Chapter 9

SMITTEN
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nine

 

Baekhyun paced back and forth. He was feeling nervous as to what happened to jinlei at the party. the night was still young when they left the party and he didn't want to tell luhan the real reason why they left. A part of it was because he didn't want Luhan to be a stupid that he ois and leave the party to put shame on his family name. That was Baekhyun being concerned. And the other one was that he didn't want Luhan to know that Jinlei collapsed because of him. Yes he was that selfish. 

If only his selfishness could help Jinlei in her state right now, he would have fight to be the most selfish creature in the entire universe right now.

He sighed as he stared at Jinlei who was now sleeping peacefully in the hospital bed. It had been a couple of hours ago since the doctor left with her blood sample with him and Baekhyun thinks that the doctor would come any moment now with the result in his hands. 

The boy hoped that it was nothing serious. Because if it was. he would never forget Luhan for neglecting Jinlei when it was his responsibility to be with her throughtout the days that they were together.

Dr. Park came in with the results. He smiled softly at Baekhyun.

"Please calm yourself. The baby and Ms. Jinlei are alright".

the baby? what baby? 

Baekhyun was baffled by the new information that he didn't even notice when the doctor left the room.

 

✻ ✻ ✻

Jin Lei

I could feel the gentle rays of sunlight in my face and it awakened me from my deep slumber. My body however felt heavy due to sthe drugs they had injected me with.

Struggling, I sat up. however a pair of arms helped and supported me up. I looked up to see baekhyun's worried face. I couldn't help but smile upon seeing my savior.

"Hi.. thank you". still smiling I managed to sigh a sigh of relief as I looked around the hospital room. it had to be a private room and I was so sure of it

When I glanced at Baekhyun he was still worried and it was evident in the frown in his prety face. i bit back a pout as I waved a hand in front of him.

"Hey aren't you happy that i'm doing well now?"

"I am.. Jinlei.. I am happy that nothing happened to you and the baby" Baekhyun sighed as he held my hand.

Baby? My eyes widened as I quickly placed a hand in my stomach. I had lately been feeling a little off and I was having strange cravings. but til now I didn't realize that I may be pregnant. tears quickly flodded my vision. THere could only be one father and it was the man that despised me more than he despise himself.

"Don't cry Jinlei.. we will get through this. I won't leave you I promise". Baekhyun gently embraced Jinlei.

For Jinlei it was a bestfriend's hug offering her comfort so she succumbed and returned the Hug,for baekhyun it was the hug of a desperate fool who was still chasing for her love even when he knows that from the start he had already lost the fight. But for the man staring outside Jinlkei's room. It

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter