Confessions

Love's Fury

Two Months Later

            It was starting to get a bit chilly in Daejeon. The leaves were changing to delicate oranges and browns, and the grass below slowly dying from frigid temperatures. Luhan and Sehun have grown to each other faster than either can have imagined. With more knowledge of a person comes more feelings, whether they are of hate or love. In the case of these new friends, it was love. Neither spoke of the jitters and butterflies they got when their bodies touched accidently, or how they’d rather stay up all night talking. There was almost nothing Sehun hadn’t told Luhan and vice versa. Since there was a short break coming up in the fall season, Luhan and Sehun planned on going on a road trip.

            They both put money together to rent an RV and drive to some remote country side, a pretty romantic getaway in their eyes. Luhan’s plan was to confess to the younger male that he was starting to have feelings; romantic feelings. There were days where he wanted to wrap his arms around Sehun and tell him everything was going to be alright. He’s never confessed to anyone before. Maybe going to a country side was a bit over the top, but Luhan just wanted to tell his friend in a different way than anyone else.

            Sehun had just finished packing his bag into the white RV when Luhan snuck up behind him and tickled his sides. They both laughed as Sehun returned the tickles but this time to Luhan’s neck. Their noses touched softly while Luhan struggled to break free from tickling fingers, but they stared into each other’s eyes when their lips barley had space between them.

“Are you trying to kiss me, Luhannie,” Sehun whispered flirtatiously.

“No,” he replied pushing Sehun away. “Let’s go I really want to see where we’re going!”

“Can’t we just stay?”

            The younger male wrapped his arms around Luhan. They’ve never flirted so much before. It was as if both knew one of them would confess later today. Luhan was able to slip out from the unusually dominant Sehun and jumped to the driver’s seat.

“Are you in or out?”

“Alright alright. I’m coming, hyung.”

“Don’t call me that!”

“Do you prefer me calling you ‘ge’ then?”

“Sehun!”

“I like when you get mad,” he laughed getting in the passenger seat.

            When they arrived at the country side, both boys stepped out of the RV and stood looking all around them. There were no bright colors here. Everything had a tint of golden brown to it, the sky, the tall grasses and wheat, and even the boys clothing. It was all so perfect. Luhan snuck behind Sehun who was still busy admiring the land around him. He placed a map in Sehun’s back pocket and ran off smiling.

“Hey where are you going,” he shouted feeling a map in his pocket. “Oh gosh what’s this?”

            It was a yellowing piece of parchment paper. This seemed pretty old considering the fading color and the crinkling the paper made. There was writing on it that seemed new, maybe done a few days ago. It was definitely Luhan’s handwriting.

Sehun! You have to come find me somehow. I want to really show you something. I’ll be by the wheat field next to a small stream. Good luck finding me! I know you’re terrible at finding things on your own. I’ll be waiting!

            A wheat field is where Luhan is. That seemed pretty difficult to find since every direction Sehun turned was a small cluster of wheat. On the back of the letter was a hand drawn map. It showed where the RV was parked and how to get to Luhan from there. Sehun smiled at the attempt to help him find his way. He walked quickly, hearing the crunch of grass and rock. The sun was setting so he wanted to find the older male before it was night time.

            There was a soft sound of running water to the right of Sehun. It was barely enough water to be called a stream, but maybe this was what Luhan was talking about. He followed it for several minutes until he could see Luhan’s dark jacket and hat looking up at the sun. He was holding a telescope observing the sky turning to dusk. Sehun stopped just to admire Luhan. His small frame, soft facial features, it all seemed so perfect. This was someone Sehun didn’t want to be without. No one has ever made him feel safer, or ever made him love something so fast. He wasn’t going to go another minute without having Luhan as his boyfriend.

“I found you,” Sehun whispered deeply wrapping his arms around Luhan’s waist.

“O-oh yes you did finally find me,” he spoke nervously.

“Why’d you bring me here? It’s just a bunch of wheat.”

“I wanted to tell you something.”

            An inch or so separated their bodies. Both face to face, almost even nose to nose. Luhan had his hand on the broad shoulders of his younger roommate, while Sehun kept his arms around that small waist.

“I really like our friendship, and it does really mean a lot to me. It’s just that…Well-“

“Don’t be so nervous, hyung.”

“I like you Oh Sehun. I have since the moment I saw you.”

“Really,” he smirked pulling Luhan closer.

“Y-yes. Within these few months I’ve really got to see who you are, and I don’t want to go-“

“Another minute without me…”

"“…yes.”

            Sehun moved his hands off from Luhan’s waist and onto the back of his head. He took one last look at Luhan before he shut his eyes and pulled their faces closer. Their lips began to touch, nervously at first, but then slowly growing with more and more passion. Luhan moved his hands down Sehun’s back and squeezed on to him tight. Their mouths parted slightly, releasing a synchronized dancing of tongues and weeks of tension dying to be broken. They had finally let go of all fears in hopes of seeing if together, they could love.

“Luhannie,” Sehun pulled away still holding his face. “Do you know what you’ve done?”

“…no.”

“You’ve changed me. You’ve made me into someone who isn’t angry at the world, and gives people chances. I am capable of caring about someone so much it hurts. I’ve never been like this before.”

“I’ve never felt like this either Sehun.”

“Good. Tell me one thing. Be mine and only mine? Let me be the one who picks you up when you feel beaten down and broken. I want to be your everything.”

“You already are,” he smiled before kissing Sehun.

            Luhan grabbed Sehun’s hand and they both walked back to the RV hand in hand. Confessing seemed a lot more difficult than it actually was. He was afraid that maybe Sehun didn’t like him in that way. After all, this teenager looked so tough and wore so much pain and suffering. Getting someone like that to love is nearly impossible. Maybe this relationship will blossom even more than it already is. It was a risk Luhan was willing to take.