concert.

[Puzzle p i e c e s. ] (Completed!)
School was dreadful yet I didn't seem to notice. I was way too excited for the concert tonight at seven. "I can't believe it! Look how happy Cera is! Math was dreadful yet she's still grinning! Unbelievable!" hissed the gossipy girls behind me. I would've turned around and made fun of them or something but today, it seemed like the sun wouldn't be covered by the endless clouds. No clouds were in my sky today. "Man, isn't that mouth going to tire out?" asked Chloe. She walked alongside me to gym class, the last period of the day. I stopped smiling effortlessly and noticed that yes, my mouth hurt a little-- or a lot. "Hehe..." I giggled. "Thought so," Chloe confirmed as she noticed my hand smoothing my tired jaw. "Don't overdo it," she told me and we ran down the stairs toward the gym locker rooms. The girls locker room door was right beside the boys and sometimes, you could hear the rowdy boys next door and sometimes you could spot the boys trying to sneak a peek. A large pack of boys passed our door purposely, trying to look inside. Madeline switched off the lights near the bathroom so that the boys couldn't see past the door to where the lockers were and where the girls were stripping. "My gym shorts are gone," I announced. I searched my locker everywhere. Where were they? I remembered that I stored them here yesterday. Who would steal my smelly shorts? Everybody had their own. This time, I wasn't smiling. "Cassie!" I asked the girl beside me. "Yes?" she responded. "Can I borrow your other gym shorts?" I felt guilty to borrow somebody else's gym shorts. It didn't feel right. "Sure, " she smiled sweetly at me, handing it over. "Thanks." I changed quickly into them.
~~
"Ceraa!" somebody screeched behind me. I turned around face to face to Liam. "Want to sneak off to the tree house?" I didn't really want to participate in anything like hurdles or shot put or anything relating to track and field so I agreed. I followed Liam across the green field toward the great coniferous trees that created shade for those hot summer days. Today was rather breezy. I could spot the tree house from here. Good thing the entrance was facing the opposite way. I heard that grade nines built the site. It was mainly a make-out spot but Liam and some of my friends come here to chat or ditch gym class. The gym teachers never notice. They always seem to centre around the soccer fields, normally chatting amongst themselves or texting on their phones. "And they don't let us use our cellphones!" wailed Kaila Whalen. She was a pinched-face blondie who always seem to be on her cell phone. "You'll survive." Teah rolled her eyes. Liam hopped on the prickly branches first. He looked like a gymnast compared to me. I did it the easiest way: hopped on the lowest branch and climbed my way up using the neighboring branches. This tree was huge and well-structured, a perfect area for a tree house. Liam and I sat at the highest point perched on the wooden platform, a few branches higher than the rest of my friends. Liam and I were uncomfortably close. I inched away, trying not to offend him. Maybe I should have sat with Teah or Kaila or maybe Kate. Liam seemed to inch close. I swung my legs onto the higher branches above, afraid. Liam looked up at me, confused. "Nicer view," I hollered, lying. Liam smiled, and started chatting with the girls below. Liam Nelson was a good guy. I was friends with him for about a year or so now, but I couldn't shake the feeling that Liam has a crush on me, or so as Chloe says from her observations. I finally got back to sit next to Liam. At least he wasn't as dreadfully close now. He smiled sweetly at me and we returned to the conversation we were discussing about movies.
~~
It was finally time. I couldn't believe it! I dressed as nice and casual as possible. It was a concert, plus I didn't want to look like I tried too hard. I dressed in a graphic t-shirt, denim capris, and my metallic silver Converse sneakers. My hair was up in braided pigtails. I double-checked for any apparent boogers or anything in my teeth. Alan called before I left, "uhm, I'll meet you there." -BEEP-. It was a short phone chat yet I felt overwhelmed with excitement already. Jessica drove me to the Saddledome. A buzzing crowd of people lined up near the front entrance, waiting to get inside. I personally haven't been to a real live concert and the excitement of the many spectators and fans were reflecting me. "Hey," Alan smiled-waved me over. He was standing beside a stout, skinny Asian, who had slit-like eyes and a straight angular nose. He smiled at me, while Alan introduced him as Cole. "Hey," I smiled back. "Oh my god! ALAN!" someone shrieked. It was her. The plastic Barbie girl whose name I've forgotten. I followed them inside the merging wave of people. Alan handed my tickets. I checked my seat. Like he said, we were sitting next to each other on the second row of the sidelines. The Barbie girl was all over across the stadium, waving frantically to Alan. I couldn't believe that I could spot her all over there. But maybe it's not unbelievable. "Why her?" I hissed. "Didn't I tell you?" Alan asked, puzzled. "I don't think so..." I tried to remember talking to him about her. "Her family is financially supporting us with our company's bankruptcy. They have a successful company that isn't the most successful but are willing to lend a hand to us." He answered. "But there are conditions." I continued automatically. "Yes. As you can see, Lauren chose me to be her husband." "Damn," I muttered. I didn't think it would be that complicated. My company was pretty successful too... "Hey! My father manages N.O. Vative Technologies!" Maybe just mayb-- "We owe them a lot of favors. How can we repay them now?" he continued. "Oh..." I sighed. The concert was about to start...
-- Damn. Can't wait for things to really heat up. Sorry, no Alan point of view... yet... --