Heartbreaking News

The Dancer Next Door

Christine's P.O.V

Why so much paper work and bills to pay! Ugh! A stack of paper that is on my desk at home in front of my face. Christine, lets get in the zone. I the stereo and play some nice jazz tunes to play while I do the paperwork. Suddenly my phone beeped, I picked up my phone. Oh Peniel texted me I wonder what he wants now.

To: Christine

From: Peniel

Hey, I was wondering if you want to go to the Yeojwacheon Stream with me at 7:30  because I have something to tell you:)

I smiled at the sight of that text. That place reminds me of my first date with Aron. Since I haven't been there in a while, maybe I should go. Just me and Peniel staring at the stream. 

To: Peniel 

From: Christine

Sure, and don't be late or else we're going to have some problems:)

Looks like I have something to do tonight. I was getting excited for my date with Peniel then suddenly another notification. That's weird, I got a text from Aron. Aron didn't even text me the day he got back from America.

To: Christine

From: Oppa <3

Can you meet me in the Yeojwacheon Stream at 7:30. There is something that I've been wanting to ask you.

Great, just great. Both guys wanted to meet me at the same time and place. I wonder what Aron is going to ask me but I'm even more curious of what Peniel is going to tell me but Aron sound serious. He's mostly serious about everything so I don't expect much so I'll just go then there isn't anything much that I can do.

To: Oppa<3

From: Christine

Okay see you there

All I know is that its going to be a hectic night.


Peniel's P.O.V

    Oh ! its 7:20, probably Christine is there already. Somehow I'm kinda nervous because today is that I'm going to tell her that I love her since I gathered up the courage to do so. I ran out of the condo as soon as I can. I walked by a flower shop and I saw this big bouquet of roses. Maybe I should be there a little late so that I can give Christine roses.

I got to the bridge at 7:45. God that line at the flower shop is so long I'm surprised that I made it out alive. Well that's what you get for being in love. I was walking on the bridge trying to find Christine then I saw a strange sight. Christine already there with Aron. Aron is holding Christine's hand. Wait, why is Aron kneeling down on his knees with a box in his hand. Is he proposing to Christine? I clutch the roses hard, thinking of what might have happened if she said yes. My heart was torn into a million pieces, I can't take this pain any longer. What do I do now? I left the roses on the concrete floor and walked away in pain.

~At the Elefante Cafe~

I decided to eat my feelings away with an extra large patbingsu. Next thing I know is that Ailee walked to my table.

"Hey Peniel what would you like?" Ailee smiled.

"Hey Ailee, I didn't know you work here too." I asked.

"I also work here part time"

"Anyways I would like a extra large patbingsu please" Ailee bent down, looked at me strangely.

"Alright spill it, what happened?" My head tilted to the right.

"How do you know?" 

"Well, you're eating an extra patbingsu alone and you look very depressed" Ailee grabbed the nearest chair out of a table and sat down with me. "Now explain" Then I explained what happened at the bridge to Ailee. 

"Aron proposed to Christine! I'm going to cry because my best friend is engaged!" Ailee was getting too excited to the point that everyone is staring at our table. I told her to keep it down

"You're supposed to feel my pain and I don't know if Christine said yes or not" Ailee puts her hand on my shoulder.

"To tell you the truth Peniel, I saw this spark in Christine's eyes when she sees you that I never seen before when you guys rehearse. You guys were meant to be" 

"Ailee, you don't need to fantasize about it, I know she will end up with Aron. Look he has everything. He has money, lawyer degree and he has Christine. Well I do have money and I have three trophies from the Korean Ballroom showdown but I don't have her, that's all I'm missing is her........." My voice drifted away. Ailee pulled my face and has me face her.

"Peniel, don't be such a quitter, You don't know what Christine said to Aron but that doesn't mean that you have to give up on yourself. Look, I'll talk to Christine okay. Oh , I forgot to get you your patbingsu."

"No, its fine I'm not craving for it." I got up and left the cafe. I'll just get ready for the Korean Ballroom Showdown tomorrow.


Christine's P.O.V

I got to the bridge where both Aron and Peniel wanted me to go. Why is Peniel so late its already 7:30 as he is not here. He is the one who arranged us to be here. Then I saw a figure running across the bridge. I walked a few steps and it turns out that it was Aron who showed up. Oh, no Peniel? Aron came up to me, still catching his breath.

"Hey Christine, sorry I was late. my niece wanted me to take her to her ballet class" Aron smiled at me. 

"It's alright, so what is that you've been wanting to tell me?" I asked. Aron looks kind of nervous. He takes a deep breath.

" Christine, we've been dating for 2 years. Within those 2 years, you are like a muse to me" Aron puts his hand on my cheek. "And you always and I mean always make my heart stop every time I see you." Then he kneeled down on his knees. Oh god, he is proposing? He took out a blue box out of his pocket and opened it. He then smiled. 

"Christine, will you marry me?" I'm speechless, I've been waiting for Aron to ask me that since forever. But... I can't, even though Aron is so sweet and caring, somehow I don't feel the same thing about Aron like I'm used to. I just realized that............I love Peniel.

"Um Christine, I want to hear your answer?" I snapped back into reality. I need to tell Aron 

"Aron listen, you're the sweetest guy that I ever met. Even though you were gone a lot for business trips, I'm still okay with it. I know that you are worried about Peniel flirting with me and you would often call me. But even though Peniel annoys me a lot from the past 5 or 7 months, we eventually started to have this chemistry and we eventually build up having a good relationship. That's when I realized that I'm in love with Peniel" I lift my hand up and closed the ring box. Aron got up and puts the ring back into his pocket.

"Christine, I already knew that you're in love with him ever since you started to focus on the competition rather than spending time with me."

"So I guess we can be good friends then?" I asked.

"Yeah" he chuckled.

"So, seeya" Me and Aron then part ways. 

Thanks Aron for understanding me

I was on my way back to the condo until I saw a bouquet of roses on the ground of the bridge. I picked up the roses. they still smell fresh, oh there's a card inside. I'm curious of what the roses are for so I opened the card.

Christine, well how am I supposed to tell you this......okay um ever since I saw you, you just lightened my day. Back then, you were probably thinking I was some ert because I kept flirting with you. But for the past 6 months, I guess we've got a lot closer even though you would often keep bickering about me, it brought us together. When we rehearse our routines, I can always see the passion in your eyes and every time when I dance with you, you make my heart skip a beat. All I wanted to tell you is that I love you

~Peniel

Oh my god, Peniel loves me. ​Wait.......was Peniel here? Oh no, that means he saw Aron proposed to me and he must've misunderstood. I need to tell Peniel that it was a misunderstanding and I need to tell him that I love him. But I can't go straight to his condo because he's probably mad at me now. 


~At the condo~

I finally got back to the condo.  I grabbed a vase out of the cabinet, put the roses in the vase and set them on the dinner vase. I was straightening the vase until a voice startled me.

"Let me guess, you picked up the roses from the ground and decided to to put them on the vase" I turned around and then I saw Ailee, leaning on the door frame.

"Ailee, you startled me. do you need something?" I asked.

"Oh no, I'm just here to tell you how stupid you are for not realizing that Peniel is in love with you." Ailee replied.

"How do you know?"

"Because Peniel stopped by the cafe and I can tell he is depressed because he ordered a extra large patbingsu. He's been wanting to tell you that he loves you but then he saw Aron proposed and it broke him!" Ailee raised her voice. Wow, honestly I never seen her this mad before.

"Well sorry, when Aron proposed to me, I said no because I was so confused but then I realized that I love Peniel and I just found out that he loves me. He's probably mad at me now" I sat down on the couch thinking how stupid I was for not realizing this before.

"What are you going to do now Christine?"

"I don't know now. Since the competition is tomorrow, I can't stress myself out." Next thing you know Ailee slapped me across the face, knocking some sense out of me.

"Christine, you can't give up on yourself, just tell Peniel that it was a misunderstanding and tell him that you love him!"

"Okay okay, gosh you hurt my cheek. you really knocked some sense into me" I rubbed the spot of my cheek where Ailee slapped me.

"Sorry, I guess I got carried away....."

"It's okay, I pretty much deserved it" 

"Oops, I got to go. Oh yeah before I forget, me and Hoon are going to see you two compete tomorrow."

"Alright, thanks for slapping me I guess" Ailee walked out of the door, I walk to the door frame. Ailee turned around while walking the hallway.

" You're welcome, and by the way Peniel and Christine hwighting!" Ailee did her aegyo. 

"Thanks" I waved her goodbye. I closed the door and then slid down to the ground. 7 months already and the competition is tomorrow.

I need to tell him, I hope he understands


Hello my lovelies, its been a long time since I wrote the last chapter. Anyways, the story will be ending in two chapters. I'm sorry for not updating like I promised I would, you can just kill me now. I probably deserve it. I've been really busy lately with everything. The reason why I want to end this story soon because one, this story is a failure TT_TT and two I'm going to start another one that will have a musical genre and it will be about bullying awareness kind of thing but of course don't forget that there will be some romance involved. I'll tell you full details in the next chapter.

Anyways, please comment, subscribe, upvote if you want to because you guys mean so much to me that I will and I mean I will try to update for you guys. If you guys want to know whats going on in the next chapter, all I can tell you is that there will be dancing involved and I already plan on using some videos of DWTS routines for Peniel and Christine's routines and Chunji and Nana's routines.

See you guys in the next chapter:)