Chapter 3

SMITTEN
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Three

 

Classes resumed after another hour and Jin saw no trace of Sohee, she haven’t  got her number so yeah no communication and the only one she could talk to was Baek. The thought of having a friend brightened her day up a bit. And the worry about Luhan was completely forgotten until classes were over. Ecstatic happiness poured out from jinlei’s body as she walked out of the laboratory. Never had she felt this freedom without worrying for anything before. The happy smile faded from her lips once she saw a very pissed off Luhan. Clearly, he had a ty day.

“What took you so long?” there was coldness in his voice and Jin swore that it made the hair on her nape stand. She checked her watch and she indeed came out late but Luhan wouldn’t usually wait for her and she found it weird.

“The prof. made us do some experiments. I’m sorry” she softly said hoping that it didn’t add up to his bad aura. Jinlei waited for his answer but instead of getting one, he just gripped her wrist tightly and dragged her out of the capus. Several students spotted them and it embarrassed her. Luhan clearly enjoyed the hurt look on her that Jinlei had to bow her head to not let her so called husband stare at her mockingly.

Luhan stared at Jinlei like she was some property that he wants to keep only for himself. He felt weird that he was possessive over someone that he didn’t want to do anything with.

“Mom and Dad will be here tonight for dinner.” He beamed at her, trying to keep his calm.Jinlei was happy deep inside, given the fact that tey will have to “act” like a happy couple to show that they were perfectly fine even if they weren’t. it was the only time that Luhan looked and treated her as a woman. A “wife” that he loves.

“Arasseo” she replied in her usual soft voice. Minimal words was her policy since she didn’t knew how to talk to him properly. She was too scared that he would snap back at her and tell her to shut up. But the Luhan raised an eyebrow and was shocked yet somehow angry because he wasn’t satisfied with Jinlei’s soft minimal replies.

“Aren’t you happy that we’re gonna act again?” his voice was filled with sarcasm that carried so much cockiness that it scared Sora.

“The car stopped for what felt like forever. It was the longest trip back home. Or as Jin thought it was. She didn’t reply to luhan’s babble since she didn’t know what to say.

“Jinlei washed and showered, put on light make up and decided to wear a sleeveless top with a peterpan collar tucked inside a pleated skirt and simple platforms. She looked nowhere near her age. The effortlessness of her beauty showed even without the make up. That was what made her attractive. Elegant without even trying to.

Luhan was already in the living room when she went out of her own; they slept in different rooms on a normal days and would only use the master bedroom, when luhan felt like taking her. Jinlei didn’t have a say in anything, she would just agree and comply and the maids knew this. They felt bad and sorry for her, though that wouldn’t do her any good either. She was a broken doll. Five years was enough to break her.

Jinlei noticed Luhan’s expression. Luhan seemed confused their gazes met. She stared at him blankly as he stared back with a frown in those beautiful doe eyes of his. She looked down being the first one to break their stare. Jin spotted the piano and then sat infront of it. It had been a while since she last played with it and it had unpleasant memories. Luhan hated it whenever she plays and she was gonna try again this time. Hoping that Luhan would find it nice and annoying. She started out slow and then lost in her own melodic world, Jin became unaware that he enjoyed it too. Though he wasn’t showing it. Jin’s music brought comfort to his troubled thoughts.

Finally, their parents came and the show began. Luhan wrapped his arm around her waist, she on the other hand found it unusual. Usually, they would held hands and put as much distance. Luahn never went too close to her.

“Annyeong hashimn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter