Page 6

My "Fairytale" Ending
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Page 6

“Where are we?” I looked around and the train station itself was crowded with the feel of the fair. The annual carnival was here again and each year the two of us would go together. We usually go on a late day but it’s my birthday. I’m special, aren’t I? You know what... Don’t answer that. I stood by Baekhyun admiring the scene. People were wearing balloon hats, masks, costumes, and gadgets. The smell of corn dogs and the light scent of cotton candy covered the usual stench of the train station. Everyone was rushing in and out of the place. It was noisy. And I hate really noisy places but this... This was different. It wasn’t the normal city noise. It was the sound of people enjoying themselves, now that’s music to my ears.

“Come on.” He grabs my hand and we surface from the dark tubes of the train station, into the light. “What do you want to do first?” I looked around and surveyed the area. There was a lot to do. I scanned each tent in and out like a hawk, a cute hawk, why do I even try? Anyway... It was nothing new, games and stuff of that sort; that was here last year and the year before, yet I never get tired of it. I had a hard time choosing until a certain tent caught my eye. I immediately run inside forgetting about Baekhyun. “Wait for me!” I walked in and looked at the array of hats and headbands. There were kitty ears, mouse ears, panda hats, animal hats, and in different colors. I was like a child in a candy store. FYI the candy tent was right next door. I know where I’m going next.

“Baekhyun-ah! Get me a hat or something!” I pointed to the shelves.

“Well, you could’ve waited for me. Hm... How about this?” He handed me a tiara and I wasn’t so sure about it at first. But the smile he was giving me was so reassuring I forced myself to.

Baekhyun’s POV

“So what do you think?” She turned around and smiled at me. I couldn’t help but laugh at her because the tiara was tilted.

“Wait, it’s tilted.” I leaned closer to fix her tiara. “There.” I looked down at her at the same time she looked up. Our faces were so close and I felt as if I couldn’t move. I don’t know what’s gotten into me lately. Whenever we were super close and when she’d touch me, I get caught up in the moment, surprised even. This isn’t like me. Her face was so close to mine. Our eyes met at the moment and I slowly gulped.

“How- how does it look?” I shook myself out of the trance and looked at her.

“Eh- it’s okay guess.” She gives me a fake hurt look before smacking me. “Yah! Here go pay for it.” I hand her the money and watch her walk off to the cashier. I stood there rubbing the pain and smiling at her. I wanted to tell her she looked beautiful in it but it was always a thing of ours to insult one another, tell each other the opposite. Yet of course we didn’t do it all the time. It was taking her quite some time to pay so I decided to play around with the hats.

“Yah! Are you done?” She came out of nowhere. I got startled and knocked a few things off the shelf causing a big ruckus. Everyone inside looked at us and I frantically picked everything up. Afterward, I grabbed her hand and rushed out of there. I brought her over to the food tents because she wouldn’t keep them shut. I might as well shut her up with some food. I paid for two corn dogs and we sat on the side devouring it.

“You know it's been a while since I’ve had corn dogs.” I said just before I took a big bite. I looked at her waiting for her continuation of the conversation but she just sat there munching her way through. I was about to tell her she’s already to the stick but she stops and pouts. She looked so cute, I gave in. “Come on Baekhyun be the man.” I mumbled to myself. I stared at the corn dog before handing it over to her. “Here take it. I’m not so hungry.” She looks at me hesitantly but I shoved the food in so she couldn’t disagree.

“Let’s play some games!” This was my favorite part. As much as I’d like to let her win, I was pretty competitive,  myself. We walked up to a shooting race game. It’s where two or more players compete with one another. The game was set with moving targets and laser guns. The player who shoots the most targets at the end wins. I held the blue laser gun in my hand as she held the red one. “You’re going down, blue.” She stuck her tongue out at me.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter