His Past

Love's Fury

           

 There were hundreds of people coming and going inside of this furniture store. Most of them were families trying to figure out what would look best in their homes. The rest were like Luhan and Sehun, two new friends trying to figure out what meets both of their styles in their new dorms, or in this case apartment. Right now they were both enjoying some food in the food court talking about this and that. Luhan stared right into the beautiful brown eyes Sehun had. He was so unbelievably handsome. The feeling Luhan had with his science teacher times a thousand is how Sehun makes him feel.

            It was unusual that every time Luhan tried to ask about Sehun’s family or past life, the topic would get changed. Luhan wanted to see if it was just his parents who had planned his whole life. He wasn’t going to let this topic get avoided anymore.

“So Sehun,” Luhan began taking a bite into his food. “Did your parents want you to go to this college?”

“No. I wanted to prove to my dad I could get into any school no matter how prestigious it is.”

“What about your mom? I’m sure she influenced you a bit.”

“She’s dead,” he said casually with blank eyes.

“I-I’m so sorry. I shouldn’t have asked.”

            How could Sehun say that so casually? As if it doesn’t hurt him at all. His face went from soft and handsome to a person who wears a lifetime of pain. He almost looks angry now. Luhan’s back stiffened and he began to get nervous as Sehun spoke.

“To be honest I should probably say this now before we are officially moved in just in case you want to move out,” he spoken with a hint of anger. “I mean look at me. Why would someone want to be seen with a teenager who has more tattoos than an adult?”

“Sehun, I’m really sorry. I didn’t want to upset you.”

“I grew up with an abusive father. Some nights I didn’t sleep because I was afraid he would come in my room and beat me just because he could. I’d watch him throw my mother against walls and choke her because she forgot that he doesn’t like pepper in his stew. One night he got so mad at her for not making sure I passed my test that he beat her to death. And then he began to hit me but I got away. I ran away because I was afraid he’d kill me next.”

“…I-I…Seh-“

“It’s okay,” he sighed. “I hate my past because of it. And I hate the way I am now because of everything that has happened. If I get upset with something so stupid, I’ll get just as mad as he did. Or I go to the tattoo parlor a few blocks from where I used to live and just get ink covering my body. I’m afraid to be around people because what if I smack someone because they didn’t clean up. It’s not fair…”

“I’m going to be your friend,” Luhan smiled taking Sehun’s hand nervously. “You don’t seem like your father, so I don’t have any reason to worry. And to be honest I like your tattoos and piercings. They look really good on you. We’ll make sure that the time we live together will be the best times of our lives. Promise?”

“I promise, Luhan.”

“Life isn’t always easy, but I’m going to be here now to help you through anything that comes your way. I know we don’t know much about each other, but I’d like you to do the same for me.”

“You know, I have never met someone like you,” Sehun smirked. “I’m starting to really like you, hyung.”

“Don’t call me hyung! You’re making me feel old! Come on let’s get beds or we’re sleeping on the floor tonight.”

            It wasn’t that Luhan would feel old if Sehun called him hyung. That word is too friendly. As far as Luhan knew, hyung was a term used between friends. Sure they’re friends right now, but Luhan wouldn’t mind being more. How could he want such a thing after knowing this stranger for mere hours? This first day in South Korea is like a fairytale, and maybe Luhan has met his prince.