game.

[Puzzle p i e c e s. ] (Completed!)
He giggled as he my face, arousing me. "Hey." I rubbed my eyes. "Sorry." I yawned. "No problem. You look cute when you're asleep." I blushed. "Want to play some ping pong?" He pointed to the empty family room. "My mom took Andrew out for some hockey game so we have the house to ourselves for four hours," he insisted. "Great!" I exclaimed, hopping off the bed immediately. We played a fierce and intense game of ping pong before Alan pulled a fast one, finishing off the game. We were tied for the number of games won. He wiped his sweaty forehead and asked, "do you want a drink?" I nodded, smiling and followed him toward the kitchen fridge where he made a root beer float for both of us to share. It was completely idiotic how he didn't make a separate one for me, but when he took out a box of straws, I knew what this meant. While we stared intensely at each other, slurping the cold drink, I would burst out laughing. Alan didn't seem to mind at all. He would laugh along with me. I sat in his lap the last few minutes, and asked each other questions. We were different in our own ways but I guess that's how the puzzle fits. I would enjoy this relationship for the time I had with him. I agreed to go to his wedding no matter how much it would hurt to watch him go down the aisle. Plus, I wanted to see him in a tuxedo.
Alan and I heard keys jingling and knew that Andrew and Mrs. Louise was home. I leapt up from his lap, ran back upstairs to the family room, flicked on the T.V. and watched some cartoons. Or acted like it. Alan was downstairs in the kitchen, hiding any evidence that would lead to suspicious-ness. This felt like a video game. Too bad when you lose, you can't reset. I heard some footsteps from the staircase and turned around to find Andrew looking over me, analyzing. I frowned at him and walked away from him, now sitting on the carpet. Andrew smirked and returned to his bedroom. Mrs. Louise was running up the stairs next. "Sorry that took long. The game went into overtime. At least Andrew's team won!" Mrs. Louise was soon out of breath. She was so childish. I laughed. "That's okay. Your family room kept me entertained." I returned to the T.V. screen, pretending to look interested. It was Alan who kept me entertained. Mrs. Louise sighed in relief. "That's good. Was Alan a bother to you? He can be cold and grouchy at times." She left me alone to go store away the bags of groceries she had in hand. I could hear Alan helping her out. "Alan's been acting quite different lately." Andrew appeared in front of me again. He sat down also. "Stay away from me ert." I inched away from him. He inched closer. "Want to answer why?" Andrew was on to us. Don't blush Cera, don't blush! I told myself. "Alan and I are just friends," I answered innocently. I hope he believed my straight face. "Hmm, I suppose. I'll be watching you." I shuddered. Andrew's a good actor. I remembered when he used to be so nice, like Alan-- sort of.
~~
My dad was out today and tomorrow I had to prepare to go to school. I didn't want this long weekend to end but it had to sometime. Besides, I could always hang over at their place some time next week. I didn't want to come over every chance I get. It would be too suspicious. I managed to hire some movers to remove all the furniture from the office into the empty space which we called the 'entertainment room'. So much for entertainment. All there really is in there is a couch and a soccer table which we barely touched. There was a fine layer of dust covering it already. I'd have to remind Jessica to take care of that. Jessica was already in the room, helping me paint. We changed the dreary white to a bold navy blue. I even switched the old lighting to something more brighter and elaborate. The window was very small, so I decided to hang a wooden blind over it. We weren't even halfway done. All the furniture I ordered was coming tomorrow. Let's hope I don't have a lot of homework. I didn't want to think about school just yet. After the last corner was painted, we cleaned up the room, brushes, paint pads and finally ourselves. We grabbed some snacks to feed our empty stomachs. The paint would dry in less than a day. "Well, we got a lot done today," Jessica commented. "And still a lot more to get done in time," I told her. "At least your father wouldn't be in his office at all this whole week. We could get this project done in time," she insisted optimistically. I nodded, finishing up my Dunkaroos. "What are you going to do about this job crisis?" she asked, resting her chin on her hands. I sighed. "Thanks for reminding me," I answered sarcastically. She put her hands up as surrender. "Sorry." "Whatevs. I've decided to enjoy the time I have left of freedom and while then, try to prove to my father that this job isn't for me. That's why I've started this project." I sighed, resting my head on the marble island. "Haha. Yeah, or screw up on the first day," Jessica suggested heartily. "My dad would know that it was intentional and think of something to make me actually work my hardest." My father wasn't an idiot. "Oh, your father's evil," Jessica said darkly and sarcastically. "Yeah."
~~
After the snack, I trudged upstairs, needing something or someone to lift my spirits. I hopped into bed, laying there, daydreaming. Suddenly, the phone rang. "I'll get it!" I hollered into the intercom. I clicked 'talk' and answered, "hello?" "Hey." It was Alan. "Alan?" I asked way too excitedly. "Yeah, me." He was back to his moody self. "What's up?" I sat on my swivel chair, rolling around several times, waiting for an answer. "Uhm, my friend got me tickets to go watch the Nickelback concert and I was wondering if you want to come along?" It was a very casual outing but if Alan was there, I was immediately pumped up by the thought. "Sure!" I exclaimed. Alan chuckled. "My fiancee would be there too." "WHAT?!" I nearly screeched. "She'd be far away from us though. She bought different seat tickets. I saved the seat beside me for you," he insisted. I cheered up. "But you and I would have to act shady and hooky right?" I asked, already knowing the answer. "Of course." Once we said goodbye, I hanged up and continued my sketches. My Blackberry then vibrated, signaling a text message. I checked it out. It was from my best friend, Chloe. It seemed like ages before I even spoke with my friends. They all went off someplace warm this long weekend. Chloe went to Hawaii with her family. I could imagine her in her tan. She was the type of person to get tans easily. Like me.
From: Chloe Anders
To: Cera Jonah
Omg! hawaii was a blast! supa hot guys!!cu 2morrow
ca
At this I laughed. Of course. I speed-text:
awsme! wsh i was thar wit u... D:
Almost immediately, Chloe replied:
cme wit me to teh nikelbk concrt!
I texted:
i m goin wit a frind. myb we wold c each othr!
Chloe:
i c i c
I should definitely hang out with my friends but I would be seeing them this whole week anyways so that should be fair. I could invite all my friends to go shopping one whole day this weekend. I started sending out the invitations via text message instantly.
-- Alan's point of view is next! Hopefully... --