Chapter 5

SMITTEN
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Five

 

The next day, Jinlei woke up with an empty space beside her. She was used to this scenario but she was surprised at her own reaction. Jin wanted to believe that everything that happened last night was just a dream to avoid further damage in her irreparable heart.

“Young master ordered us to make sure you eat your breakfast”. The head maid said with a smile. A smile that wasn’t forced or even pity spiked. It was genuine and sincere. She found it weird. Maybe Luhan really wanted her to eat breakfast properly and he really ordered the maid to make sure of that. The mere fact that Luhan had the tiniest bit of corncern for her lightened her morning up a bit. She happily ate and went to school, ordering the maids to take good cake of Min while she was gone and explain to the little girl that she needs to attend school for a day. It worried Jin that min will be a crying mess but as much as she wanted to stay with her niece, she got school to attend to.

Jinlei happily hopped into the school gates with a smile plastered on her face. A smile that was soon wiped out when she saw Luhan with Tiffany in front of one of the classrooms, Luhan’s arms were wrapped around Tiffany’s waist and they looked happy. Normal happy, she couldn’t help but despise the fact that he became a sweet and caring dad yesterday and now he looked as if nothing had happened. Jin knew that what Luhan is doing was wrong. That having an affair while they’re married is a sin. But she couldn’t help letting Luhan do as he please. It’s the only thing she can do so she can see him smile even from afar. Even if the smile wasn’t meant for her. That’s the deal with Jinlei. She Loved Luhan too much that she’s already hurting herself without even knowing it.

Then everything went black. Jin found herself blindfolded by soft and slender fingers that couldn’t belong to the person hshe wanted to see right now. It might sound bad but Jinlei needed Bakehyun’s comforting words and encouraging smiles at the moment. She knew to herself that she didn’t love him. But she couyldn’t help but want to run to him whenever things are turning to be hard for her. Baekhyun was a guy with similar interests, personality and characteristic with jinlei. Sometimes she would even ask herself if she hadn’t met Luhan and fell in love with him, she’d probably end up with baek and things would’ve been easy. She would’ve been happy being with a man who won’t hurt her. But destiny can be a sometimes. Here she was stuck in the middle of a relationship based only on [apers and anger. She wanted to stop but she couldn’t too late she was already inlove with a guy that would continuously break her heart.

“guess who”. The voice said with a light giggle that jinlei was familiar with.

“Sohee ah!” she faked delight upon successfully guessing who the mystery person is.

“Missed me?, Mianhe I was busy apprenticing at father’s company that I had to take a few days off from school.” Sohee giggled once more and let go of jin so they were standing and facing each other.

“There’s no day-off at school”. Jin furrowed her brows making Sohee laugh at her innocence.

“Of course there is. Welcome to Shinhwa University my dear where all the daughters and sons of business tycoon attend. Where day-off is given to enable the student to take apprenticeship on their family businesses. However,jinlei didn’t need to apprentice in her company. She knew everything that is there to it. But that isn’t the point. It’s because she’s married with luhan that Luhan suffered the burden of running two companies at once. The sole purpose of Jinlei in Lu’s household was to bear grandchildren that would continue their business dynasty. Meaning she isn’t entitled to do any work since she needs to focus on being the good wife that she is trying to live up to. Sometise, Jinlei wanted to help out. Be it by simply delivering the documents that luhan needed or even making the company’s proposals for Luhan when he didn’t have the time but Luhan always cut her off saying that he can do all the work. Someti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter