Chapter 2

SMITTEN
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Two

 

It was a cold and chilly evening, Jinlei thanked all the gods out there because she could finally rest. She laid on her bed reminiscing of todays events and she couldn’t help but smile inspite of Luhan’s carelessness.

“Baek-Hyun” she mumbled as she stared at her reflection on the mirror. The girl wore a simple white sleeping gown. Jinlei brushes her hair and the girl in the mirror imitates her. Loneliness crept upon her as she thought of Luhan. Normal couples would be cuddled up at this time of the night and how she wished that he would cuddle with her. Five years passed yet they were in the same state. Jinlei saw a tear escape from the girl in the mirror. She quickly moved her hand to wipe the stray tear that escaped her blue orbs.

 

✻✻✻

Luhan’s phone beeped and he checked it, heart beating fast, he was half expecting that it was Tiffany, he glanced at it and a wide smile spread across his face. The message reads: “Yeobo it’s cold can you please accompany me for tonight? My parents are out”. The message drove his hormones frenzy, upon wearing his outside clothes, Luhan dashed out of his house and purposefully noted the maid that he was heading to tiffany’s to tease the hell out of Jinlei.

“Where did your master go?” She already knew the answer to her question but still, she asked the maids.

“To Tiffany’s young mistress”. The maid politely answered,

“What would you want for dinner ma’am?” the other asked her but she kindly refused. She lied about having dinner outside and just made her way to their room.

Loneliness struck her, for 5 years, Luhan made sure Jinlei feel this. And yet despite him literally pushing her away Jinlei stayed, she was still blinded for her love. She continued to picture that one day she and Luhan would actually have a happy ever after. His smiles were however made for someone else.

“Eh!? You’re sending min over!?” Jinlei’s voice was filled with disbelief as she screamed at the caller.

“Why? I’m busy at the moment and it’s just for a few weeks, besides. She wants to see you. She’s already lost her mom. You’re the only one she has. Please don’t let her down, I promise she’ll be a good girl”.

“Fine! But only for a few weeks eo?” she spat

“neh” he said and dropped the call

Jinlei smiled and pouted at he same time. She was definitely happy about the thought of Min, her neice coming over to spend time with her but the thought of luhan reacting to it wasn’t pleasant at all. She’s scared that Luhan would scream at the innocent kid and order her to return Min immediately. She didn’t want Min to be stressed. Min already had a lot to deal with. Her mother, Jinlei’s unnie—Mei died upon giving birth to Min and after that Min was left to her Dad Oh Sehun also a rich businessman to be taken care of. Jinlei knows how Sehun loved min but the love of a mother Is something a growing child must experience before life strips all the innocence away. But what’s with the sudden set up? She was used to Sehun sending min over for Christmas vacations but the semester has only just started and it definitely wasn’t Christmas yet.

The next day, Jinlei opened her eyes with difficulty and once she managed to do so, she had been surprised to find them puffy. Since when have she cried in sleep? Confusion took over as she made her morning routine.The dream was hazy and she couldn’t find the reason why she cried in her sleep. This was the first time that this happened to her so she was stunned. Jin then went out of the shower to put on some clothe and managed to fix herself completely hiding the fact that she cried in her sleep.

(JINLEI P.O.V)       

Yawning, I made my way to the bathroom to take a cold shower. The water cascades over my head to my feet, I ached to be touch

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter