New Friends

Love's Fury

            After returning from their romantic getaway, Sehun and Luhan started to focus much more on spending time together than worrying about studying. Although they were maintaining excellent grades, they wanted to focus on their deepening feelings of love. Love isn’t something either of them are used to. Sure Luhan “loves” his parents because after all, they are the ones who spend their every dime on him. But that is the only reason he cares about them. If they weren’t his family, he wouldn’t dare let people tell him how to live his life.

            Sehun on the other hand has never loved. He’s never had the chance to love his mother until after she was gone. While she was here on earth with him, he’d be mad at her. Why would she just sit there and take the abuse her husband gave her? It wasn’t until after her passing did he realize she took the beatings that Sehun would have gotten. That’s why most of his tattoos are of things she loved the most. Only one of his arms is completely covered in black ink. That whole arm is dedicated to his mother. His neck was also mainly covered in tattoos, but these were for him. It was a way of healing the broken memories of his family.

            One of Luhan’s favorite things to do was look at the art covering his boyfriend’s body. He knew how important each picture meant and how healing it must of felt. He can’t even imagine the reaction Mama would have finding out her perfect son is dating Sehun. Ironically, the second Mama popped up in his head, a ringing sound came from his laptop. It was Luhan’s mother calling on Skype. Sehun made a face like he didn’t want to talk, but Luhan dragged him over to the desk.

“My Luhan,” Mama yelled into the camera. “Look at how handsome you are!”

“Hi Mama. You look as beautiful as always. How is the family?”

“We’re fine sweetheart. Don’t worry about us! Where is your roommate?”

“Hello,” Sehun sighed letting his face appear on the screen.

“O-oh Sehun,” Mama gasped seeing the boy for the first time since her research of him. “You look…well-“

“Mama I don’t mean to make this short, but Sehun and I are going to a study group. Do you mind if we leave and speak another time?”

“I could never keep you from your studies. Work hard boys!”

            Luhan quickly shut the screen looking at Sehun who was biting one of his lip rings. He could tell Sehun was annoyed at Mama. She judged his appearance right away like everyone else does. Luhan grabbed the sides of his boyfriend’s face and kissed his lips softly. Sehun pulled Luhan on top of him on the office chair and they began to begin the passionate dance of tongues. Sehun’s hand traveled underneath the backside of Luhan’s shirt, but the nerves got the better of older one.

“Oh,” Luhan jumped up from nerves. “I met another couple on campus yesterday. I promised them we could meet up.”

“I’d rather stay here and kiss you, but sure. I guess we can go out.”

“We can get back to that later,” he winked.

            It was true that Luhan had met another couple. They too were both males that were dating, and they both happened to be from China. Their names were Yi Fan and Zitao. He met the two at a meeting the college holds monthly for Chinese exchange students. Zitao seemed to be far more nervous than Yi Fan. It was like he was lost or afraid something was going to happen to him. Yi Fan just squeezed his boyfriend's hand tight trying to comfort him. Luhan leaned over and asked if everything was alright, and from there on the three began to chat away.

Today was a double date. Luhan was very excited to introduce his friends to the man who has stolen his heart. Sehun spoke very little Chinese, but he was interested on seeing this couple. Not many people on campus are bold enough to hold the hand of their same-gender partner. He assumed the tall man with blond hair holding a shorter teen was Luhan's friends. They were standing in the main park of the school, yet they managed to find such a quiet spot away from all other people. There were tall green trees shooting up into the sky leaving a cool shaded patch below them. Zitao was the first to notice Sehun and Luhan walking, hands tight around each others waist.

"Luhan," Zitao nervously waved.

"Ah! Ni-hao! It's good to see you both again. This is my boyfriend Sehun!"

Yi Fan looked deep into Sehun's eyes. Perhaps he was shocked that the flower boy Luhan would date someone as unusual as Sehun. They were indeed polar opposites, but Yi Fan shouldn't be staring for so long. Sure people judge this ink-covered teen, but why did this judgment feel so uncomfortable? Zitao noticed the staring and finally got a good look at Sehun.

"Oh wow can I see these," he smiled grabbing Sehun's arm. "These are so nice!"

"You think," Sehun asked shocked.

"Yeah! I've always wanted a tattoo!"

Luhan moved over to Yi Fan to let the two boys talk about the tattoos. He watched Sehun smile and explain why he dedicated so many to his mom, or why he chose to put his favorites on his neck. Yi Fan rested his large hands on the small shoulder of Luhan.

"You know, for someone who you say had a hard life, he sure looks happy."

"He does, doesn't he?"

"I'm worried though. Aren't you afraid he's just going to snap in anger?"

"Yi Fan," Luhan sighed. "I've never had that fear, and I have no reason to."

"I've seen people like that. After all I'm dating someone who lived in a far worse home than Sehun. Zitao snaps all the time."

The two teens looked up at them with titled heads. They heard their names but missed the whole conversation. Luhan was curious as to what Yi Fan meant. Imagining a life worse than Sehun's seemed impossible. Maybe whatever the reason Zitao's life was so horrible has caused him to fear nearly everyone. The pair of couples went on their day by heading to a quiet cafe talking and getting to know each other.

            A thick smell of coffee clenched the air tight inside the cream colored cafe. Small wooden tables held old coffee stains and carving left by customers. Hardly anyone came to this cafe. It was almost like a private getaway for couples or students trying to study late. Zitao and Sehun were becoming friends very quickly even though a small language barrier held back conversation. Yet Yi Fan didn't seem to like Sehun. He just kept watching him and making sure nothing happened to his beloved Zitao.

"Yi Fan," Sehun said looking at the blonde. "Um... I heard you were really good at math. Would you mind helping me with some homework?"

A smile finally wiped across the gorgeous face of Yi Fan. Maybe Sehun isn't as bad as he thinks.

"Sure. Let me see the problem."

Everyone re-arranged their seating positions so the two could study math. Zitao shyly smiled at Luhan as he took out an old book that helped him learn Korean. Luhan thought he should help his young friend while there boyfriends studied. Mama was wrong. It is possible to study, have friends, and love.

 

-----

I am glad to see people are subsribing and reading my story :3 Thank you so much. I'll be trying to update quickly but school and work keep me BUSY!

Please leave comments! I like to hear how everyone feels so far :o