Chapter Thirteen

All the Pain
~ Tao POV ~
 
I woke up to a horrifyingly loud clap of thunder and jolted into a seated position. I could feel my heart trying to beat out of my chest and I felt my breath coming in short pants. I gathered my legs up to my chest and pulled the blankets up over my head, successfully making Kris stir into a half-awake state. I pressed my palms to my temples and let out a shaky breath as the groggy blonde moved into a seated position as well, grasping my trembling shoulder in his hand.
 
"Tao? Are you alright?" He asked, his voice hoarse from sleep. I nodded quickly, not wanting him to worry about me and to go back to sleep. I could tell that he didn't believe me when he didn't lay back down. He gently pulled the blankets away from my head and took in the sight of me.
 
"If folding in on yourself and trembling like you were in an earthquake is "alright", then I'd say you have a pretty warped sense of what alright means." Kris said, getting up to sit in front of me. I refused to look up at him and continued to press into my temples. As gently as he possibly could, Kris pulled my hands away from my head and tilted my face up with his hand. His eyes widened in shock, so I must've been crying.
 
"You're definitely not alright. Are you afraid of storms?" I shook my head, trying to cover my head back up. He latched onto my wrists and pressed his forehead against mine to keep eye contact with me. "Just thunder?" I nodded furiously and Kris' features softened. He stood back up and went over to the nightstand, pulling his iPod out of it. He stuck one ear-bud into my ear and one in his, laying back down only to pull me down nearly on top of him, making sure that my ear-budless ear was pressed against his chest so that I could hear his heartbeat. He searched through his music until classic piano began to play, matching the rhythm of Kris' heartbeat. I cuddled deeper into his side as he wrapped his arms around me, enveloping me in a comforting warmth. He pressed his lips to my forehead just before I fell back to sleep.

I found myself standing in the middle of the endless woods that sat right outside of Kris' cottage. I looked around, taking note that not only was it pitch black out, there was not a single living creature in the wilderness that surrounded me. The night was brisk, but there was no wind that threatened to chill me to my very bones. I glanced up at the sky, shocked that there wasn't a single star in sight due to the heavy cloud coverage. The sudden flash of lightning and the horrifying bellow of the answering thunder had me falling to my knees. I curled into myself and began to sob, rocking back and forth.
 
'This is all that idiot's fault. I'm so gonna kill him when he comes to save me.' I whispered as the wind finally began to pick up, followed by torturous spears of cold rain that stabbed into my body. I furrowed my brows together, suddenly very confused as to why I was mad at someone. Who was I mad at? Why was I mad? Shaking off the thousands of questions that lingered in my frozen mind I began to glance all around me for a way back to the cottage. I was surrounded only by masses of thick foliage and I felt my hopes collapse in my heart.
 
'This ing .' I muttered, shivering when the sky lit up with yet another bolt of lightning. I wasn't expecting the following clap of thunder to be so loud that it shook the ground under my feet. With a loud shriek, I scrambled for the safety of a low hanging tree that gave me some protection from the torrential down pour of icy pain. I huddled at the very base of the tree and wrapped my arms around myself in an attempt to surround myself with body warmth.
 
'This really, really . Not only is it cold and raining shards of death, it's ing thundering and there's lightning. Could my day get any worse? Why did that do this to me?" I groaned, smacking the back of my head against the tree. I warm tear escaped and trickled down my cheek as I felt the pure sorrow of betrayal punch me in the gut. But why did I feel this way? I pressed my head against my kneecaps and sighed heavily.
'Tao!' Someone yelled, causing me to glance up with bewildered eyes. I got on my knees and waited for the voice to yell again. When it didn't I cowered back against the tree and continued to wait for any signs of human life.
 
'Tao!' A voice yelled again, sounding close but oddly distant. I knitted my eyebrows together in complete confusion before a loud thunder clap had me falling over.
 
'Kris!' I shrieked as I gathered myself into the fetal position. A violent shaking of my body stirred my eyes open and I was suddenly back in the bed I shared with Kris who was staring down at me with a very worried expression on his face. I took in a deep breath and sighed in relief. It was just a dream.
 
"Holy I thought I was actually dying." I mumbled, sitting up and wiping the sweat from my forehead. Kris continued to stare at me, making me feel rather irritated.
 
"Yo. When are you going to stop staring at me? I'm fine." I said as I pushed his face away with my hand. I watched as the blonde tried to conceal his smile. I smiled at him and yawned suddenly, completely forgetting what my dream was about.
 
"Is it too ty to go outside today?" I asked as I laid back down, using Kris' stomach as a pillow. 
 
"Definitely too ty." A voice said from the doorway, making Kris and I turn around to see the owner of the voice. It was none other than Kim Jongin and he had a smirk on his face that could put the devil to shame.
 
"Yah! -Jong, what are you plotting?" Baekhyun's voice suddenly squeaked from the bathroom doorway. Jongin just shrugged and grinned conspiratorially at Kris.
 
"You'll see if you come by my room in about twenty-five minutes." The brunette said as he escaped down the hall. Baekhyun grunted as he made his way back inside of the bathroom, giggling as Chanyeol wrapped his arms around his waist. 
 
"Those two are so gross." I muttered as I pressed my cheek against Kris' belly. He placed a warm hand on the top of my head and I smiled to myself. The bathroom door slammed back open and Baekhyun began to violently poke me in the side.
 
"Go take a shower guys. You both reek and I'm sure Jonginnie doesn't want a couple of smelly s into his room." I groaned and sat up, making eye contact with Kris. He was staring at me with such an intensity that it scared the hell out of me.
 
"Why are you looking at me like that?" I asking, glaring at him in return. I got up and went to my closet, picking out a simple black V-neck and a pair of black sweatpants.
 
"Baekhyun just suggested for us to take a shower together and you still haven't said no. So is that a yes?" Kris asked completely serious. I nearly dropped the clothes I was holding and turned around so quickly to stare at the blonde. I felt my face heat up and knew that it had turned into a very unattractive shade of red.
 
"How about you ignore that suggestion and I'll take an extremely quick shower." I said as I practically ran to my dresser for a pair of boxers and then into the bathroom, locking the door behind me.

I sat on the floor of Jongin's room where we were told to go and I was looking around. Chanyeol and Baekhyun were grotesquely entangled together on the floor and HunHan was no where in sight. Kyungsoo sat very calmly on his bed with a newspaper in hand and Jongin had been gone for quite some time. Where had that idiot gone off to? Yixing and Junmyeon hadn't shown up yet, but I'd leave it to those two to be fashionably late to everything. Kris had gone to the kitchen to fetch me a bottle of water, and I was anxiously waiting for him to return as a dead  and very awkward silence had filled the room.

"Don't look so stressed, Panda. They'll all get here on their own time." Kyungsoo spoke up in his strangely motherly voice, having not even taken a look at me. He must have felt my distress from a distance. I sighed heavily and peeked over at the BaekYeol couple next to me only to quickly look away as it had started to get a little hot and heavy in that vicinity.

"YAH! Stop doing that in front of my Panda. You'll scar him for life." Kris scolded as he stormed into the room, practically scooping me up and placing me in his lap. My face felt hot from embarrassment as the two pulled away from each other to glare at us. I felt Kris' phone buzz in his pocket and got up so that he could reach it.

"Ah! Jongin is back and he needs some help with the groceries. I'll be right back." Kris declared, leaving after pressing a soft peck to my forehead.

"When are you gonna tell him? He won't figure it out on his own. He's an idiot after all." Chanyeol suddenly questioned me. I looked at him inquisitively, pondering his question thoroughly. I tapped my index finger to my chin and furrowed my brows. When should I? Isn't it always good to say these kinds of things when the mood is good?

"There's a time and place for things like that, Chanyeol. Panda will know when the time is right." Kyungsoo spoke up, still reading the paper that he held before him. I nodded in agreement to his statement and smiled at Chanyeol who returned it. Yixing and Junmyeon popped into the room and they were both red-faced and breathing heavily. I was curious to know why they were in that state, but one look to the devious facial expression that Baekhyun had on made me swallow my questions and look down into my lap. If that idiot was looking like that, then I don't wanna know.

"Annyeong!" Baekhyun cheered, scaring the wits out of Yixing.

"Ai! Why are you shouting?" He grumbled in Chinese, making a confused expression cross Baekhyun's face. I snickered at his confusion and ignored his demands for me to tell him what Yixing had said to him. Kris and Jongin came back into the room with arms full of bags.

"Alcohol and snack trains have arrived!" Jongin said gleefully, earning a smack in the back of the head by Junmyeon.

"If you're too loud we'll get in trouble, and most importantly, we'll get our booze taken away." He grumbled at the brunette, taking Yixing by the hand and leading him to sit on the floor next to me. Kris set down his bags and scooped me back up as he situated us on the floor at the foot of Kyungsoo's bed.

"Yah, Jongin. Make sure no one else knows about this. Go find Luhan, Sehun, Minseok, and Jongdae. They might've fallen off of the face of the Earth." Kyungsoo said, having finally put down the newspaper. Jongin nodded at his boyfriend before he left the room.

"Why aren't Sehun and Lulu here? I thought they shared this room with you?" I asked the doe-eyed boy. He just shrugged and got into a more comfortable position.

"I was told that Lu Han is a screamer, so Sehun didn't want to bother anyone in the house. He probably took him to the private beach or something." Kyungsoo stated with disinterest, making heat rise to my cheeks. 

"Isn't it too cold outside for something like that?" Kris asked to save me from my embarrassment. Kyungsoo glanced up at the ceiling and smirked.

"Lu Han told me about how warm it gets when they do it, that they don't even notice if it's even -3ºC outside." I heard Kris chuckle under his breath as my face continued to heat up.

"You people are embarrassing." I muttered under my breath, pulling the red beanie I had donned over my ears a bit more.

"Why are you guys talking about someone who isn't even in the room yet?" Lu Han's voice suddenly penetrated the awkward silence. He stood in the doorway looking completely fine, not even a hint of red in his face and he wasn't suffering from breathlessness. "Mind you, we were playing video games in LE and GD's room, not having , if that was what you were talking about." We all looked down guiltily as he sent us all a soul shattering glare. Sehun walked in behind his boyfriend, a smile of victory plastered on his face.

"I beat Jiyoung-hyung, isn't that strange?" The youngster asked as he pulled his significant other deeper into the room to sit on their own bed.

"We're here, princesses! Time to get this in' started!" Jongdae cried as he burst into the room with Minseok and Jongin on his tail. "Where the alcohol at?" He asked, a smirk of delight and mischief placed on his handsome features.


*confused screaming* I haven't updated in a while? I'm sorry? 

Mianhaeyo~~~ 

I hope this is decent, and the second half will be up at some point in time!

Thanks for being so patient (?)

Taylor hasn't been patient.

ahahaha~

<3