Korean Ballroom Showdown

The Dancer Next Door

Author's P.O.V

The day has arrived for both Christine and Peniel, its the Korean Ballroom Showdown that is happening in this ballroom.

theregencyballroom_0.jpg

Christine arrived at the place where the pairs are practicing before the competition begins. She found Peniel in another space. Christine goes up to him, she taps on his shoulder. He wouldn't budge for one bit. 

"Peniel c'mon, why won't you talk to me" Christine tried and tried to get him to talk to her but Peniel can't look at her in the eye because it will cause more pain in his heart.

"Look, we need to practice before the competition starts" Peniel said calmly.

"Can you at least talk to me" Christine said. That kind of atmosphere is broken when Chunji and his partner Nana walked by their section. 

"Oh look, if it isn't Peniel and his lovely partner Christine. I hope you lose just like you did the year before that and the year before that." Chunji smirked. Christine couldn't take it anymore so she stood in front of Peniel, going to defend him.

"Look Chunji, I am sick of your crap okay. I am sure we are going to win that damn trophy. You'll see" Christine shouted. Peniel was shocked usually Peniel would be the one who would get Chunji to go away but this time it was Christine.

"Okay, well we'll see about that on the dance floor" Chunji laughed as him and his partner left to go to their section. Peniel walks up to Christine.

"Thanks Christine for doing that for me. That kid has been on my last nerve" Peniel said. Christine turned to him.

"Peniel I'm sorry for what happened last night it was a misunderstanding" Christine said.

Peniel scoffed. "Misunderstanding? I was at the bridge last night to meet you but Aron beat me to it and proposed to you. What happen to the days that we've been going out and what about that night we spent together. When Aron proposed to you, I bet you said yes" Peniel turned his back away from Christine.

"Actually Peniel, when Aron proposed to me, I said no" Peniel turned around to face her with a surprised look on his face. 

"You said no?" Peniel asked.

"Yes I did, because for the past 7 months, even though we weren't on good terms then, you grew on me. I realized that you weren't this flirty Casanova that I thought of you at first. You were this guy who is determine to win a trophy. After that day when you took me out, I saw this other side of you that I've never seen before and I liked it. Every time we rehearse, you always make my heart beat faster. Even looking at you makes my heart beat even faster and that's when I realized...." Christine took Peniel's hands "That I love you" Peniel's eyes became wide, he didn't know what to say. He took a deep breath

"Christine, I've been wanting to tell you ever since last night. Ever since we met, I fell in love with you at first sight that's why I kept flirty with you to hide the fact that I was in love with you. After I discovered your secret, I knew for the fact that you are the perfect one for me." Peniel puts his hand on Christine's cheek and caresses it. 

"I love you too Christine" Christine smiled. Peniel has Christine in his arms, sharing a passionate kiss. Everyone in the practice room, applauded for the couple. After they release from each other, Christine and Peniel grew a little embarrassed. Christine and Peniel looked into each others eyes.

"Now lets win that trophy" That is all of what Peniel said before they head to the ballroom floor.


"Now the competition is going on, this year's competition is really fierce" MC Minhyuk announced.

"Returning champions Chunji and Nana has something pulled up on their sleeves" G.NA announced.

"But wait, our three time champion Peniel has returned with his new partner, Christine Lee replacing his partner Bora came back more fierce than ever" Minhyuk stated. While the judges are taking a seat to the table. Each of the pairs are getting ready for their performances.

"Before we begin before I forget. Since the committee decided to change the rules, in the competition each pair chooses two types of dances of their choice and a type of dance that is their weakness. As usual if each pair successfully pass a round, then the pairs can proceed to the next round, if a pair doesn't pass a round, then the pair will be eliminated in the competition." G.NA said to the audience and national television. 

"Our first pair that will be performing is our returning champions, Chunji and Nana with the instant jive" Minhyuk announced. Chunji and Nana gets into their places.

Chunji and Nana's Instant Jive Routine

"Now lets see what the judges say." Minhyuk said and points to the judges. In the judge panel, one of the judges, Eli spoke. "Chunji and Nana, you guys never disappoint me. your guy's routine is outstanding and I'm just speechless. So I give you guys a 10" Chunji and Nana nodded. The second judge, AJ spoke " I love the energy you two put into in the routine and even though the competition has started, this routine is my favorite. So I give you two a 10." The audience clapped. The third and last judge Min spoke " I love the instant jive, but there is something missing and I couldn't fully grasp it but overall it was a great routine so I would give you guys a 9" The audience clapped as the pair go backstage to prepare for their next routine. While Peniel and Christine gets ready for the routine, Chunji and Nana walked by.

"Good luck beating that score" Chunji and Nana left. 

"Oh that kid is getting on my last nerve!" Peniel gritted his teeth. 

"Don't let him get into you." Christine said.

Peniel lifts Christine's jaw and pecks her lips. "Now, lets impress the judges"

"Performing their contemporary routine, Our three time champion Peniel and his new partner Christine Lee" G.NA announced. Peniel and Christine gets into their places.

Peniel and Christine's Contemporary Routine

Eli got up from his seat and said. "I have to say,this routine is amazing. Even though Bora was injured, you guys managed the routine at a nick of time. I would love to see more so I give you two a 10" Christine and Peniel smiled brightly. It was AJ's turn to judge "I love everything about this routine. Especially when Peniel lifts Christine to the judge panel and leaps off, it was amazing. I'll give you guys a 10" Everyone applauded. Last but not least Min gets to judge. " You guys amaze me, I can see the chemistry you guys have showed in the routine. Are you two dating now" Peniel and Christine nodded. "I can see why, I am going to give you two and 10!" Peniel and Christine earns a applause from the audience, the two hugged and walks back stage.

"Now lets see who gets to go on to the next round" The two MCs said. As the MCs annouce the name of the pairs who get to go on, Peniel gripped on Christine's hand tightly, praying to go on to the next round.

"Chunji and Nana, you two will go on to the next round" Chunji and Nana bowed. The spotlight turns to Peniel and Christine. Hoping for the answer they been waiting for.

"Peniel and Christine, you two will go on to the next round" Christine and Peniel hugged each other.


Round 2 of the competition has flown by really fast. Here are the routines of Christine and Peniel's and Chunji and Nana's 

Chunji and Nana's Foxtrot Routine

Peniel and Christine's Viennese Waltz Routine

Both of the pairs sucessfully pass the 2nd round. Now its the 3rd and final round of the competition.

"Ah, the final round is my favorite." G.NA said. 

"I agree, now this round is where the pairs will be dancing to their challenging routines. We have our two finalist in the competition left. Will Chunji and Nana's routine will impress everyone and claim the trophy once again or Peniel and Christine will dominate and win that trophy. You will find out" Minhyuk said.

"Performing the Tango, here is Chunji and Nana" G.NA and Minhyuk left.

Chunji and Nana's Tango Routine

"Tango is kinda hard, but you two dominate it. 9 its is!" Eli shouted. "You two did great, although you guys seem to kinda lack passion. Tango is the dance of passion and you have to show passion in the routine. I'll also give a 9" AJ said. "Like AJ said, you two are struggling a little bit but I know you guys can do better so I'll give you two a 9" Min said. While Chunji and Nana get back backstage, Christine gets a little nervous.

"Christine, you don't have to be nervous" Peniel said as he tries to calm her down.

"But their routine is really good" Christine said.

"Even though if we don't get that trophy, at least we still have each other" Peniel caresses Christine's cheek.

"Now lets give it our all" Peniel grabs his guitar and the two go on the dance floor.

"Dancing the Paso Doble, here is Peniel and Christine" Both the MCs left.

Peniel and Christine's Paso Doble Routine

"Now that's what I'm talking about...Passion! Even though this type of dance is hard for you Peniel, you and your lovely partner managed to dance with passion. I'll give you two a.........10! Christine kisses Peniel on the cheek. "Like Eli said, I love the routine as well, so a 10 it is" AJ said. "Oh My God, especially the part when you two get to the judge panel and you two face each other with passion in your eyes it was amazing. I wish I have a boyfriend......okay lets get back to business. You two are getting a 10!" Min shouted, fist pumping in the air.

The results are in and the audience are up on their seats waiting for the winner to be announced. The two pairs are lined up on the dance floor. 

"I hope you lose again" Chunji said to Peniel. Peniel didn't pay any attention to Chunji. The two MCs walk to the center of the dance floor.

"Alright, the results are in. Our judges hae made their decision.Who will be the winners of this year's Korean Ballroom Showdown" Peniel and Christine held into each others hand, hoping for the best.

"And the winner of this years Korean Ballroom Showdown is.........." Drumroll plays as everyone is up on their seats. Even Ailee and Hoon are up on their seats, Bora is there also.

"Peniel and Christine!" Everyone gave the two a around of applause as the MCs give the two the trophy. Chunji stood there in disbelief.

"What! That is impossible. I lost for the first time.........." That's all what Chunji said.

Nana walked up to him and gives him a slap across the face.

"Chunji, I quit as your partner because I can't put up with your bull anymore" Nana walks away. 

"Nana, don't leave, I need you!" Chunji follows her. Ailee and Hoon walked up to Christine and Peniel, congratulating them.

"Congrats on winning you two!" Ailee hugged the living hell out of both of them.

"Let go of them Ailee" Hoon commanded.

"Fine" Ailee lets go of them. 

"So you two are dating now?" Hoon asked.

"I guess we are" Christine replied.

"Well me and Hoon are going to the cafe now. See you two around!" Ailee shouted, taking Hoon with her.

"See ya" The both of them waved goodbye.

"So Christine, are you going to keep dancing?" Peniel asked. Christine gets into Peniel's arms.

"As long as I'm with you" Christine smiles

"I love you Christine" Peniel puts his palm on her cheek.

"I love you too" Christine and Peniel share a passionate kiss as the celebration goes on.


One last chapter until the epilogue:) Anyways I will tell you details about my new story. This story will have three UKISS members and an OC. The story also takes place in high school.  You guys can also private message me on which Kpop group of your choice should appear in my story, what clique or gang should the group be in and why? I'm also looking for a coauthor to help me edit the story and help me brainstorm. Here is the form.

Coauthor Application

 Although I'm still debating if the story should have a musical genre or not. Here is a poll for you guys

Stay tuned to the next chapter, I'll try to update soon so that I don't keep you guys hanging!:)