Chapter 13

SMITTEN
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Thirteen

 

"I don't dislike you...I realized that." Luhan says as their lips parted. He pecks the tip of Jinlei's nose. Though the girl wasn't used by Luhan's gentleness. She smiles as if she was expecting it. A warm sensation spreads through her body, a sudden feeling of giddiness washed over her. Seeing Luhan smile like that, she couldnt help but return it.

"I know it's too late. But will you at least let me be a father to Hanjin?" he says. Jinlei frowns and thinks about what he was talking about at first but then she comes to realize that it was the life that was growing inside her. Luhan called the baby "Hanjin". A name that was fit for either a girl or a boy. 

"That's silly Luhan, of course you will be a father to Hanjin...and I like the name." She says before playing with the tips of her hair due to the awward silence that enveloped both of them. For sometime now, she has been thinking about the future. 

How the baby would grow up, if he or she will look like Luhan or her, if the baby will either have Luhan's gentle eyes that once looked at her disdainfully. Or his beautiful lips that once spoke ill of her. One thing was for sure though, the baby is going to grow up with love from both of his/her parents. Jinlei wasn't hoping for Luhan's love or for him to even return only the slightest amount of her feelings. The only thing she hoped for now was that Luhan despite the things that happened between them in the past five years would actually love their child.

"Now I can sleep peacefully," Luhan chuckles lightly before laying on the bed as if it was th emost common thing for him to do. Jinlei on the ther hand was yet to get used to the unusual kind behavior of the latter. Not that she was complaining but yes she still find it rather odd.

Her light footsteps were unheard and Luhan realized that she joined him in bed. The bed dipped and it was the only reason that Luhan knew that she was beside him. His body moved of it's own accord. With only the lamp illuminating a small portion of the room, he couldnt see jinlei's surprised face as he moved his head and rested it gently on her stomach.

"y-yah~ you wont be able to feel the baby since it's not yet that time." Jinlei explains,thanking the faint light for not letting her flushed face show. The girl imagined that she would be as red as a ripe tomato.

But luhan just chuckled,followed by a slight snort.

"I know...i just want to say goodnight to baby...baby-ah~ I'm daddy Luhan. I will be taking care of you." He smiles and gently pecked jinlei's tummy before moving back to his original position. "Rest now jin." he says gently before pecking her forehead too. "Goodnight." Luhan says.

She wanted to say goodnight back but her eyelids felt too heavy.

 

The next day was like the other day when Luhan was acting surprisingly good to her. But Jinlei feared that her pregnancy already spread throughout the academy.

And she was right, a soon as they arrived at the academy grounds, people didn't sto staring at her like she was carrying some disease, everyone made way for her and she could hear most of them whispering to one another "......" but her ears shut everything out. She wanted to convinc herself that after this suffering, she would finally find her peace and be contented with the man she loves as things between them had been getting slightly better recently.

 

She was thankfully thatin the wake o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter