Music And Lyrics

The Dancer Next Door

It was dawn and Hoon just got finished with his last student of the day. He clears out vocal books on the piano. He then gets his music sheets to use and set them on the piano. Hoon starts playing a Beetoven piece. He puts all of his feelings in each note he plays. While he plays, Ailee peeks through the door. Hoon looks over to see who it is. He stops playing the piano and opens the door.


Ailee P.O.V

While I was about to open the door to Hoon and Christine's place, I heard the piano playing. I decided to open the door a little bit to peek through the door. I peeked through the door, there I saw Hoon on the piano peacefully. I hope he doesn't see me. ! Hoon saw me. I was about to run until Hoon grabbed my wrist and dragged me back to the condo. 

"Hey Ailee what are you doing here?" Hoon asked.

"I was going to visit Christine but I'm assuming that she is not here. Anyways where is she?" I said.

"She is at her date with Aron. You can hang out with me until she comes back"

"Alright" I walked to the couch, set my stuff down and lay down on the couch while Hoon goes back to the piano to play another piece. While Hoon plays the piano, I stated moving my body side to side to the melody and feel the music flowing through me. After he stopped playing, I decided to get up and sit next to Hoon on the piano.

"I used to sing songs all the time on the piano and I would always sing for my family and friends. I would also be singing Christmas carols in the streets and collect money for charity. When I was growing up, I wanted to become a singer but my parents disapprove of my decision" Hoon turned his whole body to face me. He puts his hand on my shoulder and looked me in the eye. Oh crap he is looking at me straight in the eye. C'mon Ailee don't act like your idiot self, mess everything up and ruin your chance. The last time I tried to confess my feelings to Hoon, I ended up having bees chasing after me and it took me forever to recover from the bee stings.

"Well, you can just sing right now" He asked. It has been a long time since I have sang but I guess I can. Hoon played my all time favorite song Almost Is Never Enough. When it's my time to sing, I started singing my heart out.

I'd like to say we gave it a try

I'd like to blame it all on life

Maybe we just weren't right, but that's a lie, that's a lie

And we can deny it as much as we want

But in time our feelings will show

'Cause sooner or later

We'll wonder why we gave up

The truth is everyone knows

Almost, almost is never enough

So close to being in love

If I would have known that you wanted me

The way I wanted you

Then maybe we wouldn't be two worlds apart

But right here in each other arms

Here we almost, we almost knew what love was

But almost is never enough

All of the sudden, Hoon starts singing

If I could change the world overnight

There'd be no such thing as goodbye

You'll be standing right there you were

And we'd get the chance we deserve

Try to deny it as much as you want

But in time our feelings will show

'Cause sooner or later

We'll wonder why we gave up

The truth is everyone knows

We started harmonizing together

Almost, almost is never enough 

So close to being in love

If I would have known that you wanted me (The way I wanted you)

Then maybe we wouldn't be two worlds apart

But right here in each other's arms

And we almost, we almost knew what love was

But almost is never enough

Oh, baby, you know, you know, baby.

Almost, baby, is never enough, baby

You know

And we can deny it as much as we want

But in time our feelings will show

'Cause sooner or later

We'll wonder why we gave up

The truth is everyone knows

Almost, almost is never enough (is never enough, babe)

We were close to being in love (So close)

If I would have known that you wanted me the way I wanted you babe

Then maybe we wouldn't be two worlds apart

But right here in each other's arms

And we almost, we almost knew what love was (Baby)

But almost is never enough

Oh, baby, you know, you know, baby.

Almost is never enough, baby

You know


After Hoon plays the last few notes, Hoon looked at me in the eye. Then Hoon started to lean in. Oh ! Oh ! is he really going to kiss me. It seems to be an awkward time for this to happen to me but I really wanted this. So I waited for his lips to connect with mine until Christine came into the condo.

"Hey guys I'm back" God damn it Christine! Wrong time to be in here. Me and Hoon were still in our current position. Christine looked at us thinking what the hell is going on. 

"Umm am I interrupting something?" Christine asked.

"Oh no, I was about to get ready to go back to my place" I got up and get my stuff.

"Uh okay see you later Ailee" Hoon said.

"See ya at work tomorrow morning" Christine said then I left the condo.

Gosh I was this close and I mean THIS CLOSE to get it! But oh well Hoon will end up forgetting what happened between us and still be in the friend zone.


Finally, I have time to update!:) I hope you guys keep requesting your favorite Kpop idol to appear in this story;) I DO NOT OWN THE SONG THAT IS USED IN THIS CHAPTER. The song's rightful owner is Ariana Grande and The Wanted's Nathan Sykes.

Anyways keep commenting, subscribing, voting and also enjoy!!:)