Epilogue: Always Will, Always Have

Hello, Mr. Annoying
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Three hours later, Soojung and Jinri had watched two movies. None of which movies contained any romance at all. The living room was now completely silent. Not a single sound or word was uttered. It wasn't uncomfortable, though. Being best friends they could do nothing together and it would still be something to do.

 

A loud continuous sound from Soojung's phone, signalling an incoming call, broke the silence, giving the two women a shock. She looked at the display of her phone. "It's him, Jinri. What do I do?"

 

"Give me that." She grabbed the phone out of her friend’s hand and before Soojung could stop her she answered the call. "Do you honestly think you deserve to talk to your wife right now?" She never knew Jinri could sound so ice cold.

 

"I should've known she was at your place. Now give the phone to Soojung."

 

"No."

 

"Then tell her to come home. I really need to talk to her. It's important."

 

"Do you plan to break her heart again?"

 

"Of course not."

 

"I've heard that before, you bastard."

 

"Please, just tell her to come home." Jongin had to be serious or else he would've never used the word 'please'.

 

"Okay, I will." Jinri hung up and gave the phone back to her.

 

"What did he say?" Soojung asked eagerly with a concerned look in her eyes.

 

"He wants you to come home."

 

"Does he really expect me to do that after what he said?" She gaped at her.

 

"I think you should. He even said 'please'."

 

"But Jongin never says please."

 

"Exactly."

 

"Thank you, Jinri." Soojung hugged her tightly before rushing out the door. Only now did she realize how late it had gotten and cold too, though she didn't care. All she could think was to get home; Jongin actually said please and to another person than her nonetheless. Arriving at the doorstep of their house she hesitated. What if he really just wanted her home, so he could drag her to the hospital as quickly as possible? A deep breath and a deletion of her last thought later she opened the door.

 

At first glance the house seemed empty, but then she noticed a small note hanging on the wall. She stepped closer and read it: I love you. It was Jongin's handwriting. She looked around for her husband, but all she found was another note: You're everything my heart desires. By now

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter