Officially, Missing You

Hello, Mr. Annoying
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jongin didn't show up to her anymore after she set up him with Naeun. That was two weeks ago. When she called and asked Naeun, she told her that they hit it off. She must be happy because she already found his match. He won't anymore. He also will not scare her about the video. She is now free to accept Junmyeon. But she is not happy. In fact, she is hurting. She won't see him anymore. That was supposed to happen anyway. She must forget her feelings for him.

 

One night, she found herself holding his jacket and remembering the past that they were together in that dark production room. She first knew that he was hiding his insecurities because of his family problem. Now he already found the girl that would make him happy, she also must be happy for him.

 

"Darling, where did that jacket came from?"

 

"Mom! Stop scaring me." She was shocked and looked from whoever asked her. It was Mrs. Jung. She didn't notice that her mother went inside her room.

 

"It's been a long time that I saw that jacket in the paper bag inside your closet."

 

"It’s from my schoolmate. He let me borrowed it but when I was going to return it, he was gone." She said.

 

"Is the owner of that jacket special to you?"

 

"Why do you ask, mom?"

 

"That's why you didn't throw it because the owner of that jacket is special." Mrs. Jung declared. Her mom looked at her with hesitation then looked at the jacket. "How is Jongin?" Soojung froze. Why is her mom asking about him, like she knew that he owned the jacket?

 

"I already found his match."

 

"But why do you seem sad?"

 

"What are you saying that I'm sad? Of course I'm happy. I matched again. I made two people happy. I am happy for Jongin and Naeun." She glared at her mother.

 

"I can't see happiness in your eyes."

 

"Mom, are you still teasing me with him?"

 

"You just can't see that Jongin might be the one for you." She stayed silent. If only her mom knew.

 

“He is not my perfect match, mom. Even if I won’t use my matchmaking skills, we won’t be a match in different aspects.”

 

"You don't understand, Soojung. It is not that important of how people are perfect for each other or shall I say they are a match. But the heart still decides. Love is more important." Soojung remembered what Sunyoung told her. What she said was the same with what her mother told her. She could not help but agree. But the concept is not applicable for her. Jongin did not love her.

 

"We do not love each other, mom, that's why we don't match."

 

"How much do you know Jongin for telling me that he can't love you?"

 

"I know him a lot then and now. Everybody knows him as a bully. He had bullied me thrice when I was young in college and now. I am just a prey to a predator like him. That's what he thinks about me, mom."

 

"What if that is really not the way he thinks about you?"

 

"What do you mean, mom?"

 

"What if it was just a facade? Deep inside, he has feelings for you. You’re just trying to show that you don't have feelings for him but the truth is you do." Mrs. Jung said while looking at her teasingly.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter