Chapter 14

SMITTEN
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Fourteen 

"I called you here, to let you know that you don't need to be beside Luhan anymore." Tiffany stared at Jinlei  without batting an eyelash as soon as the latter arrived. Jinlei surprisingly didn't flinch but instead she looked back into Tiffany's eyes with detrmination and fight for the first time. She places a hand atop her still flat belly but she could feel that the life within her responded to the touch, her precious ray of sunlight gave her the strength she needed in order to hold her ground against the woman whom Luhan was inlove with. If only Luhan knew who she really was, jinlei wondered for a moment if he would still look at Tiffany with his usual loving gaze.

Tiffany almost glared at her but instead she tried her best to muster up a bitter smile before mimicking the action that Jinlei did.

"I am pregnant and Luhan is the father, he loves me and you're just a tool. Can't you see it? He doesn't need you in his life. We don't need you. Nobody does maybe except for that rebound loving Byun Baekhyun who currently is your knight in shining armor." She finishes with a wicked chuckle and for a moment, Jinlei blinked. Confused with so much information coming from the other female.

"You're pregnant too... With Luhan's child.." She utters before breaking their eye contact, making Tiffany's wicked grin become wider as she proudly caressed her stomach. 

"Yes I am....this is my win Lu Jinlei, know your place and stop being an obstacle for me and Luhan." She says making Jinlei almost feel nauseated.

"I....I don't know what to say to make you feel better Tiffany. I can't leave Luhan's side. I also have a duty to both of our families." She reasoned pathetically, too afraid to admit her true feelings towards Luhan up to this point. 

"So the only thing that's important right now is you? how selfish and pathetic." Tiffany spat, bitterness lacing her voice as she too started showing her vulnerability. Being maybe too desperate to remove Jinlei out of her and Luhan's way,

"If I wasn't pregnant, I would have conceded Tiffany.... I can't give up Luhan and being his wife right now. This is my duty." She tried to sound firm in which she just failed almost miserably at.

Tiffany stood up, all the pretention was gone by this point, she glared at jinlei, showing her true colors.

"Selfish , you will regret this." And with those poisonous words she walked out of the garden leaving Jinlei alone and broken as she proped her elbow on the table and rested her chin on her hands. Her glassy eyes stared at the breautiful roses blankly. Tiffany is like a rose she thought. She maybe beautiful but under all of those are thorns that are painful. However, Jinlei couldn't blame her, not only did Jinlei destroy Luhan's happiness the moment they were wedded to each other. She also took away Tiffany's. She couldn't forget the guilt and now it haunted her ten tmes more than it did before.

Jinlei left the rose garden half an hour later, only to skip classes and just return to the mansion, even then she didn't want to be attended to or seen by anyone. This worried the servants especially the maids that were the closest to her. 

----

"Luhan.... I'm pregnant. You're the father," Tiffany said, Luhan was with her the whole afternoon after the confrontation in the garden, she wanted to surprise Luhan but it waas best to catch him off guard to see what his real reaction was. 

But what she saw wasn't the expression the wanted to see. He looked confused and distance. Painfully reminding her of Jinlei back in the garden when they talked. She despised the fact that the couple showed similar reactions it was as if they were thinking the same thing.

"I---- I'm the father?" He asked as if he wasn't sure. As if he weren't happy with the news.

He was supposed to be happy hearing it from her. Happy that the woman he was supposed to be in love with is bearing her child but somehow Luhan cannot take it. Deep inside of him he felt wrong and did not want to admit to him being the father of the child until Tiffany opened her lips once again.

"I told Jinlei earlier, we secretly met in the University's garden." She says with a grin on her face as she casually sat down on Luhan's lap like she usually does only this time Luhan flinched,almost as if he wanted her off him.

"I will take responsibility." Luhn replies, not wanting to hold her or lean on her all of a sudden as one name, one face and one person alone was in his mind.

Tiffany's eyes brightened like a precious gem it almost twinnkled as she siled happily. "Are you going to get a divorce and marry me instead? We'll have our family Luhan, like you always wanted." She said, revisiting the days when indeed Luhan wanted to escape all his responsibilities and just run away with her. But those days were over. He had a family now, he can't be selfish anymore. One thing Luhan learned was responsibilities and that he should face them.

"No Tiffany I can't do that. I will be the father to your son. I will be there every step of the way but things aren't how they used to. We grew up. I realized my responsibilities.... I.. I can't leave her." He answers making Tiffany jolt up from his lap. A look of disbelief in her face as his thoughful eyes meet her. That's when she understood what's wrong with him. Because the moment their eyes met once again. his eyes lacked love. Those beautiful hazel eyes that would only look at her with love were now replaced with a foreign gaze. It was as if they were strangers once again.

"So you're choosing her. You decided to throw me away. Me and my baby. OUR baby..Luhan.. what happened." She desperately places her hands on either sides of his cheeks and seeked answers within his eyes that she used to read very easily.

"It's not like that Tiffany it's just that...." Tiffany cut him off with a slap across his cheek and with tears running down her beautiful cold facade. She doesn't admit defeat even though it's alreaddy clear that she had lost the war. She leaves without a word, expecting Luhan to chase her but he doesn't, making her cry even more.

----

The next morning Jin Lei haven't even officially set foot into the school grounds when she was already met with nasty looks from the female socialites who never btohered to do anything in their free time but to bring despair and hardship unto someone else's life.

"What a ." a certain fake blonde said, not even bothering to whisper as if wanting jinlie to hear.

"Such a indeed." the brunette who obviously had a implant commented. Although the way she put her uniform is way different than how modest jinlei was.

She chose to ignore them thinking that it was the usual insult that she is used to. Not knowing that she's in for an extra hard day in the private university. Luckily Sohee greeted her the moment she walked into class, the latter's squishy cheeks she adored greeted her first thing in the morning. "Jinlei-yah!!" She exclaims before running towards Jinlei and hugging her, JInlei hugged in return befor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter