Page 11

My "Fairytale" Ending
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Page 11

Recap: After Baekhyun’s shy little confession about his feelings for Aerin. Aerin, putting his feelings before hers, turned him down. It’s been a few months since that very day. Baek’s seeing Han Nah and it’s still tearing Aerin into a million pieces. One day after skipping class, Aerin runs into a familiar stranger. One who she hopes can help her get over and move on from Baek. The one and only, Kim Jongin. Jongin confesses his feelings for Aerin and promises to help her every step of the way. Which leaves Baek a little bit more annoyed than usual. Let’s just hope things don’t get a little too twisted.

Normal POV

I snuggled close into the welcoming warmth of the blankets as my head rested on the thousands of feathers that made the pillow. My eyes gradually took in the world’s light into view and something already ticked off my balanced. Where was I? I sat up on the bed and didn’t come to recognize the room. I quickly hug myself to see if my clothes were still on. Yup. Still there. I look around and no one else seemed to be in the room. I got out of bed and-

“Ow!” I stumbled over another body and quickly picked myself up.

“What- who are you!?” The body turned itself around and a familiar smile reassured me. “Jongin?” I felt my shoulders loosen from the tension until I noticed he was shirtless.

“Hey-” I grabbed the pillow on the floor and whipped it at him.

“Jongin what are you doing?! Why are you ?!” I couldn’t control myself. I was freaking the freak-out. “Wait- did we?!” I squealed as I attempted to cover myself with the blanket. “How could you?!” Jongin has never looked so confused.

“Hey- Aerin.” Every step he took towards me I took a step back. “Calm down. We didn’t do anything last night.” I covered my eyes.

“Put a shirt on then.” Jongin chuckled as he rustled through his drawers for a clean shirt.

“There I’m all covered.” I put the covers down and sat on the edge of the bed. “You fell asleep on the walk home and your mom wasn’t home so I let you stay over.” He walked over to the mirror to fix his hair. “You sort of kicked me out of the bed so I slept on the floor.” I felt my cheeks blush.

“But why were you ?” Jongin smiled.

“Ok, first of all, I wasn’t fully . And… I always sleep with no shirt on so… Besides I would never take advantage of you like that.” I somehow felt safe after his soft words.

“Sorry..” I felt kind of bad for freaking out like that. Especially so early in the morning. Ugh. “What time is it?”

“It’s 6. We can stop by your house and then head off to school. Your mom should be home by then right?” I nodded my head and waited in the living room for Jongin. He went to go get ready. I don’t know why I’m so mixed about Jongin going back to school with us. I started to play with the marbles in the vase that sat at the very center of the coffee table. I played and touched anything that couldn’t possibly break. I couldn’t stop moving. I was just so unsure about it. How would Baekhyun feel? Wait- why should I care? Stop thinking about him. Maybe I should drown away the thoughts with a glass of water? I made my way to the kitchen and yet my attention was still on the whole welcome-back-to-school-Jongin thing. A little too much that I poured water all over my shirt.

“Jongin!” I ran up the stairs. “Oh, he’s probably still in the shower.” I walked into his room and opened the drawer he opened earlier to get a shirt. “Let’s see... Shorts. Shorts. Really short shorts. Wait- no.. ew!” I threw his underwear across the room and went back to invading his privacy. “Aha!” I finally found a red shirt and took my wet shirt off. I used the backside to dry myself up.

“Aerin?” Jongin walks in with just a towel around his waist. His hair dripping drops of water down his tan glistening body. From the edges of his jaw to his strong collarbones to his well-toned abs. I didn’t catch myself drooling over him to notice that I was standing there with just a bra on and of course, my pants.

“Oh my god!” I covered myself with his shirt. “Get out! Get out!”

“Going! Going!” I quickly put on the red shirt and run out the door to let Jongin change. I still couldn’t stop fidgeting. What’s wrong with me? Jongin walked out drying his hair with a yellow towel. “Uh sorry about that earlier. I didn’t know you were in… there… Is that my shirt?” A wide grin appeared on his face. “It looks good on you.” He winked at me. I’ve never felt my cheeks blush so pink.

“Oh shut up, Kim. It’s way too long for me.” He grabbed the strap of his bag and threw it across his shoulder.

“I don’t know. I think it looks cute on you.” He walked over to fix the shirt, patting away all the wrinkles. “Come on, we better get going if we’re going to make it to school on time.” He takes my hand into his and pulls me towards the front door. “You don’t mind if I hold your hand do yah?”

“Nope, not at all. What are you going to do next? Kiss me?” I joked around.

“If you want me to.” Jongin winks at me and playfully leans in for a kiss. However, I don’t move back or smack him like I usually do. I stood still. He stops halfway, just inches before my very lips. “You didn’t retaliate.” It was as if time stood still and we fell victim to time’s icy hands as we stood there like the frames of a movie. His lips were so close to mine that I can almost feel his soft velvety kiss. His lips that every girl once dreamed of kissing. “Can I kiss you?” I fluttered my eyes as I unfroze from the film. As soon as I hear the word kiss I’m reminded of Baekhyun.

“I’m- I’m sorry, but every time I hear the word “kiss,” I think of Baekhyun. I have to go.” I let go of his hand and rush out the door. I can’t look at him right now. Why can’t I move on so easily?

“Aerin! Aerin-ah wait!” Jongin runs out the door. I stop walking and as I turn around I’m caught in his embrace. He brings his lips to my forehead. “That’s for making me chase you so early in the morning. Now come on let’s get you home.” He grabs a hold of my hand and literally pulls me in the direction of home.

Jongin’s POV

I don’t know what gotten into me. I really have to win her over. Baekhyun has already gotten his chance. I stayed out on her front porch as she got ready inside.  The door swings wide open and Aerin stands there running her fingers through her soft hair. I smiled at her appearance and couldn’t help myself from staring.

“You look great.” I whispered to myself. She looks up and smiles at me. Did she hear?

“I think you’ve gotten too nice, Kim.” She walks down the stairs smacks me on the head. “What happened to all the teasing you always gave me? Man, I guess shedding a few pounds does work miracles.” She laughed.

“The weight was never a problem for me…” She stared at me with sincere eyes.

“Okay, Romeo I think we’re done with the cheesy stuff for the day.” I couldn’t help my smile. She leaned forward to give me another smack to the hand but I grab her hand and spin her around. I embraced her back into my arms a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter