Trouble

Love Again

"Jonghyun-ah! Get serious here. Act your age." His hyung scolded. Jonghyun rolled his eyes as he clicked the buttons on the tv remote lazily. Onew snatched the remote from him. "Yah! Listen to me Jonghyun."

"What do you want me to do?" Jonghyun rose from the couch, annoyed. 

"Talk to him."

"No."

"Yah. How long are you two going to fight? Go talk to him."

"Why should I? He's the trouble maker!" Jonghyun argued, snatching back the remote control. "I'm not talking to that..that..that desperate crazy nut head!"

Onew shook his head, switching off the tv to get Jonghyun's full attention. "Come on Jong. Your the elder guy. Act like an elder guy." A grunt came out from the younger's mouth. "Hyung, he's probably going to start another fight. I'm done with him. He's stupid."

"Listen, you gotta be more understanding towards him. We're all a family, you can't just ignore each other like this. It's going to ruin our reputation and our career as SHINee. Talk to him. Be nice. Let him know that you two need each other."

"I don't need him." Jonghyun scoffed making his hyung let out a sigh before hitting is head. "Oww. What was that for?" He whined at Onew. 

"Go. Go talk to him."

 

Jonghyun's POV

I growled before getting up and walking towards my room. I hate how hyung always tried to make us talk to each other like this. And I hate even more how I share the same room with this stupid nut head. I knocked the door gently while trying to give myself a mind set that I was going to be nice.

He opened the door, then frowned when he saw my face. Yeah, I could frown harder than that!

"Can't I come into my OWN room?" I asked, trying my best not to sound too harsh. He opened the door wider to let me in, then grabbed his phone from the bedside table and made his way out of the room.

"Yah." I called, not wanting him to leave. He stopped. "Where are you going?" I asked. He didn't answer, but he moved to close the door.

"Yah. Wait." He stopped again, still not turning around. "D.. Don't go." I hesitated, not wanting to sound like I'm in love with him. I mean, that would be so disgusting.

"I heard your conversation with Onew hyung just now. I don't want to talk either, so don't bother." He spoke eerily to me. 

"Well at least pretend to talk to me then. So that hyung doesn't nag again." I pleaded, pushing in all my ego underneath my stomach. The last thing I wanted to do was plead. He stood silent for a while before stepping backwards and closing the door infront of him. Then he turned around to me. "Fine, lets talk."

I stared at him as if he said 'the building next door just collapsed' while he sat down on his bed and looked at me, waiting for my respond.

"Uh.. Yeah, okay." I blurted before looking down to think of what to say. "Well, uh, does your face still hurt?" I asked. I'm supposed to solve things between us right?

"It's not that bad. But I gotta say, you've got a strong fist." He replied with a small grin. Woah, was that a compliment? "Don't get any ideas though. I'm not gonna apologise, you deserved it." I quickly said jokingly while putting both my hands up. He smiled and looked down again, silent. I too just kept quiet.

"I..really hate you, hyung." He suddenly spoke as I looked up at him. "I really hate you so much. Because.. You're so lucky." He looked up at me with watered eyes. What was I supposed to do now? I'm not very good with pep talk. "Uhh.." I hesitated.

"It's not fair that she chooses you over me, hyung." He confessed. "I'm so jealous of you. It.. It makes me go insane." He started ruffling his hair and scratching head in frustration as I watched. "Why doesn't she love me?"

"Minho-ah.." I put my hand on his shoulder as he started to release tears. Damn, I felt bad for him. "I.. I don't want you to feel this way. I really wish I could make you feel better."

"Then let me have her." He said with desperation in his words. My eyes grew wide. What the hell? He looked at me and my expression before smiling sinisterly. "You wouldn't, wouldn't you?" I went speechless.

"It's not like she would let that happen either." He continued while wiping his tears off his face. "She loves you, hyung. I know that."

"Then why won't you leave her?" I asked instinctively. I guess I just had to ask.

"I don't.. I really don't know." He answered. "Every time I see her.. I.. I can't control myself." His eyes looked at me pleadingly, as if he needed my help. I felt so bad. I mean, it wasn't his fault he was in love. I sighed deeply and placed my hand on his shoulder again. "I'm sorry.." I muttered sadly.

"No, hyung. I'm sorry." He muttered back before letting out a deep sigh. "I.. I have to learn to accept the fact that.. That I'm never going to get her."

 

Author's POV

Jonghyun stared at his younger for a moment when suddenly his phone beside them vibrated. The both of them looked at the name flashed on the screen. A message from you. A smirk formed on Minho's face as he patted Jonghyun's shoulder and got up to walk to the door. 

"Take care of her." He warned before leaving the room. Jonghyun just kept his eyes on the door as it closed, thinking of the words Minho said moments ago. He felt bad. Then he picked up his phone and opened the message.

Jagiya: I'm done with practice. You free? :)

A smile formed on his lips while reading the text.

Jonghyun: Yeah, I'll see you in ten minutes. ;D

You opened your message and read your boyfriend's reply. Quickly, you grab your things from your practise room and hurry out the door. "Someone's in a rush.' You hear Taemin tease you from inside the room. 

"Someone's got a date." You winked back and walked out.