Page 14

My "Fairytale" Ending
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Page 14

I thought a lot about what Chanyeol said two days ago and I can’t seem to stop thinking about it. I can’t hurt them both. So what does this mean? Am I going to just isolate myself in the attic like a bat? Well maybe not that. I sat there in class staring at the black board.

“Do you have the answer?” Jongin’s voice startled me out of the daze.

“Hm? What?” Jongin handed me his notebook.

“The answer to this problem. You looked like you were going to stare a hole in the wall.” I blushed. Was I really thinking too hard about this situation? I mean it’s showing for sure.

“Oh. I don’t know I haven’t even opened my notebook.” The bell rings to dismiss us from class and we head out to the hallway.

“Are you okay? You seem a little off today.” Jongin leans on his locker as I open mine.

“Yeah. I just have a lot on my mind. That’s all.” I shove my math notebook onto the top shelf and take the snow globe invitation. “Now that I think about it. I don’t even have a dress for Han Nah’s party.” It’s gonna be hard to find an appropriate dress so last minute and one that doesn’t rob my wallet completely of all the money I have left.

“Aerin! Jongin!” Baekhyun walks up to us. Our eyes meet and I quickly felt my cheeks burn pink. I look away and clear my throat.

“Baek, I heard you and Han Nah are practically gonna look like royalty at the party. Way to dress it up man.” Jongin pats him on the shoulder. “Oh and if you want Aerin I can come with you. I can help you find a dress.”

“You don’t have a dress yet?” Baek tries his best not to laugh. “It’s so like you do to something last minute.”

“I know. I shouldn’t even go anymore. What’s the point?” Baek and Jongin look at each other with wide eyes.

“What do you mean you’re not going? That’s absurd. If you can’t find a dress you can borrow one of my sister’s. I’m sure they won’t mind. They wear a dress once and that dress won’t see daylight as soon as they shove it back in their closets.” I felt relieved to at least know that I have a backup plan. I smile and pull Jongin into a hug.

“You’re a life saver. But I promise we will only cross that bridge if it is absolutely necessary.” I loosen my grip around him but he doesn’t budge. Jongin holds my body closer to his. “Um…” Suddenly I feel a pair of arms pry us apart. Baek stood there with the biggest frown.

“You’re just trying to bring her to your house, aren’t you?” He points his finger at Jongin as if the latter had done something wrong.

“I mean it wouldn’t be the first time she came over.” Jongin smirks feeling as if he had won that battle. I try to reassure Baekhyun it was nothing before he does something stupid.

“Jongin is just being nice. You should try it sometime, Baek.” I laugh as I close my locker and make my way out the main doors. If I head over to the mall now I probably have time to check all the stores for a dress.

Baek’s POV

Jongin is just being nice? Pfft. I cross my arms as Aerin walks out and turn my gaze to the boy whose face is still covered with that dumb smirk.

“What? You’re not gonna chase after her and stalk her for the rest of the day?” Jongin smiles and shakes his head.

“No I have swim team tryouts. You wanna come with? Maybe you could gain some muscle and fill in your clothes a little bit more. They seem a little baggy.” I restrain myself from making a harsh remark. He still seems like the same old Jongin. Or maybe he’s changed but it’s just that he doesn’t like me. Whatever it may be, all I know is I have a slight advantage over him.

“I already spend a majority of my day stuck with you in class so I think I could live being away from you for a few hours.” Jongin laughs and brushes his hand through his hair.

“Alright suit yourself.” We part ways and I exit the building before Hanna can find me.

“Baekkie!” Too late. I sigh and turn around to find her running towards me. “I haven’t seen you the whole day. Baekkie, I feel like you’re avoiding me.” She pouts and it quickly turns into a smile. “Of course you’re not. Aerin is probably trying to hide you from me. Speaking of Aerin, can you make sure she doesn’t make a fool of herself at my party?”

“What? What are you talking about Hanna?” I know Hanna is usually talking nonsense but I’m honestly lost right now.

“Oh you know, just make sure she wears something nice. Have you seen the way she dresses? Oh and make sure you tell her that even though that there’s a buffet she has to share the food with the other guests. You and I both know she had a little bit of an eating problem when she was younger. At least now she doesn’t look as bad as before but it doesn’t mean she can’t eat all that weight back.” I stood there listening to her bad mouth A

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter