hopeless.

[Puzzle p i e c e s. ] (Completed!)
The duct tape couldn't hold the leak any longer, and it spilled water out. Now, it's flooding, same with my sadness and tears. I had nowhere to go now but I knew that it was my fault. I was a hopeless lover. I was lovestruck immediately like a lightning bolt that had hit me. I had to lose this thunder. I tried phoning my grandparents but they went out already. I text my friends but they haven't replied yet. I decided to walk around the neighborhood, maybe bump into some taxis along the way...? I sped toward a clearing and found out that it was the local school's park. There wasn't many kids playing on the set so I decided to head toward the swings. I was sure that I was too high up because I could see Andrew's house from my swings. "Dammit," I muttered to myself. I jumped off from the high altitude. It hurt as I landed on my feet. Considering the fact that I was wearing Converse sneakers instead of flats, it still hurt. "Owwiee." I bit my nail, a habit that I could never get rid of. I spotted a large hill nearby and saw some teenage boys pedal their bikes up the hill. It must've took a lot of effort because their faces were dripping with sweat. I approached the hill, not really approaching the boys but they took notice to me and started whispering. I glared at them and went the other way around the hill. Once I approached the southern side, I climbed up the steep, slippery hill. I spotted a dry area without snow near a large random rock. Maybe it wasn't so random, as I peered at the letters carved into the large stone. Alpine Hills. Some graffiti was sprayed on it. This place wasn't as picturesque like my neighborhood but that's probably because we were rich. I slung my shoulder bag closer to me as the boys I saw approached me. "So, what are you going here?" A friendly face asked me. I didn't want to be fooled like how Andrew fooled me so I smiled lightly at him and said, "getting fresh air." "Oh? Do you have a boyfriend?" What a stupid question. These boys had to be younger than me. "Yes," I lied. "Oh. I see." The boy started backing away from me and ran to his friends. Operation failed. I laughed at them as they sped away. They were as hopeless as me.
~~
An hour or so passed as I stared at the clouds that clung to the sky above me. Cloud-watching. The clouds formed together as a face, then a ship and finally a bird-like animal. I traced my name into the air. I seemed to hang there for a while until my invisible tracing was blew away by the wind. I sniffed. I was getting cold. I didn't want to come home sick and explain everything to my dad. I decided to sit in the mail-houses nearby. While I was sitting there, people passed through, grabbing their letters and packages, opening their boxes with their key and closing it afterwards. I watched people throw out flyers they didn't want, not noticing the recycling bin nearby. After a fourth time I finally scolded the woman who was about to throw out some Pizza 73 coupons into the overflowing trash can, to throw it out in the blue recycling bin which barely had anything inside. Earth-destroyers. Some passer-bys asked me what I was doing here for so long. I told them the truth, "I was hurt by someone who I believed in and now I have nowhere to go, for now." They insisted that I stay over at their place for a while. I knew the dangers in this so I shook my head. They understood and left me alone. Finally, a figure approached. It was Alan. I looked away from him. He was frowning also. "My mom says to bring you back home or else you'll catch a cold." Alan didn't look like he wanted to do this but I could see faint tints of a blush on his cheeks. "Stay away from me," I growled. "Andrew's gone off to some hockey practice and my mom's still home. I'll stay away from you if you like. And plus I'm not part of Andrew's evil mastermind." He made air quotation marks when he said mastermind. I nodded and followed him back home, keeping a fair distance between us. "You know..." he began and paused there, grumbling to himself. We didn't speak to each other at all afterwards. Entering the Louise house felt forbidden to my heart. I entered anyways, my cold self needing the warmth. Alan took my jacket warily and hung it in the foyer's closet. He went back upstairs to his room, leaving me alone keeping his promise. Mrs. Louise on the other hand, didn't leave me alone. She was exasperated. I told her that I wanted some fresh air and said sorry that I didn't tell her or Alan. "Andrew's been grumpy all morning. After I dropped him off at the centre, I immediately made Alan look for you. Are you sure that there's nothing wrong?" I nodded. Why would I tattle-tale Andrew to his mother? That felt so shallow. Mrs. Louise handed me a hot mug of cocoa, dropping in some mini marshmallows. "Thank you," I was gracious to her help. Why did her son had to be such an evil guy?

-- Tee hee. This one's more of an average length. Comment pleasee? --