The Scar's Story

Running to Happiness with Secrets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hey everyone! First off, I'd like to thank the following people:

Sohhiem, Blackstarn, zeranny, myungyeollipop, blackstork, newera, TheVIPCassie, little_miss_psycho, 

SujuHwaiting04 , puccatwins, ZEROclass, taemsoul. frigginonkeyeol, hjuku123, & utariiichan. Thank you for subscribing to me and you are all great supporters! I'd also like to thank those who are reading this story. This chapter is pretty long compared to the first one, because I really wanted to make sure the readers have a good understanding of the past and why Sungyeol is now who he is. As always, please & (I encourge) comment on your thoughts, feelings, mistakes, & requests  will be considered too! Just to make sure I'm writing my best. Enjoy! 

-Plantinumbrain O.o 

“What the hell! I never knew that riding the subway would cost this much.” Sungyeol said to himself thinking whether or not to buy a ticket. “I mean, it’s not like I have anywhere else to go. I might as well just walk around and explore on my own.”

Sungyeol walked back up to the busy and noisy streets of Seoul. It has been a while since he had felt like this. Alive would be the word. Even though the air was very humid, it felt fresh to him. It was like being reborn again. The boy wandered around and ended up in front of a huge mall. Woah. This must have been the largest mall he’s seen in his life, Lotte Mall. He was about to enter, but a screeching noise stopped him. A black van pulled up in front of the huge crowd behind him.

“Teen Top! Teen Top!” fan girls screamed in excitement.

“Wow…..I wonder how good looking these guys are. They have so many fans” Sungyeol curiously thought.

“Ahhh! L.joe Oppa!” he heard a girl scream.

Sungyeol froze in his spot. He turned around to see someone he never ever wanted to see for the rest of his life. Blankly standing there with a many things processing through his mind, the boy had forgotten that he was standing right in front of the grand entrance.

“Hey kid, get out of the way.” A security guard said.

Sungyeol shifted aside and accidentally bumped into a few fan girls who ended up pushing him onto the floor.

“Watch it will you! You ruined my picture of L.joe!”

What pissed off Sungyeol the most was that he was now face flat right in front of L.joe’s feet.

“Kill. Me. Now.” Sungyeol thought.

“Are you alright? Can you get up?” L.joe asked the boy as he extended his arm to help the boy up.

Sungyeol got the courage you get up without any help. Looking straight into L.joe’s eyes and locking them in place with his own, he replies,

“I’m better than ever.”

L.joe’s squinty eyes went from slits to normal sized eyes. He was horrified.

Sungyeol got up from the ground and walked away from the scene. He took the escalator up to the highest floor where the bookstore was located. He calmly entered, but his fingers were still clinching tightly onto the hem of his shirt. He sat down on a long sofa in the back of the store. He was tired. This was too much for one day. He quickly closed his eyes and took deep breaths, falling asleep instantly.

 

Six years ago……

 

“YAH! Sungyeol! You coming out or what?” L.joe yelled from outside sungyeol’s classroom.

“Hold on! I’m packing up!” He yelled back.

“Sigh. So much for have long limbs.” L.joe chuckled as he said.

“Yah~ Lee Byunghun! You shorty! I know you’re jealous!”

“You maybe tall, but you’re not as good looking as me.” L.joe said with a smirk.

“Where are the others?” Sungyeol asked as he walked out of the now empty classroom.

“Obviously they already went.”

“Oh, hehehe, that’s I’ve always said you’re the best Byunghyunie~” Sungyeol said as he pinched L.joe’s cheeks.

“Oh god, cut the crap. If you want to pinch someone’s cheek pinch your own chubster.”

“Yah! Say that again and I won’t forgive you!” Sungyeol said as he chased L.joe.

*Cough cough cough* “Holy guys we’ve been up here for the past 40 minutes. Can’t you all stop smoking? You’re so going to kill yourselves before graduation.” Sungyeol coughed out the words as if he was going to die any moment.

It was the usual though. Instead of eating lunch, all of his friends would go up to the school’s rooftop, climb over the tall gate and sit on the edge of the building smoking. All together there were 10 of them. L.joe, Kris, Tao, Yongguk, Himchan, Jonghyun, Hoya, Dongwoo, Sunggyu and Sungyeol himself. They were known as the most fearless group in the school. People didn’t dare to look them in the straight in the eyes. They could technically have any girl they wanted but none of them wanted to date girls from the same school. Sungyeol didn’t see their group as a gang. Sure, they dressed against the school code, but they didn’t randomly pick fights on anyone. Or so he thought. Sungyeol was pretty much considered the most pure and innocent out of all of them. He didn’t smoke, swear, skip classes, or talk back at teachers. He didn’t even have his first kiss yet. He usually brings his notes to study with at karaoke bars and never drunk. He didn’t even know why they accepted him to be honest. It was L.joe who made friends with on the first day of school and started dragging him along everywhere. He couldn’t say that he was as close with Kris, Tao, Yongguk, Himchan, and Jonghyun. It always seemed like they didn’t welcome him. Especially Jonghyun whenever he got too close to L.joe he would try to break them apart and he’d always say, “You’re taken already. Be responsible for your actions.” They would only send death glares when L.joe wasn’t around. As for Hoya, Dongwoo, and Sunggyu, they were practically best of friends in their own little world. So to cut to the chase, Sungyeol basically only had Ljoe.

“I don’t get it. Why are acting so innocent. Goddamn it. Just smoke and stop being the odd one out. You’re getting so freaken’ close to L.joe it’s making me feel uncomfortable.” Jonghyun suddenly stood up and growled.

Sungyeol just ignored him.

“Shut the hell up and continue what you were doing.” L.joe said.

“Why are you even standing up for this kid? Did you guy have a good time with him in bed?” Jonghyun said, crossing the line.

“What the are you saying? I wouldn’t be talking if I were you. I know you hooked up with that Key guy from the class below us.” L.joe sneered.

“Watch your back Lee Sungyeol.” Jonghyun said as he left.

Everyone was left in silence.

“So…I heard a really good fried chicken shop just opened up the street. Since we’re students we get a discount too!” Sungyeol cheerfully said.

Now everyone turned to Sungyeol like he was insane.

“Really? Fried chicken? After you just got threatened? Are you not scared of what’s going to happen to you?” Tao said, looking at him like he lost his mind.

“Uhh...What is he going to do to me?” Sungyeol questioned. It’s not like I did anything wrong.”

“Did you not hear him? Did you not see his eyes?” Kris suddenly said. “He looked like he was going to snap your head like they do with chickens to kill them.”

“Kyahahahahaha! And yet Sungyeol wants to eat fried chicken at the moment.” Dongwoo laughed like a maniac.

“L.joe…is he really going to beat me up or something?” Sungyeol asked in despair.

“I’m not sure. Be careful. I don’t know what’s gotten into him.” L.joe got up and said. “Let’s get out of here before some teacher comes up and checks again.”

The school bell rang and Sungyeol got ready to leave. While walking down the stairs he saw someone who just ran into Jonghyun.

“Not good. SO. NOT. GOOD.”  Sungyeol said to himself

“What the . You just ran into me you prick.” Jonghyun pushed the boy onto the floor. “You’re not going to apologise huh? He straddled on top of the boy and started throwing punches at his face. Blood was naturally flowing out of the boy’s nose now like a stream.

“. Holy mother of god!” Sungyeol ran into the scene and whacks his backpack (filled with two hardcover science textbooks that weighed around 5 pounds each, along with some binders) right across his face. Jonghyun’s body literally fell right off the boy and he was now 80% knocked out. Sungyeol pulled the boy up and whispered into his ear quickly in all seriousness.

“Get up and leave. Get yourself together and go home. Change your hair style and don’t wear your glasses to school starting from tomorrow. Take care of your injuries at home.”

“Thank you. I owe you.” The boy said as he got up from the ground dashing away.

The scene was now surrounded by more students. Jonghyun was also coming back to his senses. Sungyeol didn’t wait any longer and took his backpack and calmly walked away. He knew though. He knew that he was officially in deep and no one would be able to help him. Not even L.joe.

“I’m home.” Sungyeol said as he got into his house.

“Sungyeol, your brother isn’t home yet. I tried called him many times, but no one picked up.” His mother said.

“I’ll go out to his classmates’ houses to check if he’s at any of their places. Calm down mom.” Sungyeol assured her.

It was no use though. He knocked on countless doors and yet Daeyeol was nowhere to be seen. He sat down on the bench at the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter