Chapter 12

SMITTEN
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Twelve

 

 

Night falls and Baekhyun drops Jinlei back to her beautiful prison also known as Luhan's mansion. The girl assumed that Luhan wasn't around that he was with his lover again. Somewhat she should be used to the empty feeling by now but the life inside her tummy made her emotions be off balanced.

"I'll see you in school princess~" Baekhyun smiles as he pulled Jinlei into a gentle embrace in which Jinlei mistakes for as a friendly hug. Her arms wrapped around his torso as she smiled before pulling away.

"Thank you for today~" Jinlei whispered ans she pulls away, smiling ever so sincerely and brightly towards Baekhyun who thought the embrace meant something else.

"It's a knight's duty to keep the princess entertained." Baekhyun chuckles as he ruffled Jinlei's ghair making the petite girl pout and attempt to fix her hair.

And while all the parting ceremonies are being said, there's one lonely fellow watching in the distance, fists curled up in frustration. Luhan was frustrated at how Jinlei could genuinely smile towards the others. Her smiles had once belong to him but as he remembers more vivid memories of them together, her smile seemed to vanish. Replaced by a tear stained look.

 

* * *

"I see you have returned." Luhan wished that his voice sounded sarcastic but unfortunately it failed, the statement sounded more pleading and a bit desoerate to confirm that she was really back.

"Yes..." Jinlei says rather enthusiastically, she couldnt help but feel glad that Luhan was around tonight. Ever since she learned that she was pregnant, Luhan's presence seemed to calm her and make her feel bright in his own unique way.

"Are you not going anywhere?" Jinlei asks, a hint of fear in her voice, she looks down as if knowing her place.

"N-no... you want me to go?" Luhan answers and asks a question at the same time. Jinlei looks up and shakes her head gently.

"It's just...I'm not used to you being here. at night." She almost whispers the last two words.

Luhan couldn't help but feel stupid at his own mistakes. Hesitantly, he reaches to pat Jinlei's head it was the least thing he could do, a geture closest to apologies for the moment.

"I'm..really so-" It was as if it's hard for him to swallow his pride and apologize but if he doesnt say it sooner or later, then he'll lose the courage to man up to his mistakes.

"I'm really sorry for treating you like from the very beginning of this marriage." He finally says it and as if those words held magic, Luhan felt unexplainably lighter.

And more to his surprise, Jinlei smiles genuinely for the second time.

"Thank you," She says before hesitantly walking up to him and hugging him as if it was normal for them when in fact it doesn't. If anything this was their first hug. Jinlei for the first time felt that she fit perfectly under Luhan's lean build. His arms were strong yet gentle this time. It was as if she was something precious that he couldnt afford to hurt her.

After an awkward while, Luhan lets her go. Jinlei apparently lost the ability to speak for the moment. She shyly retreated to their room to freshen up and prepa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter