scars and memories.

[Puzzle p i e c e s. ] (Completed!)
The stage came to life. The dark, echo-y podium that we saw before now reached its debut point. The blinding lights flared in the air and the effects came into action. The audience roared to life, as lively as the stage itself. Nickelback's lead singer, Chad Kroeger stepped onto the stage followed by the vocalist, the bass player, and the rest of the band.
"Did you know that his brother's in the band too?!" Alan hollered even though we were right beside each other. We were up in the stands, waving our glow sticks in the air.
"Really?!" I hollered back. "What's his name?!"
"Mike! And he's the bass guitarist!" Alan pointed to the man who was currently strumming his guitars. The song 'Gotta Be Somebody' started playing. I was a Nickelback fan myself so I sang along to the lyrics. Just like any other concert, the members would brush their hands, swiftly meeting the fans' raising hands. We were too far away for that to happen. After the song ended in a tremendous bang, they started another song, 'Dark Horse'. Alan then turned to face me. We looked dreamily into each other eyes and leaned in...
~~
My cheeks were still burning. We were outside of the Pengrowth Saddledome. The concert was truly spectacular, a great first concert memory for me. I bet Alan's been to tons. He didn't looked as be-dazzled as I was.
"That wasn't bad," he implied, proving my verdict correct. Lauren (I remember her name now), was holding on Alan's right arm a little too tightly. Alan shrugged her off but Lauren didn't mind and held onto his other arm instead. I bet she's used to this, I thought, or maybe she's just a plain moron. I laughed to myself. We waved good-bye to each other as Lauren and Alan left home on Mr. Louise's black Hummer. I finally got to meet Mr. Louise, or Tommy, that's what he told me to call him from now on. "No need for the formalities. You are as sweet as Mandy described you as." Mandy, I believed, was Mrs. Louise. "Thank you," I bowed my head and quickly blushed, remembering about the un-necessity. He smiled at the effort and hopped back on the towering SUV. After the headlights couldn't be seen down the dark street, Cole and I were left with the many more crowding, content audience. Many of them were still rowdy. I could see that their fuel hasn't burned down yet. Ours were though.
"So, how's it like having to hide your relationship between you and Alan?" Cole asked casually. There was a silence between us after we left and this was basically the icebreaker.
"Well, I would like for this relationship to come out of its shell but there would be too many complications," I responded dutifully.
"Of course," Cole nodded understandingly. That was it for our conversation. Shortly after wards, Cole's mother came in a fancy silver Jaguar to pick him up. Mrs. Nguyen smiled at me before driving away, leaving me with the ruckus crowd. I couldn't blame those who'd departed. There's always one left behind, especially due to someone's lateness. I glared at Jessica fleetingly. She appeared hustled and rushed. She probably slept in. I couldn't imagine Jessica overworking. I clambered into her Toyota blue F.J. Cruiser.
"Sorry." She smiled-apologized.
"I'll leave my dad to that," I responded threateningly. She looked terrified actually. "You know I'm kidding. Bad humor?" Jessica was quiet... until she suddenly burst out laughing like crazy. She wiped a stray tear from her hazel green eyes. "Your dad was scarily happy. For once in so long. I couldn't help but stay back! Don't think wrong." She looked sternly at me in the eye.
"Of course," I replied, shocked from what she's telling me. "He took me out for coffee and I totally forgot the time. That's why I'm late," she said apologetically. Everything she said was rushed. "Uhm, why is my father--?" She cut me short, "finally had the chance to sleep."
"Oh?" I was still puzzled.
"He'd hired an assistant and finally promoted someone as assistant manager. I bet he was saving the job for you, but after your hard work on his office and all," she reminded. I beamed happily. Maybe this plan is working after all.
~~
After we'd arrived home, I went straight down to the office. I was working on it the night before and a little bit this morning before school. My father wasn't there. I heard the sound of a running tap and knew he was in the bathroom. His office was completely re-decorated... but it wasn't completed just yet. I took out the silver picture frame I hid in one of his new drawers and placed it on top of his desk. In the frame was an old photo of my father, me and... my mother.
I ran back upstairs, wanting to leave it as a surprise. My father was out of the bathroom then, surprised to see me. "Hello," he greeted welcomingly.
"Hey dad." I waved and rushed upstairs. I didn't want to see his reaction, yet at the same time I did but maybe it was best to see what he'd do next. I know he wouldn't be disappointed, why would he? I want to see his reaction because my mother's death had shaken him. Will his reaction change from before when he shoved all the photos of mother in a box, duct taped the box and stored it secretly in the storage room (now that I uncovered it)? I had Jessica place the old frames back on the mantel of the fireplace. I hope he had learned that nothing important can be tossed away like garbage without leaving a scar. Mother wasn't a burden. She is very dear to us. I glanced at the photos from back when we lived in the busy city of Las Vegas to when we first moved into Calgary, Alberta, an unfamiliar city. I could finally look at these photos and smile instead of breaking down into tears. The sob from downstairs comforted me instead of worry me. Maybe it was because that they were tears of joy...
-- :D Finally updated. I'm not going to scold you people to comment but they always energize me to make another chapter. Thanks for all those who had already!
BTW: Read these awesome stories, NOW! Or later... Just read them kay?
www.winglin.net/fanfic/cloude01
www.winglin.net/fanfic/ShanShanDo
www.winglin.net/fanfic/just_miss_ya
THANKS!! :D