Page 12

My "Fairytale" Ending
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Page 12

Normal POV

“Awh come on Baek why do you always have to eat so messily? You have sauce on your face.” Baek looks up with a mouth so full of pork that his cheeks inflated like balloons full of helium. “Here.” I grab the napkin and lean closer to him.

“What are you-” Our eyes meet as my hand froze in place. I tried my best not to look like an idiot but hey that’s what idiots do best.

“Um- you’re such a pig.” I felt my cheeks blush however my hand still hasn’t budged from its place one bit.

“Are you going to help me or just stare at my beautiful face?” Baek leans closer and chuckles.

“I-” I was left speechless by Baek once again.

“Here.” He grabbed my wrist and guided my hand onto his face. I wipe the sauce away but Baek held onto my wrist. “You know, I miss this. I like this. We’re like an old couple.”

“An- an old couple? We’re not even married.” I played it cool as I leaned back in my seat.

“You’re right! We could get married right now! We could run away together and be forever known as Mr. and Mrs. Byun!” I couldn’t tell if he was joking or not but he’s got my stomach in 20 different types of knots.

“Stop joking around and eat your food.” I scolded him. The front door opens and Baek’s attention turns to the figure standing behind me. “Who are you staring at Baek?” I turn around and find a Han Nah standing there and she didn’t seem to enjoy the view. “Han-”

“Move Aerin-ah. Move while I’m still being nice.” She crosses her arms waiting for me to leave. She kicks my seat to hurry me up. I turn to get up from my seat but a hand stops me.

“Aerin-ah.” Baek looks at me with sorry written all over his face. I was waiting for him to say something. I was waiting for him to say something to her.

“Aerin-ah move. Baek  let her go.” Baek sighs as he looks down onto his plate. He finally lets go of me.

“Wow. You never stand up for me.” I mutter under my breath as I leave the restaurant. I didn’t bother to wait for a response. I don’t know why I really wanted him to stand up for me. For once it would’ve been nice if he stood by my side instead of hers. However, she is his girlfriend and I’m not. I’m-

“Aerin-ah.” Jongin walks over to me with a plastic bag in his hand. “Are you hungry?” He lifts up the bag and smiles at me. We walked over to the bench as he sets down the food. He opens the lunch boxes and smiles at me. I guess I still had the same disappointed look on my face as he set his lunch box down. “Are you okay?”

“Yeah yeah I’m fine.” I picked up the chopsticks and a lunch box as I plan to just stuff my face with food so he could stop asking questions.

“No, you’re not.” He takes away my lunch box and I didn’t stop him. “You always eat when you’re upset. Come on, what’s wrong?” Right on time, my phone rings telling me that the period is over and it's time to go back to class.

“We should get going.” Jongin sighed as he helped me clean up. On the way there he has heavy shoulders and not once did he stop looking at me with a worried look. I guess this is what it feels like to have someone worry about you. It feels different. We got to the main door as we walked in a PE class greeted us on the way out, Baek’s class. I scurried by hoping not to see his face.

“Aerin-ah.” His eyes meet mine and I quickly turn away. “Aer-”

“Byun-sshi keep moving.” Forced by the teacher’s scolding, Baek made his way out the door and onto the lawn. Jongin grabbed onto my hand as he led the way. I felt kind of bad about ignoring him I didn’t notice the detour Jongin led us through.

“Why are we going up the stairs? Our class is on the first floor.” Second, third, fourth floors. Was he taking me to the roof? “Jongin I don’t have time for this.” I turn away but he grabs my hand. What’s with all the grabbing today? He opens the door and pulls me outside. “You know we're not supposed to be here.”

“Aerin-ah. Shush. You talk too much.” I rolled my eyes at him. He’s not wrong. However, I don’t like people pointing it out. “Ok, now I give you permission to talk. What’s wrong?” This again? Man, this kid doesn’t stop.

“Nothing.” I looked away from him knowing if I stared at him I would give it away.

“You like him.”

“What?” His response caught me by surprise. Am I like a walking sign? Am I that obvious?

“You still like him.” I shake my head in denial. Jongin pulls me over to the edge of the rooftop. He pointed out to the PE class stretching outside. “You still like Byun Baekhyun.” We looked out to find him jogging or at least attempting to. Jongin also takes a minute to take in Baek’s jogging style. I wouldn’t say he ran like a girl cause heck most of the girls in this school run better than him. He had a way where he ran as if he had gum on the bottom of shoes and his arms flew around as if he was trying to swap away some flies. It was a unique run. Unique. Yeah. “Has he always ran like that?” I covered my eyes and laughed.

“Sadly yes.” I was kind of hoping we could change the subject to weird things Baek does.

“Is that why you like him? Cause if you want I’ll run like that. I’ll probably look better doing it but I’ll try for you.”

“You don’t have to. Want to know why? Because I don’t like him Get that through your thick skull.” I ruffled his hair.

“Oh yeah? Byun Baekhyun!” Jongin screamed off the top of his lungs.

“Yah!” I covered his mouth but he pried my hands away. “Don’t call out his name!”

Baek’s POV

“Baekhyun-ah I think Aerin is calling you from the rooftop.” I stopped running and lookup.

“Minho-ah you can keep running. I think I’m 2 laps ahead of everybody.” I confidently brush off my shoulders.

“Um, actually you’re like 4 laps behind.” I kneel down to tie my shoes.

“Well, how come I’m passing everybody?” I really did feel like I was ahead. I’m a pretty good runner.

“Actually they’re passing you.” I glared at him as a signal to go before I smack you. Now, what is Aerin doing on the rooftop? Probably going to apologize? Wait- is that Jongin?

“Aerin-ah!” Did she hear me?

Normal POV

“Aerin-ah!” Baek yelled out my name. Oh crap. What do I do? What do I- I grabbed Jongin’s collar and pulled him into a kiss. I, Choi Aerin, kissed Kim Jongin. I, a girl, pulled him, the guy, into a kiss. It wasn’t just any guy, it was Kim Jongin. I let go and couldn’t look down to see Baek’s face. I couldn’t pull myself to do it. However, I could pull myself to kiss Jongin? Wow, I don’t make sense. Welcome to the confusing world called Aerin’s Logic. Hope you enjoy your stay.

“Now are you convinced I don’t like him?” I played it cool as if that kiss wasn’t to avoid Baek.

“Well the kiss was nice but I’m not satisfied with my answer.” He smirks. He should know by now, a smirk earns him a smack.

Baek’s POV

I sat down on the locker room bench and stared at the blue locker.

“Hey, Baek you look like you’ve seen a ghost!” Minho gave me a hard pat on the back. He was surprised I didn’t punch him back unlike our everyday ventures. “Baek, are you alright?”

“Huh? Yeah. Yeah. I’m just blanking out.” I shook my head and finally opened the locker I stared long and hard at. I got out of my PE uniform but moved like a snail. Everyone else has changed already. I don’t know. I guess I was caught by surprise when Aerin kissed Jongin. Why should I even bother? I have a girlfriend. Aerin turned me down. She doesn’t like me. Come on Baek. You told yourself

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter