone cheered and separated to go and pull on warmer clothes. I decided to pull out my super thick black jacket and grabbed Kris' scarf. I pulled on a pair of thicker boots and waited for the other three to get ready. 
 
We silently escaped our room and and tip-toed through the hallway until we made it to the empty living room. Everyone had already gathered and we quickly made our escape, running for the beach. 
 
"We can still make it for the sunset if we hurry." Luhan shouted over everyone's joined heavy breathing. We all picked up the pace and darted for the narrow opening that led us out onto the sand. We had made it just in time for the purple, pink, and orange rays of the sun to disappear and watched as darkness slowly rose.
 
"We just barely made it." Luhan said, slightly disappointed, but still happy. They began to walk up towards the water's edge, but I stayed far away from the water. Cold and wet did not mix well, in my opinion.
 
"Yah, Tao! Get your over here!" Sehun shouted, telling me to come with the wave of his hand. I shook my head and stayed exactly where I was. I didn't want to go anywhere near that man-child, he'd throw me in for sure.
 
"C'mon Taozi. We're gonna play a game." Luhan coaxed. I narrowed my eyes at the mischievous pair and slowly made my way over to the group. Chanyeol had stuck a stick into the ground and piled dirt around it.
 
"What the hell is this supposed to be?" I asked, not knowing the reason why everyone was buzzing with a nervous excitement. Chanyeol piled a little more dirt around the stick before standing back up and smiling.
 
"If you topple the stick over, you have to jump in the ocean." I frowned, and glared up at the happy virus. This was dumb. Who would jump in the ocean when it was 15ºC outside? The water had to be at least twenty degrees colder.
 
"This is dumb. Someone's gonna get hypothermia and die." I muttered, grumpy at the thought of having to jump into ice cold water. Kris wrapped an arm around me.
 
"We'll be fine. Let's play and go back inside, it's freezing out here." Kris said, starting the game himself. He dug his hands around the mound, earning shouts of complaint from the others. Yixing went up next, being bold and scooping a large handful right from the left side of the mound. When the stick didn't topple, Luhan stepped up to try his luck. He stuck one finger into the dirt and pulled, getting light slaps and shouts from the others.
 
"You have to take out more dirt than that, Lulu!" Sehun shouted, frowning at his boyfriend. Luhan stuck his tongue out at the younger boy.
 
"It was never clarified how much dirt was supposed to be taken out." Sehun crossed his arms, pouting as Kyungsoo went in and took a layer right off from around the top of the mound. When the stick didn't budge, we all let out loud gasps of surprise at the extremely bold move.
 
"I live on the edge." Kyungsoo said, huddling next to Jongin to escape the cold. I went up and peered at the mound, not knowing which side to take away from. I crouched next to it and decided to knock down an entire side. The stick was now exposed on one side, but it didn't move. 
 
"Holy . I'm gonna lose." Jongin groaned as he walked up. Looking desolate, he kneeled and literally flicked at the right side of the mound, expertly removing dirt. The stick shifted slightly, but didn't fall down. Jongin let out a breath and smiled, holding his hand to his chest.
 
"I was almost done for." The boy said, going back to his place next to Kyungsoo. Suho looked extremely sullen as he stepped up for his turn and I had to suppress everything within me to not laugh and ruin his turn. He took some dirt from the right side and stepped back slowly, looking extremely relieved. Chanyeol went up next and copied Kris' move, earning a slap from Baekhyun and hard glares from everyone. He just smiled, looking pleased with himself.
 
"If this falls, I'm gonna be so pissed." Baekhyun complained, stepping up. He stuck his hand right in, grabbed a handful of dirt and threw it at Chanyeol, who dodged it with very little grace. 
 
"YAH! Why'd you do that?" The boy yelled, scowling at his boyfriend. The bacon strip only smiled angelically and batted his eyelashes innocently. The stick somehow didn't topple over. Sehun stepped up next and wiped away another layer from the very top and moved back. 
 
"This is getting risky." Chen said, walking up. He stuck his foot in and toppled another side of the mound, leaving the stick exposed on two sides. Gasps of horror left everyone present and Minseok only glared at Chen.
 
"You doomed me, you ." Minseok grumbled. Chen smiled devilishly, moving away from the mound so that his boyfriend could step up. Minseok moved over to the mound and dug two fingers into the moist sand, scraping away a very light layer. He stepped back quickly, not wanting to be the one to make the stick fall. Kris went up again, smoothly removing another layer from the top, followed by Yixing who the toppled a third side of the mound, leaving the stick to desperately hang on to one wall of dirt. Luhan's groan of horror did not go unheard as he walked up, accepting his fate. He tried to scoop a small amount away, but failed, sending the stick to the sandy floor.
 
"This ing ." The Chinese boy complained loudly, looking distraught. Sehun came up and hugged him from behind.
 
"Don't worry, I'll warm you back up later." The rest of us erupted into fake gagging noises and strangled cries of disgust.
 
"Keep your love life on the down-low, holy ." Chanyeol cried, covering his ears and shaking his head.
 
"There will be no warming up so long as we are in the same room. I will have none of that, and I refuse to sit out in the living room for thirty or so minutes. I want to go to bed as soon as possible!" Jongin cried, being the person who loved to sleep the most. Kyungsoo nodded in agreement, tightening the scarf around his neck.
 
"Fine, fine. Now strip and get in the water!" Sehun yelled, slapping Luhan's . Luhan frowned at the younger boy, but was incapable of hiding the blush on his cheeks. He removed his jacket, sweater, shoes, and socks and rolled up his pant legs. He steeled himself before sprinting over to the water and diving right in. He emerged a few seconds later and was fighting his way out of the icy waters. He finally emerged and Sehun ran up to him, wrapping him in a towel he had brought.
 
"Let's just ing get inside now." Luhan muttered, teeth chattering. I was not going to argue with that.

I was laying in bed, completely exhausted from being out in the cold for so long. I was waiting for Kris to emerge from the shower so that I could sleep with a heat source. When the blonde emerged, he slipped right into bed and pulled me close. I snuggled into his side and he wrapped an arm around me. He kissed the top of my head before dozing off.

"Chanyeol?" I whispered. There was a groan and then mumbling.

"Yeah, Tao?" The giant asked, sounding groggy. I tried not to laugh at him.

"What you said earlier. I think that feeling actually exists." I said, blushing at my own confession. 

"That's good. He needs someone who'll be there for him." I could almost hear the cheesy smile in his voice as we all drifted off to sleep.


Cheesy. Lame. I'm sorry.

Comment, up-vote (unless you don't want to).

DON'T YELL AT ME ABOUT HOW CHEESY THIS CHAPTER IS TAYLOR OR I WILL END YOU.

<3