Page 7

My "Fairytale" Ending
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Page 7

“Wha- what?” I choked on my words as I tried to make sure I heard him right.

“My first love was you.” He seemed so calm about it and his face was kept serious. For some reason I just couldn’t believe him, I burst out laughing.

“Haha! Baekhyun you’re so funny!” I pat him on the back and restrain him from choking on my words once again.

“What’s so funny?” He asked in a stern voice.

“You’re kidding me!” I waited for him to laugh along with me but he didn’t. “You’re kidding right?” I was scared of what he was about to say or do.

“I’m not! You spend most of your childhood with someone, it only takes time until you fall for them.. Well at least for some people…” What did he mean?

“What do you mean for some people?” His raised voice calms down and he sighs at me.

“Huh.. It’s no- Well.. You- you don’t feel the same way..” This time Baekhyun chokes on his own words. Right there. Right now. I wanted to tell him I felt the same way. But I couldn’t. He was just confused with his feelings. Maybe he didn’t love me that way. Maybe he’s confused with the brother-sister love. Maybe it’s just in a friendly way. I had to clear that up for him. It hurts enough that he might actually like me. But what about Han Na? Why is he telling me this now?

“Baek-” He turns to face me and our faces were only inches apart. I look up at him and our eyes lock. For a few moments, we stay like this before Baekhyun smiles.

“I think it was around the summer of freshman year. When my parents decided to take me out of town for two days. I was dying for two days. I wanted to see you, hear your voice, let you smack me for leaving you. There were a lot of girls there, but I only thought of you…” I looked at him as he smiles at me sincerely. “Ha... A lot of the girls talked to me... But all I said to them was ‘I already have a girlfriend’ and when they wouldn’t believe me. I’d show them a picture of the two of us. Ha... Lame aren’t I?” I couldn’t say a thing, I only shook my head. I couldn’t believe what he was telling me. Am I dreaming? I felt my stomach churn in twenty different directions. My cheeks were burning and I held back a smile.

“No… not at all..” He rests his head onto my shoulder and gave my hand a squeeze. Suddenly I realized my eyes were open and we were hundreds of feet in the air. But for some reason, I wasn’t so scared anymore. I had more important things going inside my head. And for once I looked out of the glass window of the cart. I saw the view, it was beautiful, I regret not opening my eyes sooner. For the rest of the ride, neither of us said a single word but it wasn’t awkward yet comforting. When the cart was almost down to the ground I check Baekhyun and he was fast asleep. “Baek-” I gently shook him and his eyes flutter awake.

“No.. I want to stay like this forever..” He whispered but he got up away. “So where do you want to go next?” He acts as if we didn’t just have a whole confession in the Ferris wheel. But I understood if he didn’t want to talk about it. I didn’t either. I didn’t know what to say. I didn’t know what I was feeling. Should I be happy? The one I like has potential feelings for me. Should I be even more worried? This makes it even harder for me to forget him. I know what you’re thinking. ‘You’re crazy!’ And I might be. He might actually like me.. Byun Baekhyun... My best friend... Uh, I can’t think straight! “I know... I can’t either..” I snap out of it and stare at him.

“Did I say that out loud?” He only smiles and nods his head at me. “Sorry. Maybe we should get going? It’s getting pretty late. How bout you take me on that restaurant date you promised?” Baekhyun grabs my hand and we walk towards the train station.

“Fine. I’ll take you on that date.” He emphasized the word ‘date’. Did he just say date? This boy is full of surprises.

“Date? Did you just say date?”

“That’s what you called it.” He grins at me cheesily and the Byun Baekhyun I know is back to being his weird self. Did I really say ‘date’? Must’ve slipped. If I tried explaining that to him he’s just going to tease me more so I decided to stay quiet. “So where do you want to go on our first date?” And so the teasing begins.

“Shut up.” I stuck my tongue out at him and he continues. After the train ride, we decide to walk to the restaurant. He gra

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter