Page 10

My "Fairytale" Ending
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Page 10

“Oh, Baekhyun-ah!” Jongin sounded happy, seeing an old friend again. But Baekhyun had a stern expression painted on his face.

“Jongin... you’re back?” Unlike Jongin, Baekhyun was less ecstatic seeing an old friend. Especially if that old friend was Jongin.

“Yeah just got back today and fortunately ran into Aerin on the bus.” Jongin flashed me a smile as Baekhyun seemed to do the opposite.

“Yeah… fortunately…” Jongin didn’t seem to understand the awkwardness of the scene so I tried to break the ice by talking but Baekhyun beat me to it. “I called you like 4 times.” His voice was stern, almost sounded like my mom whenever I’d come home late.

“Oh yeah I know but you told me you were going out to eat with Han Na anyway so.” I waved at Han Na as she smiled back. “You guys came to eat here?”

“Come on you know me, I always eat here. You guys are awfully sitting way too close, you do know that there’s another seat in front of you.” I rolled my eyes at him, who does he think he is?

“Yeah, we know…” Jongin finally sensed the awkwardness as he grabbed my hand and gave it a little squeeze. I looked at him and gave him a soft smile.

“So is this the girlfriend?” Jongin smiled at Han Na. “Aerin told me you were dating someone.” Jongin’s smile grew even bigger.

“Actually-” Baekhyun was interrupted by Han Na.

“Baek our table’s ready. It was really nice seeing you Aerin and meeting you... um...”

“Jongin. It’s okay you two go ahead and proceed with your date... As I do with mine.” Baekhyun looked like he was shooting lasers at Jongin as he forced a smile on his face.

“I’ll see you two later.” It almost looked like Han Na practically dragged him to their table. I really didn’t know what his problem was. As for Jongin and I, we both let out a sigh of relief as Baekhyun was gone.

“Wow, that was…” Jongin couldn’t find a word to finish his sentence or a word to describe that weird situation we were just in.

“Intense?” Jongin leaned forward and grabbed the water pitcher as he filled his and my cup to the top.

“That’s one way to put it. What was his problem? Was he not happy to see me or something?” Jongin chugged the glass down as he reached poured himself another cup but I stopped him.

“How about we just leave before you end up this whole place out of its water supply?” Jongin chuckled nervously as he opened his wallet and paid for the meal. I waited for him outside as the water finally did win the battle. It’s gotten a lot colder lately as winter was just around the corner. I started to rub my arms with my hands, trying to keep warm but it was no use. It was stupid of me to keep my sweater in my locker. Looks like I’ll have to freeze until tomorrow morning. Suddenly I felt my shoulders warm-up as someone’s jacket was wrapped around me.

“You know, you really should’ve brought a jacket.” Jongin came out as he blew on his hands before shoving them in the tiny warmth of his pockets. “Where are we off to now?”

“Anywhere you want to go. I decided I should be your welcome home party, cheer you up a bit from that little… awkward… encounter…” Jongin shrugged his shoulders.

“Why not? You do owe me for that and I sorta did save your back there.” He winked before walking off.

“What? You saved my ?” I yelled at him as I stared at him walking off. He turns around with a huge smirk on his face.

“That’s what I said, right?” I chase after him and slowed down to match his speed.

“I guess I do owe you for that. Ooh, come on let’s go in there!” Jongin had a worried look on his face.

“My first day back and you want to take me into a convenience store?” I rolled my eyes at him. If he was going to follow, he’ll follow so I walked inside and guess what? So did he. I looked around for the disposable cameras. Ones that last for just the day, unlike the memories you take with them. Let’s see... There were the gloves, bandage packs, heaters, winter hats, flashlights… Ah! Found them. “Disposable cameras?” I walked up to the counter and paid for them, handing one camera to Jongin.

“Yupp. Today you and I are tourists. I say we go out there and take a few pics as if you have never been here before. This wouldn’t be hard for you since you haven’t been here for years.” Unconsciously I grabbed his hand and we walked out onto the sidewalk, I didn’t even notice we were walking hand in hand. But when I did I still didn’t let go, or maybe since his hands were warm. We were walking straight into the heart of downtown with all the little stores and cafés. There were couples walking around, holding hands or the guy would have his arm over her shoulder. There were little kids running around playing tag as the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter