Accidents Happen, Right?

Love's Fury

There was a small stone bridge just a few blocks away from the KAIST campus. It's been untouched for years since it leads into a wooded area that is known for a hangout spot for criminals. Tonight, two teenagers occupied this quite bridge lit only by two old metallic street lamps. They let the stream beneath them make most of the noise until one decided to speak.

"What happened today? You and Yi Fan seemed so happy just a few days ago."

"We were," Zitao spoke sitting on the bridge floor. "I just don't feel like I'm good enough for him."

"Not good enough? You two have been dating for a long time," Sehun sighed sitting next to his friend. "Why the sudden change."

"I'm disgusting... Yi Fan deserves someone so much better. Someone who hasn't had past like mine."

"What do you mean?"

These two teens have been through a lot in their lives. They have seen things most people will never witness in a lifetime. Sehun felt that seeing his mother murdered in front of him did change him. He hates the world and all of the people in it. People will come and go in his life not even caring how much it hurts him to see them leave. Zitao on the other hand has no hate towards people. He fears them. What could have happened to him that he avoids all contact with people?

"When my mother became pregnant with me, the first thing she did was try to abort me," Zitao began. "It didn't work and she ended up having me at 17. So she gave to some place she thought was an orphanage."

"What she thought?"

"During the day, we'd all go to school or wait to be adopted by a family. But a night everything changed... It wasn't an orphanage anymore."

"I don't understand," Sehun said turning to his friend.

"Men would come in at night and... They would pick what child they wanted to have with or something like that."

"Tao..."

"I know it’s disgusting. One night, Yi Fan came in requesting me for the whole night. When we got to my room I realized he was the boy from school who watched me all day. He told me we were going to sneak out somehow, and we did just that."

"How long ago was this?"

"A little over a year ago," the older teen said scratching his arm. "But can't you see why I don't deserve Yi Fan? I've slept with so many men and have lived a horrible life."

They sat in silence for a few moments. Their heads were leaning against each other and their hands were locked together. All Sehun could think to do to comfort his best friend was hold him like this. Losing his mother seemed a lot less painful than living a life in a place like that. Now he understands why Zitao fears the world around him.

"Let's go to my place," Sehun finally spoke pulling up his friend.

"No. It's best I go home."

"Luhan will make us dinner. I want you to stay with me tonight, okay?"

"Fine. Let's go then..."

][][][][][][][][][]

Luhan stood up on his shaky legs to open the frosted glass front doors. Yi Fan stood behind them with his dark brown eyes worn out from tears. They were red and puffy with pain. Luhan stepped back to lean against the wall for support.

"What the hell happened to you?!"

The loud and booming voice of Yi Fan scared Luhan. He was afraid that another slam to his face was on the way. Sehun had really driven him to a place where he fears when the next push or slam comes. Yi Fan shut the door behind him and walked up Luhan placing his hands on his shoulder.

"I'm not going to hurt you," Yi Fan spoke wiping away the blood on Luhan's lip.

"Sehun was angry with me..."

"So he hit you?"

"...yes. I mean I should have known not to-"

"Stop," Yi Fan interrupted. "Your boyfriend abused you and you are trying to give him an excuse as to why he did that?"

"Don't worry about me. I'll be fine with ice and some rest, but you on the other hand..."

"I know. I don't know what happened with Tao. He just started screaming at me saying I'm so stupid for staying with someone as dirty as him."

"As dirty? Did he cheat on you," Luhan asked nearly falling from feeling so lightheaded.

"Why don't we sit down?"

"No. Don’t worry about me, but why does he think of himself as dirty?"

"He's not. I just feel so alone now..."

Yi Fan grabbed Luhan's waist to try and help keep him from falling. Luhan looked up at him and their noses bumped accidentally. All they could see were each others eyes that were smeared with pain. One has been slammed across the face by someone who he thought he loved, and the other has had half his heart run away from him. Yi Fan felt a million thoughts racing through his brain, but none of them were clear. Should he leave and find Zitao to try and win him back, or should he stay with Luhan to make sure Sehun doesn't hurt him anymore? Without even realizing it, Yi Fan pressed his plump lips up against Luhan's who stood with eyes wide open in shock.

"What the ," Sehun yelled walking into the house.

"Not even one whole day and you've found someone else," Tao cried walking back out the doors.

Luhan pushed Yi Fan off him and signaled to his friend to leave and get Zitao. Sehun slammed the door shut behind Yi Fan and walked up to Luhan. His hands wrapped around the older one's throat and he started to squeeze tight. Anger consumed the young body and he couldn't control himself.

Sehun took his hands off Luhan's neck letting him gasp for air. He walked towards the door biting his lip and tapping his hands against his sides to try and release some anger. Just before Luhan slid down against the wall, Sehun turned around and slammed a closed fist against Luhan's nose.

"Sehun! Stop it," he screamed on the top of his lungs.

"Stop it?! Stop what?! You dirty piece of ! How could cheat on me?!"

"I-I didn't do a thing!"

The small round face of Luhan was slowly being covered with blood. His nose was pouring red liquid all down his soft beige cardigan and all down his neck. Sehun slammed his boyfriend against the wall hearing a large smack of his skull meeting the drywall. Luhan saw nothing but a blurry picture and the bright yellow of Sehun's t-shirt. He could feel throbbing in his face and neck, but there was just too much pain to even fully process. Hands wrapped around his throat again but this time they weren't letting go. With all the strength he could find, Luhan took Sehun's hair between his fingers and threw his face against the wall behind them. He could hear a smashing of the glass candles on the shelf that part of Sehun’s face just connected with. Seeing Sehun hit the floor, Luhan ran out the front doors.

There were all these streets to turn down and places to hide. Luhan just kept going as fast as he could to get away from Sehun. He had never in his life put his hands on someone in a violent way. Leaving to see his boyfriend hit the floor in pain was scaring Luhan and he wanted to go back and see if he was okay. He found a stairwell to a neighboring apartment to sit under. The summer air felt more like a fall breeze, and he shivered wrapping his bloody cardigan tighter around himself. The pain from a possible broken nose, concussion, and throbbing neck was too much for Luhan, and he fell asleep resting his head against the stairs.

"Lulu," he heard Sehun's voice calling.

Luhan lifted his head and saw stars and colors from exhaustion. His stomach growled loudly while he checked the time of his watch. It was one in the morning, and he had fallen asleep at ten. The last time he ate was probably at lunch time. Sehun was still calling for him, and it sounded like he was crying. There were too many fears that he would get beaten again if he saw Sehun, but it wasn't fair for a teenager to be roaming the streets this late.

"Sehun-ah," Luhan called trying to get to his feet.

Within seconds of saying that, Sehun turned the corner with a face that shocked Luhan. His left eye was swollen shut with dark bruising all around it, and his lip rings were bleeding from nearly being ripped out. He fell to his knees crying hysterically grabbing Luhan tight in his arms. They hadn't hugged like this for weeks. Luhan reluctantly wrapped his weak arms around his boyfriend.

"Look what I've done to you," Sehun gasped from crying so hard.

"..."

"I am so sorry for ever hurting you. I promise I won't ever do this again."

Fear held back all the words trapped behind Luhan's lips. If he says anything wrong, Sehun will kill him for sure this time.

"I didn't cheat on you," Luhan said with blank eyes. "Yi Fan kissed me and I didn't kiss back."

"...I shouldn't have reacted that way..."

"I-I don't want to end up like your mother, Sehun. Please don't kill me."

It was in that moment that Sehun saw he was becoming his father. A man who hurt the people he loved, a man who forgot how to control his anger. Sehun let go of his boyfriend and pressed one hand against the cheek he had badly smacked some hours ago. His eyes were filling with tears but he tried to hold them back.

"I will never do this again," he began looking down. "If you want to leave me, I understand. I-I just never realized how terribly I've been treating you since my father sent me those letters. Please forgive me, Luhan."

"I think my nose is broken," Luhan said as if his boyfriend never apologized.

Sehun looked shocked but pulled the older male out from under the stairwell. He let Luhan climb onto his back, piggyback style, and lead them towards the hospital.

 

---

Sorry for the late post! Writing is harder to do in recent days Dx

How are you enjoying the story? :3