Us Against The World

Soosica's : Random Songs One-Shot Collection

 

it's Us Against The World by Westlife

 

Thanks to xAngel101 for the suggestion! ^^

 


 

Dream Concert 2008

 

"I don't want to perform!" 

"No! We don't have any choice. We have to," said the kid leader.

"But, Tae, can't you see what's going on outside? They are against us. All of them," 

"I know. But we can't just quit. We have no choice."

 

"I'm scared," the maknae mumbled amidst the havoc.

 

"Tae is right," the ice princess finally spoke. Being one of the oldest trainees and the second eldest in the group, gave her the authority to voice her opinion and the respect for her to be heard. "We have to go."

 

"But Sica, we are just going to humiliate ourselves out there! Can't you see?!"

 

"It's okay." Jessica looked at the tallest girl as she started to speak. "There's nothing we could do about the fans but we should never run. That would only give them more room and points to break us." Sooyoung said. "I'm with Tae," she pulled the nervous kid leader by her arms and held her close.

"If we're going down, we will go down together. All of us."

Some of the girls started bursting into tears and others were just dead nervous but they gained comfort from each other.

 

"Dont worry, okay? Let's just give it out best, ne?" Sooyoung patted Taeyeon's head and gave her an assuring smile. "I'll go and get some drinks for us before we go on stage, okay?" the tallest announced happily, trying to shake the others' nervousness.

 

Sooyoung walked into the pantry room and closed the door behind her. She opened the fridge and took out specific drinks to match each member's favorite. She was ready to carry the tray out with her before a wave of anxiety washed over her.

Her knees were shaking. Her body started to tremble and the tears started to roll down her cheeks, involuntarily.

 

She was lying to herself. She was never that strong. She was never that brave. She was never that calm.

 

Inside, she was just as scared, just as nervous and just as fragile as the others but there was no way she was going to show that to her members. They needed her right now. Her leader needed her. They all needed her to be strong.

"Choi Sooyoung, hold yourself together. Stay strong," she mumbled to herself, repeating them as if they were a mantra.

 

Suddenly, a warm pair of arms s around her waist and she felt someone leaning against her back. She immediately knew who that person was.

 

"I'm scared too." Slowly, that person turned Sooyoung around to face her. 

Sooyoung looked at the elder girl; tears still streaming down her face; Jessica wiped the tears away with her thumbs as she cupped the younger girl's cheeks.

"Hey, look at me." And Sooyoung obliged.

"I'm scared too. But we will do this together, okay? Just like the very beginning. Okay, Sooyoungie?" 

Sooyoung finally managed to carve a smile on her face and nodded.

"Just like the very beginning and until the very end." Sooyoung pulled the elder girl into a deep hug before returning to the others.

 

 

 

The stadium was dark. It was as if they were performing in an empty stadium. But, God knows, how much they would rather perform in an empty stadium than to perform on stage in front of thousands of haters. 

'WONDER GIRLS! WONDER GIRLS!' they chanted their rivals name. 

 

The girls were crying but still they carried out their performance until the very end. Their voices cracked during their singing and their heads hung low in embarrassment. 

And SONES all over the world cried along with them; hoping and praying that they won't give up.

 

 

 

They stepped off the stage. They ran into their waiting room. They cried. They all did. We all did.

During the black ocean incident, the stadium was not the place that felt dark and hopeless; it was our hearts. 

 

At the dorm, some of the girls were already talking about their future after their disbandment. Some were still crying. But one person was keeping her in silence. 

"Taeyeon." one of the girls called her name. "Aren't you supposed to say something?"

"Yeah. What will happen to us after this?"

"I don't know," she muttered.

 

"You are the leader, Taeyeon. You should know."

 

"I DON'T KNOW! I NEVER ASKED TO BE THE LEADER! STOP PRESSURING ME!" the kid leader stormed off the living room. It wasn't long before they heard the sound of a slamming door from her room.

"I crossed the line, didn't I?" Tiffany said in guilt.

"It's okay. I'll talk to her." Sooyoung said, patting the latter's head. "Everything is going to be okay. Jessica? Can you handle the others while I talk to Tae?"

Jessica nodded and smiled meekly.

 

After awhile, they finally calmed down though the hurt still lingered heavily in their hearts.

They continued their practice as usual but they decide to lay low for awhile.

 

"Sooyoung."

"Um?" The latter hummed in response. She was wrapping her arms around Jessica's shoulders, her eyes were glued to the tv screen.

Jessica lifted her head from Sooyoung's chest to look at the taller girl's face.

"Do you think we can get through this? Do you think we get back to the way we were, before this whole thing?"

Sooyoung glanced at Jessica with a questioning look before looking back at the tv screen.

 

"Yes and no." She answered.

 

Jessica pulled herself slightly away from the girl. "WHY?"

 

Sooyoung chuckled at the elder's reaction before explaining.

"Yes. We are going to get through this. Because we are together, both of us and nine of us. We're unbreakable."

Sooyoung gently pulled Jessica back into her arms.

"But no. We are never going to get back to the way we were because after all these, we have become better. I bet we can take over the world after this."

 

Jessica chuckled as she leaned on the girl's shoulder.

"I won't put my hopes up too high if I were you. I don't think I could go against the whole world." Jessica said.

 

"It's okay. Even if we are going to fall again, I'll always be here to catch you and pull you back up again."

 

 

 

Dream Concert 2013

 

People waited in anticipation for the top girl group in Korea. They are the Nation's Girl Group. They are the Queens of K-Pop. They are Asia's Top Rising Girl Group. And they are the same group that they insulted 5 years ago.

They are...

 

 

SNSD.

 

 

The crowd roared as they got on stage. Their performance was undeniably the best compared to the others. They are almost untouchable. 

People chanted their names and it bounced against every corner of the stadium, creating a beautiful orchestraic resonance. 

SONES were one of the proudest people on earth.

 

It was epic.

 

It was surreal. 

 

And it was real.

 

 

After their performance ended, when they were walking off the stage, Sooyoung trailed closely behind a familiar figure. She trotted so that she could catch up with her.

 

"Sica-yah."

The ice princess slowed down her pace.

 

"Did you see that?" Sooyoung asked excitedly.

 

"Saw what?"

 

"Everything." She replied.

 

"Of course I did. Why?"

 

 

Sooyoung leaned closer and whispered,

"We've won."

 


 

This story is 80% imagination and 20% facts.

But I didn't lie about how sad I was then and how proud I am now with our girls :)

 

Sorry if this one . I seriously think it does :/

I was planning to write an angst at first but I decided not to destroy the good post-concert mood of Indonesian SONES :)

I heard there were some Soosic moments, is it true? 

 

Anyway, thanks again for reading, subscribing and commenting! ^^

Sorry for any errors *bows*

Keep the song suggestions coming, ok? ^^