Page 5

My "Fairytale" Ending
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Page 5

I hate her. I hate her. I hate her... Did I mention that I hate her and her slimy little guts? Why is Baekhyun too blind to see? Little bastard..

“Ugh, what’s wrong with you Aerin!” I stare at the reflection in my bedroom mirror. “You’re not supposed to be like this. You want to forget about him!?” I groaned and plopped my onto the bed.

“Aerin-ah!” I hear Baekhyun’s voice as he calls out my name. I don’t answer at first but I walk towards the balcony. Just as I was about to open the window a pebble comes in contact with the glass surface.

“Yah Baekhyun! Stop throwing rocks at my window!” I scolded him as if I was his mother. He didn’t care though. He stood there with his hands stuffed inside his pocket and he looks up at me with a smile.

“Well if you answered when I first called you I wouldn’t have to. Now get your down here.” I didn’t ask him why, I simply did as he told. I didn’t bother bringing a sweater with me but now I regret it.

“Why’d you-” I shivered a little.

“I needed to go for a walk to clear my head. I do it best when you’re around. I don’t have to worry about looking normal.” He chuckles to himself.

“You’re never normal.” Baekhyun protested and flicked me on my forehead. We walked to the park until Baekhyu decided to sit for a while.

“So what do you want to do tomorrow? Want to go eat at a restaurant or something?” He puffs and lets out a mist of smoke. It was cooler tonight. The sun disappeared faster, the nights have gotten longer, the breezes of the trees turned cold. Winter was slowly coming. I stared over at him and noticed how the tip of his nose lightly turned pink. I smiled to myself.

“Why would you want to eat at a restaurant?” Baekhyun turned to me and had this, are-you-crazy-, look on his face.

“It’s your birthday tomorrow! How could you forget?” My smile grew wider. I can’t believe he remembered. I didn’t even bother to remind myself of the date yet he did. The thought brings a warm and welcoming feeling to my stomach.

“You remembered?” He nods but kept a serious look on his face. I can’t wait for tomorrow now. Each year I’d always celebrate my birthday with Baekhyun. My parents work late and won’t arrive home until 11 in the evening.  Last year we stayed home and watched movies as he cooked dinner for me. Of course it ended up being a disaster with his cooking. So in the end we ordered some pizza and crashed onto the living room sofa. My mom got home to find us sleeping in each other’s arms. If only it could last longer.

“You make it sound like I’m not a very good friend.” He said in a disappointed tone.

“Sorry..” I start to warm my hands and my arms. I was literally freezing.

“You’re so stupid..” Baekhyun scoffed and took off his jacket. “Here..” He puts it over my shoulders. I don’t say anything, not even a thank you, I just simply smile and lay my head on his shoulder. “Tomorrow it’ll just be you and me. You should feel special I don’t usually clear my afternoon schedule just for anyone.” I laughed at his cocky little comment.

“I must be pretty special to you huh?” I played along with him. We stared at each other for a moment before bursting out into a fit of laughter. After a few seconds, the laughter died out and Baekhyun looks at me with sincerity.

“You are..” He mumbled. I wasn’t sure if I heard him right.

“What..?” He scoffs before looking down to his feet.

“Uh... Are you really going to make me repeat myself?” He smiles and looks at me once again. “I said you are special to me, fool.” I don’t know how much I was smiling but I do know I wanted this moment to last. I wanted to hear him say those words to me again. But I know he meant it in a friendly way, but a girl can dream right. “Now come on, you should get home. You

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter