Truth

Love Again

"You didn't hear? Last night Taemin and Minho had an argument." 

"Don't we all always argue?" Jonghyun scoffed.

"Yes. But this time, Minho actually hit our maknae. Like, punched him!" 

"You serious?! Why?" He asked with widened eyes.

"I don't know. Didn't really get that part of the story."

"Yah, Kibum. Don't you always know ALL the gossips?" Jonghyun asked.

"Yeah, and its just a matter of time till I find out why."

You walked into the cafe, just in time to see Jonghyun and Key inside chatting about something. You felt like somebody hit your chest the moment you noticed Jonghyun look at you. 'Damn.' You thought. 

You walked over to their table, trying to ignore the feeling that hit you every time you took a step closer. Just as you were about to sit down, Jonghyun got up. As expected.

"I..uh..I'm going back to talk to Onew." He excused himself and left, without even acknowleging your presence. Key just nodded and then turned to you. "Hey." You smiled back. "Hey."

"I wonder why Jonghyun would want to see Onew hyung now." He muttered to himself. "Maybe it's to ask about why Minho hit Taemin.." 

"Minho what?" You asked in shock. 

 

Taemin's POV

"Ughhh.." I groaned while pressing an icebag on my cheek. Damn, Minho hyung has a really strong fist. This cheek needed more than just an icebag to cure it. I put it down and walked to the kitchen, hoping to find some pain killers. 

"Here." A hand popped out from behind me carrying a small package. "I got you banana milk." I turned around to see Jonghyun hyung smiling at me. 

"Oh, thanks." I replied, excited to hold the banana milk in my hands, but he suddenly moved his hand away, not letting me take it. Then his face went serious.

"What happened yesterday?" He asked.

I bet Key hyung told him. "What do you mean?" I faked my innocence. Hyung walked out of the kitchen with my precious milk in his hands mumbling. "Looks like you don't want this." Then I heard him poke in the straw.

"Wait. Hyung." I called. He stopped and looked at me. "Mwo?"

Argh! Darn it. "Kibum hyung must have already told you right?" I surrendered. He nodded, then eyed me. "But he didn't say why."

 

Author's POV

You left the cafe quickly, only thinking about Taemin. Your thoughts clouded your mind with so many different questions. Was he alright? Did Minho hurt him badly? Why did they fight? Was it his fault? Why is Minho so stupid? 

You took your car and drove all the way to the SHINee dorm. You had to see Taemin.

Your heels clicked as you walked up the stairs to their front door,reaching for the doorbell. But before you could press it, you noticed that the door wasn't completely closed. You knocked lightly on it before pushing it open, and saw Taemin.

He was talking to someone. Then your heart skipped a beat when the other person looked behind at you. Jonghyun.

His eyes met yours for the first time after two long weeks, that felt like two eons for you. You missed him so much. He looked like hewas angry, but his expression changed when he saw you.

He walked towards you, keeping eye contact with you. Holding your breath, you tried to make out a smile on your lips, but then stopped. This time, you were going to wait for him to smile first.

He stopped right infront of you, his eyes full of guilt. You could see it, the pain he was holding in. The way he looked at you, it was as if he wanted to apologize. For a brief moment, you actually thought that he was going to say sorry.

But then he swallowed and turned away, before walking pass you and out of the door, slamming it shut. 

You turned to Taemin, tears in your eyes, as he stared back at you with a milk box in his hands, aware about what you were feeling. You covered your mouth as your tears spilled out, your knees feeling weak. Taemin ran over to you and quickly caught you before you fell down, patting your back and soothing you softly.

"He..he..I thought.." You struggled to say but Taemin hushed you, placing your head on his chest. 

 

Jonghyun's POV

I walked out from our dorm, frustrated as hell. What was going on? My head was full, like there was no more space to think of anything else. I was just trying to process what Taemin told me. He told me things I wish weren't true.

"He was being an idiot." Taemin shrugged while eyeing the milk box in my hand. 

"Details." I simply requested. But he shook his head. "It's nothing much, hyung. You know we always fight."

"Not until you hit each other."

"He hit me. I didn't touch him."

"Same thing, Tae." 

He sighed. "It's none of your business hyung."

"Mwo?! None of my business?" I scolded."Yah, it's all my business! Babo! Do you know what would happen if this news is spread to the whole company? SHINee's going to be in big trouble."

He looked away, keeping quiet. He knew I was right. 

"Taemin.."

"We just had a misunderstanding." He replied.

"Taemin, you know that you can tell me anything. We're friends. I'm not gonna scream at you." 

He glared at me. "Yeah, like how you just did?"

I chuckled slightly. "Oh come on, you know that I'd only scream if it had something to do with me." I smiled childishly. But suddenly my smile dissapeared and I looked at him wide eyed. Does this mean....

"Tae.. What did you guys fight about?"

"If I told you, you wouldn't like it."

"Tae.. Your left cheek is already hurt. You wouldn't want your right cheek hurt too now right?" I threatened. He sighed heavily, grabbing the banana milk from my hands and sat down on the couch.

"Fine hyung, fine. It's about her." He said coldly. Her? Does he mean..

"She..she's hurting." He continued. "And you. You're just ignoring her. You're ignoring her when she needs you the most hyung."

"What are you talking about? This has nothing to do with you."

"It does! Do you know how much of pain she goes through because of you?"

"She has Minho."

"She loves you!" Taemin got up.

What? I froze. What did he say?

"Hyung, she loves you and only you. Why are you so blind? She's dying inside every time she sees you, and you? You ignore her. She always blames herself, saying that you're angry with her. Hyung, you're killing her."

I frowned, trying to swallow Taemin's words. "But, she.. Minho and she.."

"Minho hyung?" He scoffed sarcastically. '"Hyung's crazy. He's like a leech on her. She hates him."

"But they're together... Right?" I argued weakly.

"No. He's killing her. Just like you. Both of you are stupid! Both blind. Both selfish. And she's the victim."

"Yah!" 

"What? You gonna hit me now?" Taemin shouted back. I swear I would have hit him if I hadn't heard a light knock at the door. I turned around and saw her.

My heart stopped. She was starring at us. I wanted to run and hug her, but..

I felt guilty. I walked towards her with my heavy heart, wanting to touch her lovely cheeks and tell her how sorry I was. How stupid I had been. How.. I don't deserve her.

I stopped. Fear overtook me. I didn't deserve her. She must hate me so much for giving her so much pain. I couldn't bring myself to say anything to her. I just wanted to tell her the truth. But.. I couldn't.

I felt tears starting to form in my eyes. No, she mustn't see them. I don't want her to see my tears. I can't. So, I quickly walked passed her and slammed the door shut.