Chance

Love Again

Lee Daehwan, your manager called to see you at 3pm in his office. You didn't know why, but you did know that it must have something to do with your debut. You looked at your watch, still 1.30pm. You stepped out of your training room to see if you could find any of your SHINee friends. But, you startled when you saw a figure standing beside you.

"Hey. You're done?" Minho beamed. You turned around to walk away, but he quickly grabbed your arm. "Hey, don't do that. I've been waiting here for almost 10 minutes for you." You kept quiet, trying to tug your arm away from his grip. Suddenly he pulled you, causing you to face him and he gripped your shoulders.

"Listen, I know what happened yesterday was pretty shocking and all. But please, don't be mad. I just wanted to tell you something that 've been trying to tell you for a long time." Minho explained. You just glanced away, avoiding eye contact.

"I love you."

You looked wide eyed at him, shocked by the sudden words he said. Without a second thought, you shook your head and stepped back, releasing yourself from his grip. "No." You uttered. "Minho, I can't.." But before you could finish, he cut you off.

"_____-ah, please. Just give me a chance." He pleaded. You kept shaking your head in disagreement. Minho looked at you, dissapointed with your response. For a moment you felt terrible for hurting him this way. But then his face expression changed. You saw a hint of anger and determination in his eyes. He held your wrist. "One chance is all I need."

"Minho, let me go. Please, I can't do this." You struggled to pull his grip off.

"I won't let you go _____! I won't ever let you go. You're mine, and I will convince you to love me back. I swear, you WILL love me." And with that, he let go of your hand and walked away. You looked at him as he walked further, your mind feeling dizzy.

You stood there for a while, not sure what to think about Minho's words. 'Why is he doing this to me?' You thought angrily. He wanted a chance, but he ruined your chance to be with Jonghyun. How could you NOT be angry?

After a while, you went downstairs, hoping to find Jonghyun. He was there, standing with Key and Taemin. You went to them, hoping that Jonghyun would be more friendlier. 

"Annyeong." You greeted cheerfully, or at least, you tried to be cheerful. Key and Taemin were about to greet back, when Jonghyun suddenly spoke.

"Taemin-ah, I need to check out the song arrangement in the recording room. Can you help me out?" 

Taemin looked at me for a moment, then looked back at Jonghyun and nodded. Jonghyun quickly walked off with Taemin, who looked at me apologetically before following his hyung, leaving me with Key.

"Thats weird.. " Key blurted. "I don't remember any song arrangement that needed checking." He scratched his head and looked at me. "Or maybe I just forgot about it. Anyway.." He lit up his face with his charming smile at me. "Lets go eat!"

You and Key met up with Onew and decided to eat at the coffee shop. As usual, you ordered your favourite coffee, the same one you used to drink with Jonghyun. Key and Onew also gave their orders, Key being picky about the spiciness and saltiness of his food, as always. 'If Jonghyun were here, he'd definately order his favourite piece of cake.' You thought silently.

You missed him.

"So I heard Daehwan hyung wanted to see you." Key spoke, breaking your daze. "Yeah. He did. How did you know?" You asked back. Key rolled his eyes with a huff. "Come on," he boasted. "I know everything that happens in the SM Town." 

You smiled amusingly. "Then I'm sure you should know WHY he called me." You tried to test him. He smirked. "Of course. He didn't tell you?"

"Mwo?" You asked in shock. You realised that you had underestimated him. "Tell me. Why?" You begged. But he just kept smiling and looked at Onew, who was also smiling. Your eyes widened. "Onew oppa? You know too?"

They both giggled at your expression. "Ya, you'll find out later anyway." Onew said trying to calm you down. "Yeah," Key joined. "It's not even that interesting to know." You pouted and took a sip of your coffee. You wanted to know badly. Its not often that your manager wants to speak to you personally. Looking at your watch, you see that you still have half an hour till 3pm. You decided to walk back to the SM building. 

You walked alone, leaving Key and Onew chatting with eachother. They told you to be safe. But then again, if Jonghyun was with you, he would have followed you all the way to the building.

You really missed him.

You glanced around as you walked and noticed a park bench. You smiled when you remembered the memories you shared with Jonghyun near that bench. The time when he told you that he would never leave you alone. A sweet memory. You walked towards that bench and sat down, closing your eyes and imagining him beside you. 

Suddenly you felt someone sit beside you. Your heart beat went faster as you opened your eyes to see who it was. 

"Hey." Minho said softly. You sighed.

"Err, are you going to walk away now?" He asked, expecting you to get up. You shook your head. You felt too lazy to run away from him now. It was useless anyway. He was just going to keep finding you somehow. Minho smiled in relief. 

"I'm sorry about just now." He said. "I got pretty tensed there." You just nodded. He continued. "But, don't get me wrong, I meant what I said. I just, shouldn't have said it in that.. tone." You squinted at him.

"Listen." You spoke. "Why are you doing this to me? I already told you that I can't be with you. Why can't we just be friends?" Minho looked at me pitifully. He placed his hand on mine. "____-ah. I just need a chance. One chance only. If you really don't want this, then I will let you go." He said soothingly. 

His eyes looked at you sincerely. You really didn't have the mood for him, but he was too persistent. And since he was being nice to you, you decided to let him have his chance. "Fine." You nodded. His face lit up in glee. A big smile formed on his face. 

"But!" You quickly pointed your finger at him. "I'm only giving you a chance to win my heart. Not to be your girlfriend." You cleared, hoping that he won't misunderstand. He nodded excitedly, still smiling widely. 

It was 2.58pm as you rushed to your manager's office. Minho had left to join Key and Onew at the coffee shop. When you reached, you softly knocked on the door and opened it. You saw you manager sitting behing his desk, tallking to someone who sat infront of him. You were about to close the door, thinking that you were disturbing him, but he saw you and gestured you to come in. Thats when you realised that the person infront of him was Taemin. 

"Annyeonghaseyo." You greeted. They both greeted back. 

"So, ____-ah" Daehwan started, "I wanted to talk to you about your debut album." You nodded, then looked at Taemin, who was smiling. "Something new about it?" You asked. Daehwan nodded.

"You see, I was thinking that since you were going to debut as solo, you would need some backup." Your manager explained. "I decided to put Taemin as a featured artist in your main song."

You looked at him, a little bit confused. Was it okay to have a featured artist in a debut album? When you asked, he said it was fine, as long as you were okay with it. "Oh, I don't have a problem. I mean, it's better if Taemin oppa sings with me. Makes me less nervous. But, does that mean we have to change the song?" You asked.

"No." Taemin replied. "The song will be the same. I'll just fit my parts in between the verses myself. Maybe a dance break after the second chorus." You nodded, finally understanding the project. 

After the meeting was over, you and Taemin walked out of Daehwan's office together. "So looks like we'll be spending more time together from now on." He said. You smiled at him. "Yeah. Luckily its you. I mean, if it was someone apart from SHINee, I would feel awkward." You told him.

You felt comfortable around Taemin. Almost as comfortable as being with Jonghyun. Although Taemin was more quiet compared to the other members, you didn't mind hanging out with him. 

You both walked down and saw Jonghyun at the coffee dispenser machine. He looked at you, a little surprised to see you suddenly. You tried to smile at him. He didn't smile back, but quickly moved his eyes to Taemin. Your smile faded. You couldn't understand why he would ignore you like this. After a few words with Taemin, he walked away, not looking at you even once.

Sigh..