Permanent

Soosica's : Random Songs One-Shot Collection

It's Permanent by David Cook. I highly recommend you guys to listen to it, perhaps while reading?

Seriously! Listen to it!

 


 

 

A figure was sitting on a chair next to a hospital bed, holding to a hand and caressing it gentle with her thumbs. Her face was emotionless. The light from her eyes were dimmed, portraying nothing else but sadness. She was snapped out from her trance when the person she was holding to slightly writhed in pain. The latter's forehead creased and beads of sweat started to form on it. She took the towel hung by the bed and gently wiped them away, never taking her eyes off the sleeping girl. God knows what was playing in her mind.

The girl was still sleeping but her breathing was heavier now.

 

God.

Why can't this happen to someone else. Someone who has been bad enough in their life; a murderer, a , someone. Someone who never thought of you before they go to sleep.

This person, right here, she prayed to you every single night before she sleeps and every single morning after she wakes up. So, why her?

She took care of her family and volunteered to help those in need.

She thanked You every single second she lived.

 

She loved me more than anyone else could.

 

She was swallowing a lump down and holding back her tears from falling.

 

If this is inevitable.

Please let me take her pain away. 

Or let me take her place instead.

 

I can't live without her, Dear God.

 

Why would you place someone so precious in my life, just to snatch it away from me?

 

She hung her head low. Her hands were still holding tightly to the weaker one.

 

- - - - - - - - -

 

7 years ago

 

"YAH! LEAVE HER ALONE!" A girl shouted to another group of girls.

"GO AWAY JESSICA! Or you want us to beat the crap out of you too."

 

Jessica diverted her gaze towards a figure who was kneeling in the group's circle, before looking at the group leader again.

"Oh. You should try that." Jessica said. "And we shall see what will I give you as a return."

 

The leader grunted in annoyance before strutting off the scene and her minions followed after.

 

When they were far enough from the scene, Jessica quickly turned her attention back to Sooyoung who was still crying on the ground.

"Hey." She lifted the latter's head with her hands to meet her eyes. She shied away at first, still aghast from the previous happening. "Sooyoungie, it's me. Don't worry." Slowly she lifted her head up and pulled the older girl into a hug. 

"Stop crying now," Jessica rubbed the crying girl's back. 

Later, they sat on a bench, enjoying their sundaes. 

"You are so tall and somehow, a little bit manly, Sooyoungie. But why are you so vulnerable?" Jessica asked, looking at the shikshin who was enjoying her second sundae cone.

"I don't like to fight people so, I don't really fight for myself. I only fight for the people I love."

"How is that even possible?" Jessica asked in disbelief. 

"I don't like to hurt others. That's it." Sooyoung flashed the brightest smile to still-in-disbelief Jessica.

"Okay. Whatever." Jessica surrendered. "But, at least, try not to cry so much, okay?"

"Why? Crying is good." 

"No. It's not. It makes you weak and it tells people that you are. Promise me, you'll stop crying so much."

 

"Nope."

"WHAT?"

"I don't think I can promise you that. But I can promise that I won't cry in front of you."

"... well... Okay... Good enough, I guess."

 

"But Jessica."

"Um?"

 

"I know you hate crying but if you ever feel like crying, please let me stay beside you?"

"Ummm... I don't know. I don't think I would ever cry."

Sooyoung pouted and glared at the blonde beside her.

 

 

5 years ago

 

"IS SHE OKAY?" Jessica grabbed Soojin by her shoulders.

 

"Yeah. She just regained her conciousness awhile ago."

"Then, why are you here?"

"Her drugs wore off. And..." 

Suddenly, a scream broke their chat.

"Sooyoungie!"

 

Jessica ran towards the curtains, ready to barge in when a strained voice stopped her. "No! Don't!" Jessica was drawn back. Sobs trailed along the strained voice. "Don't come in. Not yet. "

 

"WHY?"

 

"Because I'm crying."

 

"Is it too painful?" Jessica asked.

 

"I'm not weak." Sooyoung said with a weaker tone.

 

 Soon after, the nurses opened the curtains and Jessica saw a sleeping Sooyoung with trails of dried tears staining her cheeks.

 

"We gave her a stronger dose of painkiller so, she will be sleeping for awhile." The doctor explained.

 

"Thank you doctor." Soojin said. She held onto Jessica's shoulder. "The accident was bad. We are so close to losing her."

 

Jessica just stared at the sleeping girl.

 

"I'm just glad we didn't."

 

 

2 years ago

 

The 21-year old young lady, walked out of the doctor's office, slightly bowing before closing the door.

 

"So, how is it?" Jessica asked her.

 

Sooyoung couldn't bring herself to look up. Her gaze was fixed to the ground.

 

"Soo?"

 

"Let's go and eat something. I'm starving!" She faked a cheerful tone and a heavy smile but her eyes were glistening. 

She held Jessica's wrist and started walking before the blonde girl pulled her hand away, releasing it from the taller girl's grip.

 

"TELL ME!" Jessica exclaimed, staring directly into Sooyoung's eyes.

 

After a few eternal seconds, Sooyoung finally muttered, "It's a cancerous tumor. It's bad and it's malignant." Her lips quivered and trembled.

She turned her back against Jessica and started to walk away before she was stopped by a backhug. 

 

Jessica rested her head against the taller girl's back. She felt the girl's body trembled and tears were falling on her hands.

"We'll go through this together."

 

They stayed unmoved for awhile. Sooyoung's sobs were filling the hallway. Jessica never let go of her hug.

When the sobs subsided,  Jessica mumbled against her back, "Now let's get you something to eat. And we'll do whatever you want, okay?"

 

"Nothing wil change, okay?"

 

Sooyoung nodded, her hands were busy wiping the tears off her face. 

 

 

"How can you stay so strong, Sica?"

 

"Because I have you, pabo."

 

 

Present

 

Beeps and the sound of working life support machines filled the room. 

Jessica was still holding onto Sooyoung's hand, immersed in her prayers. She was so deep into her prayers that she didn't realize Sooyoung was staring at her.

 

"Sica-yah~" she called out with the very little strength she had left.

 

Jessica looked up and leaned closer. "Hey~"

 

"You are not sleeping, aren't you?" Sooyoung giggled before she flinched in pain.

"Hey. Save your energy. Don't waste them off by teasing me." Jessica smiled. Her tears were still threatening to fall.

 

"It's not a waste if it can make you smile." Sooyoung muttered. Her thumb was caressing the latter's hands.

 

Jessica looked at Sooyoung for a little longer before she dropped her gaze to the floor. She rested her forehead against her hands that were still holding tightly onto Sooyoung's.

 

"Sica-yah~" Sooyoung called out.

 

"Sica."

 

 

"Stupid." Jessica finally replied. 

Sooyoung began to cry when she felt that her hand was soaked by her lover's tears.

 

"Sorry, Sooyeon-ah~ I guess I can't help but to break my promise for the last time." She slightly choked.

 

"Stupid." Jessica moved and sat on the bed. She hugged Sooyoung. She placed her head on Sooyoung's chest and listened closely to her heartbeat.

"Don't say that."

 

"I'm so weak." Sooyoung mumbled in between her sobs. She could feel Jessica's warm tears wetting her chest.

 

"No, you're not."

 

"Stay strong, Sica-yah," she placed her hands on the girl's head and it lovingly. "I'll always be with you."

 

"Then, stay. Nothing will change."

 

 

"I love you."

 

 

Slowly, the stopped. Her heartbeat slowly fainted before it came into a dead silence. Her warmth slowly crept away from her body. 

 

 

"Sooyoung-ah..." Jessica called out. She was scared to lift her head. She was even more scared to move.

 

 

Because when she finally did, she saw Sooyoung's hands falling lifelessly off her. She saw Sooyoung's eyes, firmly shut, sleeping serenely. She saw the familiar trails of dried tears staining her cheeks.

 

 

 

Her tears finally fell freely from her eyes. 

 

But sadly,

 

Sooyoung was no longer there beside her.

 

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

Did you listen to the song?

Sorry if the story is a bit confusing though and I'm sorry for any errors.

 

BTW

Do you have any song suggestions?

I won't say it's a request because I might not write about it. But I would love to listen to your songs!

So, if you have them, please drop them in the comment box, k? Along your comments for the story too. hehe ^^

 

Thanks for subscribing and commenting.