Page 8

My "Fairytale" Ending
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Page 8

He kissed me. He actually kissed me. The one and only, Byun Baekhyun kissed me, Choi Aerin. How is this possible? I thought to myself as I brought my fingers to the tip of my lips. This was where he kissed me. Not the usual one on the cheek. Not on my forehead like what he always does. No, he kissed me on my lips. Oh, how tender and soft his lips were. I always imagined them to be so feather-like and smooth but no, it was even better. I really don't know what happened that night. Did he really kiss me? All I remember was ranting about our dinner and the next thing, I find myself running into the haven of my home, not daring to look back. Baekhyun ran after me and wouldn’t leave my front door, but I locked him out. I couldn't face him now. And here I am now, sitting in my room trying to figure out the whole situation. I wonder if he’s still at my front door. Am I really going to check?

“No Aerin you’re not.” I told myself but somehow, like always, I don’t listen. I run downstairs and I slow down as I see the door. I sneaked a peek through the window and he wasn’t there. I felt relieved and kind of disappointed. Disappointed? Aerin why should you be? It’s not like any guy would wait outside for you. Let alone kiss you! “Ugh! I really need to clear my head.” I grab a sweater from the rack, and it so happens to be the sweater Baekhyun gave to me for my birthday last year. I didn’t bother changing sweaters, I needed to get away. I walked out and instead of hearing the door click, I hear his voice.

“Aerin-” I wasn’t sure if I wanted to see him right now. “Aerin, please. I need to explain.” I turned around and cracked open a smile.

“How about we go for a walk then?” He just nodded, not returning the grin. I just wanted to relieve the tension between the two of us, it’s awkward enough. I waited until we were at the park to start a conversation. “It’s colder tonight than it was last night huh? Ugh. I guess winter really is coming.” I glance at Baekhyun who was rubbing his hands together, trying to warm up in the cold. “Pabo.” He looks at me confused and I grab his hand. He’s uncertain as to why I did it, but I drew both of his hands closer to me.

“What are you-” I bring his hands close to my lips and blow warm air on them. I rub his hands and try to warm him up.

“Relax would you? I’m merely trying to warm you up.”

Baekhyun’s POV

I watched as she proceeded to warm my hands. I was surprised as to why she took hold of my hands. And when she brought them close to her lips, I froze. Her lips. I stare at them and remember our kiss earlier this night. Why did you kiss her Byun Baekhyun? Why would you kiss your best friend? Your first love? When you’ve got Han Na? Easy... Maybe I’m not over Aerin. Maybe I just needed to kiss her, to confirm my feelings about her. And I got my answer from myself, I only needed the answer from her. When our lips touched, I felt my whole body go numb. It was a heartening feeling. I need to know if the feeling was mutual.

“Choi Aerin..” She glances at me for a second before returning her attention to my hands.

“Mm? Byun Baekhyun.” With my hands still in the protection of hers,  give her hands a squeal.

“I want you to be honest with me..” Aerin lets out a soft sigh before walking onto the cross path of the park. I follow behind her with my hands inside my pockets.

“Are we going to have one of those heart-to-heart talks we make fun of in the dramas?” She scoffs. She stops walk

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter