Page 15

My "Fairytale" Ending
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Page 15

Ring! Ring! I turn to my side and reach for my phone. It’s Baek. “Hello?” I groggily answer as I try and wake myself up enough to hear what he’s saying.

“Oh good you’re up. Just trying to make sure you don’t use the ‘I-slept-in’ excuse to not come to the party. By the way I’m picking you up later and escorting you to the party.” I sit up and catch my reflection in the mirror. A mess. I grab the brush and try to fix my hair.

“Wait, you’re not escorting Hanna to her party? Isn’t she gonna get mad?”

“She’ll just have to deal with it. Besides I have to make sure you actually come.” I roll my eyes and make my way to the bathroom. “Don’t roll your eyes at me.” Wait.

“Wait, can you see me right now?” I turn and look around for him.

“No I just know you. Now go get ready. I’ll be there at 7.”

“Alright don’t be late.” I end the call and hop into the shower. The whole time all I could think about was what was in that box he gave me. Baek doesn’t have the best taste. Whatever, a dress is a dress at this point. I finish freshening up and as I wrap the towel around myself a brilliant idea pops into my head. Even though I can’t open up the box with the dress yet he didn’t say I couldn’t open up the show box. The shoes can give away a lot about the dress. I quickly walk back into my room and look for the box. Where did I put it? I spot the box sitting on top of my t.v. I open it to find pearl pink heels. They’re so pretty and elegant. I smile at his choice. It’s very cute. I guess I have to give him more credit, he deserves that at least. Now I’m even more impatient to see the dress. For the rest of the day, I’m doing my nails. I paint them in French tip style. I dry my hair and decide to go with a curls hairdo. My phone rings and it’s Jongin this time. “Hello?”

“Aerin-ah! Did you find a dress?”

“Yeah Baekhyun bought me a dress.” I grab the orange juice from the fridge.

“He bought you a dress? That Baekhyun…I swear…” He starts to mumble.

“Jongin, where are you? How come there’s a little echo?” I pour myself a glass and return the juice in the fridge.

“Oh I’m in the locker room right now.”

“Right! Swim tryouts right?” I take my glass and sit down on the couch.

“Yeah it’s the last day out of the two. Sorry I’ve been so caught up with swimming. I totally forgot to ask you to be my date to Hanna’s birthday party.”

“It’s honestly alright Jongin. I understand.”

“Can I at least you to the party?”

“Actually…Baek is escorting me. I’ll just see you there.”

“Oh…Yeah I guess I’ll just see you there too. I hope you at least like the flowers I had delivered to your house.” I spit the orange juice back into the glass and set it down before I spill it even more.

“Flowers? What flowers?” Jongin laughs.

“Check your front porch. They should be there by now.”

“What flowers…” I get up to open the door and check.

“Hold on, Aerin-ah I have to go. I’ll see you later okay? Save a dance for me.” I say goodbye before hanging up the phone. He got me flowers? I open the door and see a huge bouquet of red roses.

“Oh my gosh…” I pick up the vase and close the door. The smell of fresh flowers fill up my living room.

“Who got you flowers?” Mom walks in with her pajamas still on.

“Jongin.” I set them down on the island in the kitchen. “You don’t have work today?”

“No I actually requested the day off. I’m not feeling well. But you on the other hand look more than just well. Where are you off to?” I laugh as I pull a rose out of the bouquet.

“Hanna’s birthday party. The attire is formal so I have to look good.”

“And is Jongin your date to the party?” I shake my head.

“I don’t have a date.” Mom stops and gives me a look.

“Wait is it the Jongin that used to bully you when you were younger?” I nod my head.

“Yeah but he’s not the same anymore.”

“Is he and his family back in Korea? I would love to catch up with them.” Before I could answer I look at the time and it seems like it really flew.

“Would love to chat mom but I have to finish getting ready.”

“Alright sweetie have fun.” I run upstairs and start doing my makeup. I decide to go with a pink look as well. You can never have too much pink. Just trust me on that. Finally it was time to open the box. For some reason, now that I can open it I’m a little hesitant. I remove the bow and lift the top. I couldn’t believe it. I couldn’t believe my eyes. It was the pink chiffon dress I wanted when we were younger. I begin to get teary eyed at the thoughtful gesture.

“Oh Baek…” I’m trying my best not to cry and spoil my makeup. Now I was just excited to put it on. I look in the mirror and—oh! The shoes! I put on the shoes and step back from the mirror to take a good look. Oh my…I can’t believe it’s the pink chiffon dress. I can’t believe he even remembered. I know he promised me when we were younger but promises were just things you threw around at that age. I didn’t actually think he’d remember or better yet fulfill it. I’m honestly so touched I forget about the time.

“Aerin-ah! Baekhyun is here! He says that you guys are running late now!” I hear my mom scream. Damn it. Of course I’m late. I grab my clutch, the gift I got Hanna and head down stairs. “Oh sweetie…” I look up to see both my mom and Baek speechless. “You look absolutely…”

“Gorgeous. You look gorgeous Aerin-ah.”

Baekhyun’s POV

I couldn’t take my eyes off of her as she walks down the stairs. She looks jaw dropping. Words can’t simply explain how beautiful she looks right now. She looks like a living doll. I’ve always found Aerin to be pretty even when she did carry that extra weight aro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter