If You Ever Come Back

Soosica's : Random Songs One-Shot Collection

It's from my favorite band The Script - If You Ever Come Back

 


 

 

“Sit here,” Tiffany instructed.

Sooyoung was eyeing everyone with confusion on her face but never questioning Tiffany’s instruction. “Did I do something wrong again?” she blurted as she sat herself down on the single seater sofa. She looked at her favorite maknae and raised her eyebrows, demanding for any clues from her. Yoona pouted and pointed to the others with her eyes while shrugging her shoulders.

“We need to talk, unnie.” said the other maknae.

 

‘We need to talk’ is never a good sign for any conversation.

 

Sooyoung was tensing up; with all eyes on her, she kept on trying to recall what could she do wrong, before she remembered a few things, ‘but they weren’t that serious though’ she thought to herself.

She just stared back at the others, noticing how Tiffany and Seohyun were sending signals at each other, perhaps on who’s gonna lead the conversation.

“I didn’t eat everything in the fridge. They were about to get expired. So I just help to clean things up.” Sooyoung blurted, cracking under the pressure.

 

“No, it’s not about that Sooyoung. This is actually about-,” Yuri responded, before realizing the girl’s confession, “-Wait. YOU DID WHAT?”

“This is actually about Jessica,” Tiffany immediately took over Yuri’s trail.

 

It has been awhile since the last mention the name of the former member openly in front of ALL the members. Usually they would talk about it separately, avoiding a few members that are still hurt from all that has happened. Ah. Girls and friendships.

 

Hearing that, Sooyoung took a breather and calmed down almost immediately. Her hands were on her chest, calming down her still drumming heart.

“I swear to God, all this pressure is so unnecessary,” she sighed. “What about her?”

 

“This is more about you, unnie,” Seohyun stated. “We already talked about this before, right? And you said you already moved on.”

“We did and, I’m okay and I moved on,” Sooyoung repeated the statement.

“Then, why do you still request for nine mics for every performance?” Yuri asked.

“And update our schedule in the SoShi9 chat group?” Hyoyeon added.

“And separating cucumbers from all the dishes everytime you cook or order?” Yuri again.

“Or-“

 

“OKAY.” Sooyoung cut Hyoyeon off. “I got it. I get your point.” She sighed before answering, “I’ve moved on, okay? I don’t cry before our performances anymore?”

 

“But you still called for Jessica whenever we are getting ready.”

 

“And asking her parts when we are recording new songs.”

 

“O. KAY. Guys, listen. I’ve moved on. I realized that she has her solo career now. I’m just so used to having her around. It’s not that easy for you guys too. And don’t tell me that I’m wrong.”

The other members were quietly agreeing Sooyoung’s statement.

“Plus, most of us are okay with her now, it’s just we cannot be public about it because that’s what the company asked us to do.”

 

“YOU are okay with her and saying that on behalf of us,” Taeyeon added.

“Oh, come on, Taeyeonnie. You know Jessica. She would always blurt things out first before thinking. And that stubbornness is her trademark. We’ve lived for years together. Can’t you just let it go?” Sooyoung consoled the kid leader.

“We are still a bit hurt, unnie. Honestly.” Yoona revealed, “Maybe, we are not as forgiving as you are.”

 

Sooyoung stopped when she saw the gloominess in everyone’s faces. She sighed.

Maybe she’s being too selfish.

“If you’ve moved on, why do you keep on doing these things, Sooyoung?” Hyoyeon asked.

 

Sooyoung kept quiet.

 

“Even if we are, finally, really, really okay, things won’t be the same, Sooyoung.” Tiffany interrupted, earning nods from most of them. “We will be friends. Always. But never the same thing again.”

 

Sooyoung looked down in disappointment.

She never really likes to argue about anything especially with her loved ones.

“So,” she spoke, “what do you want me to do then?”

 

“Stop requesting for extras – mics, chairs, drinks, food packs-“

“Extra food packs is okay,” Yoona interrupted Tiffany, winking at Sooyoung.

Sooyoung replied with a wink and her trademark pointing.

“Fine. Stop separating the choreo to 8 and 9. It confuses me.” Tiffany resumed.

“But you’re naturally bad at dancing,” Hyoyeon pointed out.

“Even when You Just Wanna Dance,” Yuri added.

 

“YAH!”

 

“That’s why I came up with ‘Why?’” Taeyeon added.

 

“YAH!”

 

“That’s why I wrote ‘What do I do?’” Sooyoung joined.

 

“YAH! STOP LAUGHING AT MY SOLO!”

 

“Sorry~ Sorry~” Sooyoung was quick to apologize. “What else?”

“Let me sleep in your bed!” Hyoyeon chirped.

“No. That will never happen.” Sooyoung flatly answered. “Others?”

 

“We’ll point them out when we see it,” Seohyun suggested.

 

Sooyoung nodded. “I need to go now. My filming schedule has been brought forward.” She got up from her seat and gestured for a hug. “Can I please have a huge hug from my girls?”

 

Taeyeon jumped out her chair and hugged her tummy like a little kid before the others crushed her in between, earning a few shouts and shoves.

“I’m sorry for doing those thing, babies. You know how much I love all of you.”

 

While everyone continued their night as usual, Sooyoung picked up her bag and made her way to the door. “I’m going now!~ Wish me luck!” She shouted to the main hall. She got herself a few ‘good luck’s and ‘we love you’s from the girls.

“Oh!” Tiffany exclaimed in realization, “Sooyoung!”

 

“Um?”

 

“You didn’t leave that key under the doormat for Jessica, right?”

 

Sooyoung looked at Tiffany for awhile before shaking her head.

“Nope. It’s for me.”

She smiled when Tiffany flashed her eye smile and blurted the cutest ‘Okay!’ and hopped back to the main hall.

 

She mumbled to herself while making her way out.

That is for me.

 

 

Just in case.

If she ever comes back.

And she smiled.

 


 

Oh Look! An update! Finally.

 

Leave your comments coz I miss you (and soo)