He's Back

Running to Happiness with Secrets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Woohyun didn’t speak; he just nodded, as if he understood.

“I’m sorry for treating you like that. I’m sorry for leaving you. Please believe me.” Sungyeol cried. “I’m really-”

“Sungyeol….just….settle down.”

The two stayed quiet. Sungyeol tried to calm down and breathed in and out slowly, whille he pressed his back against Woohyun’s sitting behind him.

“I’ve cheated on you.” One of them finally speaks. “I slept with Myungsoo.”

Woohyun let out a short sigh.

“You must hate me a lot.”

“I don’t and I won’t.”

“Why?”

“Because, I figured that you didn’t love me as much as I love you.” He sat up and straightened his back.

“I-” Sungyeol caught Woohyun’s usage of words. “Didn’t?” The boy turned to him.

“I’m pretty sure you don’t love me, Sungyeol.” Woohyun dangled the necklace that he originally gave to Sungyeol in his hands. “Well, let’s go.”

“Where are we going?” Sungyeol was surprised and unprepared.

“Don’t you need somewhere to sleep tonight?” The boy looked at the other, who seemed tense. “I’m just simply going to get you a hotel room, Sungyeol. I’m not going to stay with you, no worries.”

“That’s not what I was thinking.” The taller tried to fix the bad impressions he gave off.

Woohyun let out a weak smile in return and walked ahead. Sungyeol felt upset from the coldness he was receiving, this wasn’t the Woohyun he knew.

____________________________________________________________________________________

“Do you really think you’d still be able to keep your position here even without putting in effort? Do you see the other members running away like you? They work their off and they don’t even reach anywhere close to where you are. Do you want to lose all your fans? Kim Myungsoo, answer me!” The company’s president shouted so loud that the room almost echoed.

“No sir, I am at fault. I shouldn’t have ran away. I regret for making those bad choices, please forgive me.” The boy dropped to his knees, hitting the hardwood floor with much force.

The president squatted down to meet Myungsoo’s eye level. “Tell me the truth first, did you or did you not go to Japan with a guy? What is your real ual preference?” The man looked at him with stern eyes, “be careful with your answer, and don’t disappoint me.”  

“What difference does it make, sir? Weather I went with a boy a girl; it has nothing to do with anyone. I’m willing to take the consequences, so just throw them at me.”

“Do you think they’ll let you take part in the drama if you become the first openly gay idol?” His boss nearly spat on him. “How many fans will you still have? None, boy. None. Your career will be over and you’ll be the laughing stock. The whole Korea will know and you won’t be able to find any opportunities out there. Most importantly, no one will want you.”

‘I….” the young boy was not terrified, scared of the words being true, as if it was going to automatically happen.

“Yes?” the man waited for his reply impatiently, tapping his pen constantly against a glass cup of water.

 “I went to Japan with the boy I like.” Myungsoo finally told the truth after much thought, not willing to back down.

As a result, this answer angered th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter