Let Her Go

Soosica's : Random Songs One-Shot Collection

This time it's Let Her Go - Passenger

Italics are flashbacks


 

"Am I doing the right thing?

Am I doing the right thing?" asked the brunette to herself.

The girl buried her face in her palms.

She let her hands and arms plopped onto her thighs.

Her head hung low and a sigh was heard.

She looked up to the girl on the bed.

 

"Sooyoung..."

She pulled her chair closer.

"Give me another chance. Please?"

 

She nearly fell off her chair when a loud voice broke the silence.

"JESS!" her bestfriend Tiffany came into the room, "How's Soo?" 

"Seriously, Tiffany, you need to learn how to slow down your voice. She's stable now." Jessica replied.

 

"Phew~ That's great." Tiffany threw herself on the empty hospital bed next to Sooyoung's. "Oh, by the way,..." Tiffany continued.

Jessica turned to look at her.

"Kyung Ho oppa is on his flight back. I told him about the accident."

Tiffany saw the change in her friend's expression. Heavy-heartedly, she asked Jessica, though she already knew the answers very well...

"Jess, are you okay?"

 

"Tiff..."

"Yes?"

"Sooyoung might have lost some of her memory."

"WHAT? When did the doctor tell you?"

"Before you came."

Tiffany sighed, her face was masked with sadness. "I guess I'll tell her parents and Kyung Ho oppa later." Suddenly, a hand grabbed her wrist.

"NO!" Jessica exclaimed. "Don't tell him that. Please."

"WHAT? What are you-"

"Remember when Sooyoung said 'love is about fighting for the ones you love'? This is my chance Tiff! This is my ONLY chance!"

 

"WHAT? Jess, you are out of your mind. Snap out of it. Sooyoung moved on, remember?"

"No. I know she still loves me. I'll fight for her."

 

Tiffany held Jessica by her arms and tried to shake her out of her trance.

"JESS, LOOK AT ME! There is no more fight. You hurt her. Remember? YOU are the one who let her go."

"No! I still have a chance! I was-"

"JUNG JESSICA!" Tiffany shouted. "Stop. Please. Stop hurting her. Let her be. She's happy now."

 

"She is just pretending. I kn-"

"Even if she's pretending now,... I know she will be happy later. Jessica, look at me. Look at me!"

 

The brunette looked up. Tears filled her eyes, threatening to fall.

 

"Let her go."

 

 

After a long, heavy silence, Jessica finally spoke.

"Okay."

 

'Tiffany wiped the brunette's tears away and hugged her tightly.

"You're doing the right thing."

 

"But Tiff..."

"Yes?" Tiffany pulled away from the hug.

"Please let me tell Kyung Ho oppa about this. I want to make sure he will not hurt Sooyoung like I did."

Tiffany looked into Jessica's eyes.

"Okay." She held Jessica's hands, "You are doing the right thing."

 

Suddenly, the pink phone rang and the owner picked it up. She talked on the phone.

But for Jessica, all she heard was a bunch of white noises. Her mind was wandering around her own world. She does that often but never before she ever thought about something so important to her; usually it's just a bunch of empty day dreams but now, it's all about Sooyoung and her, and another guy who came into their life. The guy who shot arrows through Sooyoung's heart and a bullet through hers.

 

* * *

"But, Sica. Why are you giving up so easily? Why are you giving up when I am right here still fighting for you? Tell me that you still love me."

"..."

"Jessica!"

"I don't know!"

The silence suffocated both of them. Time stood still. And it felt as if there were invinsible chains binding them, stopping them from moving.

"I don't care." The younger girl croaked. "My love is enough for both of us. I'll fight for you. I'll make you fall in love with me again. I will-"

"Sooyoung. Let me go."

"What?"

"Let's just be friends, okay?"

 

"Bull."

* * *

"Jess... JESS!"

"Yes!" Jessica was snapped back to reality.

"Kyung Ho oppa just texted me. He said he will arrive here in 10 minutes. I have to go now because Taeyeon and I have some recordings to do."

Jessica nodded.

"Hey... Take care okay?" Tiffany pulled her bestfriend into a hug. "Stay strong and be happy for her. That's the best thing you can do for her."

 

Tiffany walked to the door.

But before she walked out, she turned to Jessica and said, "Jess... Remember what you said to Soo... 'Love is letting go.' Hold on to your words. Okay?" and she walked out.

 

Jessica watched as the door slowly shut and the room turned silent again. Just the faint sound of breaths filling the air.

Hers and her love's.

 

"Sorry Tiff."

 

-the next day-

 

Jessica was woken up by a low grunt/ She lifted her head up when she felt a hand holding hers. 

"Sooyoung?"

Sooyoung replied it with a faint smile.

"Hi."

 

"Do- Do you remember me?" Jessica asked, anticipating a thousand possible answers.

Sooyoung nodded. She cupped the older girl's cheek, "You looked pale. Sorry to trouble you, Sica."

 

"Does she remember that guy?" Jessica thought to herself, scared that her plan might turn disastrous.

 

"Sica? Sica-chu?~ You okay?"

 

"What did you call me, Soo?" Jessica asked the younger girl.

"Ummm... Sica... chu?"

 

"Who am I?"

"ummmmm...

 

My... girlfriend? 

Right?"

 

Jessica smiled. 

She leaned and kissed the taller girl on her lips. Deep. Leaving the girl dazed by the sudden action.

She pulled back and hugged Sooyoung.

"I'm glad you're back!"

 

A few seconds later. a knock was heard on the door.

The other girls came to visit their sister and their attention were all on the now concious and smiling Sooyoung. 

Except one person. The person's focus was not on Sooyoung but on Jessica.

 

Sensing the threat, Jessica slowly pulled the one girl out for some privacy of their own.

 

"What the , Jess?"

" 'What the ' what?"

"Since when do you get so good at making and telling stories- no. Lies to people?"

"I don't lie!"

"Then what the is yesterday?"

 

 

"The doctor said she had a selective memory loss. Her brain chose to forget the events and people that have hurt her before. It's like they are trying to defend her from being hurt. So, she forgot about the accident. And You. She forgot about you, Kyung Ho oppa."

"I want to see her. Let me explain it to her."

"NO! I won't let you hurt her again. Go away. Before I take any actions."

"What? Are you threatening me, Jessica Jung?"

"It depends."

He grabbed her neck.

"What can you do."

 

"I won't do anything. 

 

But the media will." A smirked was carved on the ice princess' face and her eyes - as if they were telling the aftermath of every plan she had in her mind. "Never mess with Jessica Jung, tough guy." 

He released his grip. His face turned pale.

 

"Now scurry away. Before she wakes up."

The ice princess walked away before turning back and said.

"Oh! And I always get what I want. Always."

And she resumed her steps.

 

 

"Tiffany, it's either you're with me or shut up."

"That's not even an option!"

 

"I know." said the ice princess. "Now, smile and be happy for both of us." 

"But Jess. You're fighting for the love that you threw away before! That's not fair for both of them."

 

 

"Tiffany. Nothing is fair in LOVE and war"

 

 


HI! :)

I seriously think my writing skills are getting very rusty now.

But still, Thanks for waiting.

Thanks for subscribing AND waiting.

 

AND!

Don't forget to comment :)

Till then, 

Hana.