Chapter 12

We Were There

"Mom, I'm going" I told her as I went out of our house. I just walked going to school since it is still early. I passed by a coffee shop to buy a cake for Baekhyun when I saw Luhan inside. 

"Luhan." I called him. He looked surprised but smiled instead.

"Nana, good morning" He said. "Up so early?" 

"I just want to walk" I smiled. 

"And be alone?" He asked. "You always wanted to be alone." 

"Maybe." I laughed. "Well I've been alone since.. he was gone." 

I sat at the table near the door and he sat in front of me. I watched as Luhan drifted on his own thoughts. He is like an angel that heaven sent for people who needs one. 

"Luhan, are you okay?" I asked. "I mean, you always worry about me but I dont know anything about you"

He smiled and gave me a sunflower from the vase near thhe door. "I'm fine and always will be"

"Kyungsoo.." He trailed off. "He told me he confessed to you.. So, you two are together now?"

"I dont know.. really." I looked away. "I'm still figuring it out."

"What else is there to figure out?" Luhan reached for my hand. His hand was cold. "Kyungsoo is a nice guy. It might not look like but he really is." 

I want to give it a try but something or more likely someone is holding me back. 

"You know if I had the chance to say what I want to the girl I like.. I would make sure she would say yes." Luhan said, half-smiling. 

"You like somebody?" I asked, "Do I know her?"

"Yeah. You do." Luhan laughed. "But I dont have the chance anymore. I mean to confess to her." 

"Why?" 

"Just because." Luhan said as he stood up and patted my head. "Let's go and dont forget your cake." 

I watched him go out and wait for me. Luhan is such an angel, I wonder why he's hurting so much. I grabbed Baekhyun's cake and went out.