Chapter 6

SMITTEN
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Six

 

Outfits, Jinlei and Sohee needed outfits. Days passed like a blur and they found themselves  cramming and looking for last minute dresses. It was a masquerade ball and they needed gowns and appropriate masks for the occasion. Jinlei didn’t know where to look for one but Sohee definitely wasn’t very innocent at all. From the cheapest to the highest costing, Sohee knew all of those. And so they ended up having Sore feet after their one day assault on the shops. One minute Sohee wanted a gown then the moment she saw another one she shifts choices. Jinlei on the other hand was having difficulties finding a dress that would fit her. Simplicity was her thing but Sohee insisted that if she wanted people to look at her differently then she might as well look for a dress that would capture all the elite’s attention. A gown fit for a Lu lady, like what Sohee said.

“Jinjin-ah! I found The DRESS”. Sohee was clutching a baby pink gown with the Victorian-esque feel to it. Complete with the ribbons and laces. This gown definitely falls into the Lolita category. Jinlei knew that Sohee had a flare for cute things and that this definitely was a dress fit for her cute look. The petite girl then got lost in one of the changing rooms so jinlei found herself alone inside the last shop in Seoul. This was also one of the most expensive shops in the vicinity.

As much as possible, Jin didn’t want to spend much on her gown. Sure she had the money for it. A black card is on her wallet and for years, she hadn’t touched it since she didn’t have had the reason to. No was definitely the time to baptize it. Sighing, she started to hunt for a dress. Avoiding the white gowns that were definitely attracting her was hard but as Sohee said. She wanted to come prepared.

“Miss? Do you have umm a gown fit for a masquerade ball? One that is definitely not Lolita style”. She politely asked the lady on the reception area who smiled and looked at her.

“Of course ma’am let me show you some that would definitely fit you. Subtle yet modern and stylish” she smiled once again as she walked Jinlei to the section where the gown galleries are. These are definitely gowns that actresses would wear in red carpet events. Jinlei was having second thoughts about this but decided against her own will.

“This looks like a fitting gown to a Lu”. The woman who led her into the gallery said as she pulled out the most captivating gown in the rack. Jinlei’s mouth automatically gaped not at the gown. But at the receptionist. She didn’t know how the lady knew Jinlei.

“H-how did you know that I am a Lu?” she said, her voice slightly quivering.

“I know you are a Lu ma’am because this branch belongs to your company. Your sister, our young Mistress runs this place and she often talks about you”. Jinlei’s mouth even got wider because the fact that her little sister, Aya was know an apiring entrepreneur under the Lu company. She would sometimes forget this but now, she was mesmerized to finally see her sister’s collection.

Despite the amazement, jinlei jolted back to reality and politely told the receptionist that she wanted the dress. It was perfect. Or so she thought it was. She didn’t know how Sohee was gonna react with it but she handed her black credit card for swiping anyways.

Gown was one thing and shoes and accessories plus the mask was another one. There they were searching for the perfect pair of shoes that would highlight their outfits. Every should be well planned if Jinlei wanted for HIM to notice her even once. It was a good thing that Sohee was there for her throughout the stressful hunt. They were like diligent star scouts whio were looking and searching for their treasure. They went through various stores. Sohee would always be taken aback when Jinlei admitted that she didn’t knew what stores Sohee was directing her to. She didn’t need to explain though. Her life was simple. She would ask for clothes and the maids would deliver it to her. She didn’t need to go out and shop herself. Luhan didn’t allow her to. She was trapped in the same routine everyday. Repeating every detail in her miserable life until only just recently that things changed between them. It seemed that everything went from boring to colorful after she transferred to the school.

 

Friday the 13th arrived sooner than expected and Jinlei was already being prepped by a team called by Sohee. She was more surprised to know that the Ahns owned a mansion similar to them. The only difference was that the Ahn’s preferred to keep it simple and that the masters were very close with the maids. Here they were all smiles. Everyone including Sohee’s parents who were also business tycoons had very pleasant attitude. So this is what a happy family is. Jinlei thought as she went inside the mansion earlier that day.

they were stranded in Sohee’s room for almost three hours already but they were gardly done. Jinlei tho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter