Glamorous

Glamorous

 

I am terribly sorry for not updating sooner, work has been occupying my time. But anyways I was finally able to update so enjoy :)



 

Chapter 5 – Practice

 

I moved everything to my new dorm, with the help of Changsun. He seemed like a really good manager. After I moved my things there, I went back to the restaurant I worked at to fix everything there. I explained my reason for leaving, and they were happy for me. They also told me that if I ever needed to work, for whatever reason, they would have a space open for me. I smiled and thanked everyone there for taking good care of me. Then I left to J. Tune to practice, since I would start practicing with the girls today. I entered the practice room that the girls were practicing in earlier, and I saw them sitting on the floor resting. “So you made it back?” I heard Cassandra-Lin speak as I walked in, I just nodded my head. “Ok, since your new and all, come sit with us so we can get to know each other better.” Minhee say as she patted the open space next to her. I went and sat down next to her. “So how old are you?” Heera asked. “I'm 22 in American years but 23 here I guess.” I answered. “We all go by our American years here, so 22 is fine” Minhee said. “Umm how old are all of you?” I asked them. “I just recently turned 20, Cassandra-Lin and Heera are 19 going to be 20 as well this year. And Minhee is 23.” Kira answered. “Oh ok, so I am you threes unni, and you are my unni” I said motioning to the girls in turn. They all nodded their heads. “That is going to be weird for me” I said to no one in particular. They all just laughed. “You will get used to it in time” Minhee said as she patted my back. “So I have a question for you Cassandra-Lin -” I started before I was cut off. “Cas is just fine,” she said. “Ok Cas, umm you look like someone I know but I can't seem to figure out who for some weird reason. Do you have siblings?” I asked, she began to laugh, a bit hysterically. “Well I am Yang Seungho's dongseang.” she said once she calmed down.

“WHAT! Why didn't I realize sooner, aish I'm such a dummy.” I said as I lightly smacked myself. The girls laughed at my little antic, I guess they found me amusing. “Wait, that's bad for me” I said once I realized what that meant. “What do you mean?” Heera asked. “Well, umm I am a huge MBLAQ fan, and well he is my favorite member in the group. Wow not only am I working in the same company now, but I also will be working with his younger sister. Life is cruel to me.” I explained, finishing more to myself. They all looked at me with knowing smiles, which I took notice, and soon felt the blood rushing to my cheeks. “Aww, that is so cute, and we sort of understand how you feel.” Minhee said to me. I couldn't really say much, so I just nodded my head. “If you want we can tell you a little secret about ourselves?” Kira said to me. “Uhh you don't have to, it's ok Kira.” I said, more to hide my embarrassment. I really needed to work on my blushing. “You can call me Rin, I prefer that than Kira.” she said smiling. I nodded my head. “So our secret, is that we are MBLAQ fans too. We all have a tiny crush on the guys as well. So now, everyone here didn't come here because we liked them,but because we have a goal to achieve. No we are not obsessive fans, but we are human and like that we have developed feelings.” Heera explained to me. “Ah, so that’s good, umm may I ask who each of you like if its ok with you?” I asked. They all looked at each other and nodded their heads. “Ok so I like G.O” Minhee began. “I like Joon” Rin said next was Cas, “I like Thunder.” And last to speak was Heera, “And for me it is Mir.” I began to smile, at least I knew we all had something in common.

“Umm do you guys speak to them often?” I asked, honestly curious. “Not as much, since they are usually busy with promotions. And we are usually practicing as much as we can. We do want to become famous.” Minhee answered. I nodded my head in understanding. “So... why do you like my oppa?” Cas asked me. “Umm I am not sure myself, his attitude I guess just appealed to me. He seemed like a very down to earth guy from all the interviews and stuff I have seen.” I answered. “We should totally introduce you to the boys.” Heera said smiling like crazy. “Umm hope not anytime soon, I would really like to get started on practicing since you girls are probably way ahead of me now.” I answered. “Oh don't worry, were not doing much at the moment, we are just doing covers of groups for now.” Rin said. “Oh ok, I guess.” I answered,unsure of what to say. “Ok girls, you should be practicing, not being lazy.” I heard our manager, Changsun say as he entered the room, with a bright smile on his face. I quickly took notice how all the girls just smiled back, laughing at his joke. He didn't seem like a super strict person, he seemed relaxed. “Yeah we will get to it... soon” Minhee said as she stood up. Everyone following soon after her, including me. “Ok so I would like you, Eunmi to observe these girls first so you can have an understanding of how they work together.” Changsun, said to me as he pulled me to his side, “That way we can figure out where we can put you as well.” I nodded my head. “Ok girls,its practice time.” He said to the girls as he walked to the stereo and turned it on.

