Best Friends

Love Again

"So, where are we going?" you asked Jonghyun curiously while you both walked down a pathway. Jonghyun just smiled but didn't reply, making you even more curious. "Oppa, why aren't you answering me?" you squinted your eyes at him, giving him the 'you-better-tell-me' face. He looked at you and laughed, "Why so curious hmm? ~I'm so curious yeahh~!!" he started singing, just to annoy you. You slapped his shoulder while laughing at his childish-ness. "Yah oppa! Tell meeee!"

"Okay, okay." he surrenderred. "No where special. Just our usual cafe spot." 

"Jjinjja?" you squinted again. "Ne.." he answered. You looked at him confused, "Then why didn't you want to tell me at first?"

Jonghyun giggled, "Just wanted to see your reaction." he replied and turned infront, focusing on the pathway you both were following. You looked at him and silently smiled to yourself without him noticing.

At the cafe, you and Jonghyun ordered the same food and coffee. Like always.

He gave a tired sigh while leaning back on his chair. "Gawd I need some time out!" You raised an eyebrow at him. "Explain please." He he straightened his position and leaned towards you. "SHINee's releasing a new album soon. We're starting work next week and trust me, its going to be 5 months of lack of sleep and hard work."

"But you just finished your promotions for your last album. You guys didn't even get to rest properly." You said in disbelief. Jonghyun just leaned back on his chair while raising both eyebrows casually, as if he was saying 'i-know-but-theres-no-choice'. "This is the life of an idol" he said, "no such thing as holidays and rest." Then he looked at you, "You should enjoy your trainee days. Once you debut, you're gonna be very busy. Whats worse is that your going solo." 

You scoffed at him, "Yeah, thanks for that advice. I don't want to regret becoming a trainee in SM okay. Don't scare me. So what's this new album about anyway?" 

"Not sure yet. We're gonna discuss about it tommorow." He explained. "I'm pretty sure Kibum is going to suggest some horror theme this time." You frowned in confusion. "Of all the themes in the world, why horror?" You asked while a waitress brought your orders.

"He's been watching plenty of horror shows nowadays. Plus, a few other groups did some creepy themes like Vixx and Beast. He thinks its 'cool'." Jonghyun said with a teasing hand gesture. "I just know Kibum too well." He smiled proudly, making you roll your eyes.

Time passed by in the cafe while you and Jonghyun continued talking about the new album, gossiping about the other members, and making silly jokes to each other. After finishing your coffee, Jonghyun pays the bill and you both leave the cafe. Still talking non-stop about various of topics, you both decide to take the long way to your apartment. 

"You know, I am old enough to walk myself back to my apartment." You suddnely said amusingly. "Yeah right" he sneered at you. "You'll be too scared to even step out of your apartment." 

You squinted, "and why is that?" 

"Because, you are a little girl, and I am your bodyguard" Jonghyun said while tapping his hand on your head and ruffling your hair teasingly. "Without me, you'll be too afraid to go anywhere." He started laughing. "Yah, oppa! Thats not true! I'm not scared!" You scolded. Jonghyun just kept laughing at you.

"Well at least I'm not afraid of being short." You mumbled with a smirk on your face. You looked at him because he stopped laughing. 'Bingo!' You thought. Now it was his turn to squint his eyes at you. "Yah! Your still shorter than me."

You started laughing loudly. You don't usually get to see Jonghyun get teased, because he's the one who is always teasing people. "Yah, stop it!" He looked at you while you still laughed. "Why are you laughing so much?" He squinted at you. You calmed down and looked at him back smiling. 

"Oppa, do you want ice cream?" You offered as you noticed an ice cream shop nearby. He nodded. 

After a long walk back, you both finally reached your apartment. You quickly finished your ice cream. "Thanks for the lunch oppa. Today was fun." You waved at him. 

"No problem. See you tommorow." He waved back. 

You entered your room and fell on the bed while giving out a big sigh. Sometimes you still couldn't believe that Jonghyun, in fact SHINee's Kim Jonghyun, is your closest friend in SM Entertainment. You used to have a very close friend before you entered SM. He was a very nice friend, but ever since you met Jonghyun, he started avoiding you. Then you thought about the other SHINee members. They have no idea that you used to be a huge Shawol before you met them. You smiled to yourself. They also don't know that you secretly have a huge crush on Jonghyun. 

With that, you quickly get up and go to the bathroom to have a good shower.