Burying the Past

Love's Fury

The sun was long gone by the time Yi Fan had left with Sehun weak in his arms. There was still a dead body in the middle of a brand new home, and Luhan was sitting on the kitchen floor weeping. His shirt was covered in blood of a man he killed. Luhan was a killer. The thought was driving him near insanity and all he could do was cry in regret. Zitao walked over to Luhan who was beginning to gasp between his sobs.

“Lu,” he began. “Please stop crying. I know this is hard right now, but you had to do this. He would have killed Sehun and then you had you not stopped him.”

“I didn’t have to kill him Tao,” Luhan screamed. “I’m going to go to jail and live the rest of my life without Sehun now anyways!”

“Who is going to arrest you? Where is the proof that you killed someone?”

“There’s a dead body right there! That’s enough evidence!”

“I’m going to get rid of the body,” Zitao said grimly. “You need to get yourself together okay? Get into a new change of clothes and give me your old ones.”

“…”

“Now Luhan! We need to clean this place up!”

            Luhan reluctantly got up, walked towards his new room while staring at the dead body. Zitao was walking over to it with a large black garbage bag. Why did he already have a plan to dispose of a corpse already? He was so calm despite the fact that his friend is a murder. Luhan slipped into an oversized egg-shell colored pull-over and poor fitting pants. He stared at himself in the mirror for awhile. The same face he always had looked back at him, but it seemed as if someone was watching him. Maybe it was the police waiting to storm in, or maybe it was the haunting soul of San-hoon.

            When he walked out of his bedroom, the body was gone and Zitao was mopping the blood clean off the floor. It looked as beautiful and new as it had looked before Sehun’s father came in. Luhan moved closer to see a black bag full and close to bursting. There was a smell now forming in the house. A smell something like rotting garbage, or in this case flesh. Zitao put down the mop and grabbed the bag. His eyes looked blank.

“You don’t have to do this,” Luhan sighed seeing the blank face.

“I know how to do this. I’ve…I’ve killed people before. Hiding bodies is second nature to me.”

“What do you mean, Tao? How many people have you killed?”

“I lived in a child ion home. And sometimes some men wouldn’t stop and I was getting close to dying. So I killed them. We were allowed to do that if we felt like we were really close to death. There was a giant furnace in the basement, and we’d throw the bodies in there.”

“You…lived in a-“

“Look I know it was hard, but we need to get rid of this body now.”

“What are we going to do?”

“Burn him,” Zitao said coldly.

            The bag was dragged across the floor and towards the front door. Luhan opened the front door and looked around to see if there was anyone out there. All he could see was a mass amount of trees and the lake. Zitao lifted the bag up and over his shoulders and ran quickly to the tall trees. Luhan followed holding back tears. He not only killed someone, but now he would watch their body burn. After running for almost five minutes, the garbage bag was thrown to the grassy landscape. Zitao fiddled in his pocket for the matches he took from Luhan’s house before they left. He began breaking branches and making what looked like a massive campfire. In the middle the bag was replaced. Suddenly, a fire was growing. Luhan stepped back in horror, but Zitao just grabbed him and hid his face from the scene.

][][][][][][][][][]

            It hasn’t even been twenty-four hours, yet Sehun was back in the hospital. Sure he was “released” three days ago, but he had been there for Luhan until he was released some hours ago. There was a fury burning deep inside the young teen. He knew that right now, Luhan was a wreck because he had killed someone. Now, he had to dispose of some corpse that tried to kill his own son.

            Yi Fan was standing by the dirtied windowed looking out at the bustling city below him. Everyone was living their day just like the last one. Yet somewhere out there, way back behind the tall buildings, and in the wooded area, Zitao and Luhan were busy disposing of San-hoon in whatever way Tao thought was necessary. The nerves we nearly crippling him, and he wanted to leave, but someone had to be here to watch over Sehun. Yi Fan heard a grunting noise and turned around to see the teen pulling out the wires feeding him blood. Sehun wrapped his arm up in some gauze and stood on his feet.

“I can’t sit here for another second,” he said a bit woozy.

“You need that blood Sehun.”

“Look the packet is basically empty. Luhan needs me right now!”

“I get that. But we can’t just leave.”

“Then you stay because I’m going,” Sehun growled.

            Sehun started at Yi Fan intensely. He wanted to get out and save his boyfriend from the horrors unfolding before his eyes. The older male understood that and took the keys out of his pocket and headed towards the door. The nurses in the hallway were too focused on filling out paperwork, or tending to other patients to even notice Sehun and Yi Fan sneaking out right before their eyes. Once the pair got into the elevator, the coast seemed clear and getting to Luhan and Zitao was their number one mission.

            During the car ride, Sehun didn’t say a single word. His mind was imagining different scenarios Luhan can be in. Maybe he was stuck inside a jail cell with the blood of his victim covering his hands, or Zitao had ditched him as soon as Sehun and Yi Fan walked out. Could Luhan still be inside the house with a dead corpse rotting on his floor? The blaring sirens of a police car snapped Sehun out his trance and Yi Fan tried to keep him calm. There was a small possibility that Luhan had been inside that vehicle. Within minutes of seeing the flashing red and blue lights, the two had reached their destination.

            The door was locked and the house was fairly dark. With a loud click of the door being opened with a key, Yi Fan walked in first looking around for Zitao or Luhan. A loud sob came out from behind a closed room, and Sehun ran to it. He slammed the door to his bedroom and then went through another door to see Luhan sitting in the shower fully clothed. The water was pouring down over him and Zitao was trying to calm him down.


“There’s blood all over me,” Luhan cried trying to wipe away any stains.

“Lu… There is nothing on you. Please stop.”

“He’s been like this for a half hour,” Zitao sighed looking at Sehun.

“The police are going to find me. I’m going to be sentenced to death!”

“Nothing is going to happen to you! As long as I’m by your side, no one will ever hurt you again. Do you understand me?”

“…”

“Luhan! Do you understand,” Sehun yelled pulling Luhan close to him by the collar of his shirt.

            The older male just looked at his boyfriend with blank eyes. There was fear spilling out of his light brown eyes in the form of tears and his hands shook violently as Sehun pulled him out the shower. Yi Fan and Zitao left the room to help make some food and tea. It was a grueling process to try and get Luhan out of his soaked clothes. It was like he was a statue, unable to move or help. Sehun slipped him out of his shirt and pants after finding a more comfortable outfit. Luhan assisted in changing into dry boxers, but didn’t help at all with getting anything else on. Once he was dressed, Sehun tucked him in their bed and snuggled him into his chest. Luhan held back so many tears when he looked up into his partner’s eyes.

“I’m so sorry for what I’ve done to your father.”

“You did the right thing, babe. He was about to kill us if you hadn’t stopped him. You saved our lives.”

“It doesn’t feel that way… I don’t want to be caught by the police. Please don’t let them take me away from you Sehun-ah.”

“No one will take you,” Sehun smiled kissing his boyfriend slowly. “I don’t like sharing my hyung.”

            Zitao and Yi Fan came in with warm tea and small finger sandwiches, but all of them didn’t touch the platter. They all snuggled up together in the bed promising that tonight, nothing else would happen. They would all be safe and sheltered from the horrors of the outside world for just a few hours. It didn’t seem like much, but such security and ease allowed Luhan to finally fall asleep after a day of complete exhaustion. Sehun watched him sleep peacefully until he was tired enough to close his eyes. Yi Fan turned to face Tao who was still awake, but barely.

“Thank you for being so brave tonight,” he whispered deeply. “I can’t imagine how hard that must have been for you.”

“Don’t worry about it. It’s nothing I haven’t done before, right?”

“I know, but still… I hope things change now. For all of us. Wo ai ni Zitao.”

“Wo ai ni.”

-------

Sorry for the shorter update and the MASSIVE Luhan pic x.x, but there is a lot coming your way as the final chapter of Love's Fury will be posted soon!! Please look forward to it because I have decided to add a little bonus chapter AND I am working on a trailor for my newest Exo fanfic! It features another couple that I ship (; Hope you are all ready to read a Baekyeol story :P

Hope you enjoyed this chapter ^^