The 4 girls quickly got into formation to practice. They did a couple of covers before Changsun stopped them. “Ok Eunmi, let's see what you got now.” He said as he motioned for the girls to stand next to him. I was left alone in the middle of a huge room, good thing I got over my stage fright years ago. I began to do the same covers the girls had practiced on. Once I was done I heard clapping from my mini audience. I began to laugh once the thought came to my mind, I bowed and thanked them. “I don't believe we will be having too much problem incorporating you into the group. You seem to do fine, don't you agree girls.” Changsun said turning to the girls, they nodded their heads. “Ok now everyone group together I would like to see all 5 of you work together now.” Changsun said to us. He then began to explain the formation we would be taking, since it would be 5 now. Cas was in the middle, to her left was myself and Minhee, then to her right was Rin and Heera. We began to do a couple of covers after everyone's part was distributed to them by Changsun. After a couple more hours of practice we were done.

“Ok girls, everything went smoother today than I expected. You girls deserve a break now.” Changsun said as he began to give a bottle of water to everyone. We all thanked him, in turn as he handed it to us. “So what do you girls think about working with a 5th person now?” Changsun asked. “No complaints here, I believe she did well.” Minhee answered. “I believe, the more the merrier.” Heera answered next smiling brightly. “We don't have a problem here, it's as if she was never a new member and she started with us from the beginning.” Cas answered. “I am glad, I have no problems working with her either.” Rin answered, smiling. “Ok and what about you Eunmi? How do you feel working with a group?” Changsun said looking at me. “I had a lot of fun, and I'm thankful for all your kind words just now.” I answered truthfully. I smiled at everyone on the room. It was my first day here and I felt accepted, I was so happy about that. I felt I could communicate easily with these people and I knew I could rely on them at the end of the day.

Soon Jihoon-shi walked into the room looking for Changsun, he needed to speak to him. Once they left we all stayed in the room talking a bit more. I learned that we all lived in the same floor in the dorms, we each had or own room apparently. We then exchanged numbers, just in case of anything. I was actually happy to have made friends so quickly. I had very few female friends in the states, and that always bothered me. We all were very tired, so we all went to our dorms chatting about anything that would come up. It felt nice to be accepted so quickly into a group, especially since this group has been together for a while now. We soon went separate ways and went to our designated rooms. As soon as I walked in I threw myself on my bed. I was so glad, I couldn't believe I was here. Everything happened so quickly in a way. Maybe that is why I couldn't find an apartment to settle in sooner. I wasn't going to need to settle into one. Maybe my mom was right all those years, we will never be able to truly control our life because there is a greater force guiding us.

I went out into my balcony and looked up at the stars. “Umma, Appa, guess what I made it. I'm here now. Your daughter is very happy now, she only wished you two would be here to see her. At least you didn't leave my completely alone, Jinho-oppa is alive. Thank you for watching down on me.” I said to myself, then I remembered I had to call my brother to tell him the news. I quickly dialed my brother number hoping he was still awake. And as luck would have it, he was. I told him everything that had happened so far, and I also told him that I would probably be more busy now, so I wouldn't be able to call him everyday anymore. He understood, and told me he was proud of me. We quickly ended our conversation after that and I went to sleep. Who knew what tomorrow would bring, all I knew was I was extremely happy. I was finally making my dream come true, I just had to take the little steps first and I would go on from there.