aiden connell part three.

[Puzzle p i e c e s. ] (Completed!)
"Oh, that's uhm, quite a problem..." she answered quietly. Girls passed us by, hoping to hear something to pass on but obviously getting nothing from our whispering and the noisy volume of the cafeteria.
"Well, maybe you should dump him," Janelle suggested lightly. "But I still like him." I prolonged for the moment for my heart to say that what I just told Janelle was a lie and that my heart was lying to me, that it's a joke or maybe this is a dream-- nightmare. A few moments passed in her mental decision and I was still here, not in a dream, my heart pounding anxiously.
"Well, I guess time would only tell," she muttered softly. I trailed her in agony.
~~
"Sometimes, I feel like my life is so predictable." I strolled cautiously beside her. Janelle was an easy person to confide, no wonder why she was so informative.
"Ah, I see," she pretended to write it down on her palm, waiting for someone-- like me, to crack a smile. She sighed when my face stayed expression-less. She slammed her locker and lead me out to the doors outside. When she swung the door, she hit somebody. We looked to see who it was. Janelle's jaw dropped open. It was Aiden. I gasped, I looked away and walked to a different exit, faster than Aiden and Janelle could. I could hear Aiden calling for me but soon I was out of earshot. I hid near the fence dividing our school between the elementary and ours. One of the caretakers was out in the front lawn where nobody ever hung out-- watering the lawn that looked green enough. It's like that for our school to keep its posh image. At least they wouldn't find me here, for now. I sprawled myself across the lawn, not caring that it was wet. My cheeks were still burning and I was out of breath and possibly out of my mind. I wanted Alan yet I yearned for Aiden. Cheating. I hated that. I've seen it too many times and heard of it too many times that I should know that it never results in a good way. I should also know not to cheat. But there was one thing that I understood about myself, I fall head over heels for practically any guy with a good first impression. Alan was gold. I knew him throughout. I barely knew Aiden. I would just have to walk away and stay with Alan, even if it means waiting for the time when we could finally be together, officially.
~~
Before I knew it, I fell asleep. Normally I fall asleep with a clear mind. Mine was full of thoughts. I was thinking too much. Weird. I found myself waking up in a different environment from the green lawns of the school and the barbed wire fencing of the school. I was in the Nurse's office. I could tell because of the plague that read NURSE ABELEY. This whole room was dark yet was decorated from every inch to every corner in white. Scared, I left quickly, claustrophobia creeping up on me. Nurse Abeley looked up in surprise, asked me if I was okay and signed me out of the room, not bothering to ask any more questions like why I fell asleep or why my back was wet. I left in a hurry to class. I missed approximately ten minutes of my first period. My excuse slip was in my right hand as I stumbled for my books. Science. Whee. When I arrived to the door, I noticed that the room was vacant. On the board read that today we would be going outside to do a lab. I groaned and took a booklet and rushed out to the east doorway.
~~
Outside, Mr. Linley was instructing the class on how to use some of the tools that were laid out on the grass. The class was already split into pairs, or so tried to... I couldn't believe it. Aiden was in my class. Two girls were fighting over him. Mr. Linley finally gave up and split them up.
"Ahh, there you are Ms. Jonah. You may acquaintance Mr. Connell for today's lab on Pressure." He still looked angry but I was more ticked off. Of all the people I get paired with, I get Aiden. This couldn't possibly make the situation any better...
I was correct. After Mr. Linley handed everyone their tools, the crowd dispersed. Aiden timidly followed me as I led him to a shady area about ten metres from where Mr. Linley stood. I sighed and began reading the booklet.
"You seem really tried, no wonder you fell asleep..." He then chuckled to himself. He looked adorably bashful. I looked away, frustrated, but then looked back.
"Did you take me to the Nurse's office?" I asked. He nodded silently, scribbling his name on his booklet. I forgot that and quickly scrawled that down. We started the lab in silence but throughout the lab, Aiden pushed me to speak to him. Eventually, I gave in. We were soon laughing our heads off as we tried to measure our feet and stand on our tippy-toes. Out in the grass was much more complicated and I wondered why Mr. Linley didn't make us stay inside. I felt better out here though. It wasn't as suffocating and plus the death glares radiating off most of the girls in the class wasn't as noticeable. I laid out onto the grass, not caring much about the bugs crawling on me. Aiden followed but after staring absent-mindedly at the clouds, Aiden leaned in.
~~
In shock, I threw him off of me. What was he, CRAZY?! I have a frickin' boyfriend! Oh right, I didn't tell him that, but that didn't give him the rights to start shoving his face onto mine. I stormed away in a whirlwind, leaving all my work back there, even my shoes. I heard Aiden call for me and Mr. Linley shout back in alarm. I dashed quickly to the door and let them close loudly. I locked the doors, walking away from the annoying constant banging. I sat against the wall, letting the tears roll soundlessly down my cheeks. Well, this would absolutely be the last time I ever talk to Aiden Connell. He'll be out of my life, someone unknown. This was a pact I made three months ago...

-- ABLASTTOTHEFUTUREEE! will be coming up next so stay tuned. ;D To entertain yourselves for the counting moments, read these recommended stories:
www.winglin.net/fanfic/cloude01
www.winglin.net/fanfic/just_miss_ya
www.winglin.net/fanfic/ShanShanDo --