Reminiscing The Past

Reality Not Fantasy

As I opened the door to the balcony, the cold wind hit me and I wrap my sweater tighter to my body. I sat on the bench and looked up in the sky thinking about the arranged marriage between me and taemin.

“Are you thinking about Taemin?”

Eunji sat beside me and wrap a blanket to both of us. I smiled at her and leaned on her shoulder.

“Yes Unnie. I just can’t believe that of all the men out there, I’m getting married to him.”

“Na-eun, are you really ok with the arrangement? We can talk to Appa if you want.”

“Its ok unnie, Appa’s right. Taemin is a good man and if Appa is happy then I’m also happy.”

“Na-eun, I wanted to ask you this when we left Korea but I didn’t want you to get mad. Why didn’t you say goodbye to him?”

Silence fell between us and I looked up in the sky and told everything to my unnie.

Flashback

Na-eun’s Appa told her that they were leaving for America tomorrow.

“No, I don’t want Appa”

She run out of the house and went to the park where she and taemin usually play. She saw taemin sitting on the bench with sulli. She went nearer and stop upon hearing what taemin said.

“Don’t be jealous with Na-eun. She’s just my childhood friend. I don’t have feelings for her.”

That sentence made her ran away from them. All she wanted to do is to go away as far as she could. She went back home and saw her unnie and Appa looking worried. Her unnie hugged her as she saw her.

“Where did you go, we were worried sick.”

“Don’t run away anymore. We’re not leaving if you don’t want to”

“No, I want to go. I don’t want to come back here. I want to go tomorrow morning Appa.”

“Are you sure na-eun? Did something happen?”

“Nothing, I’m just tires. I’ll go and rest.”

She went up without saying another word. She locked the door of her room and fell on her knees. She cried silently in the dark feeling so alone. If only her mother was there beside her she would have felt better but the reality is that her mother left them. She won’t be coming back. She cried herself to sleep.

“Na-eun wake up. Go and take a bath already. Where going after an hour. Ahjumma prepared your thing already.”

Na-eun stood up and walked to the bathroom to take a bath. Her eyes were so ugly. She washed herself and went down to her Appa and unnie. They noticed her eyes but they didn’t say a word. They tried to enlighten the atmosphere but it was no use. She still felt down.

“Na-eun, are you ok?”

“Yes unnie, I’m ok. Sorry for making you worried. I’ll just miss this place.”

“I know.”

They hugged each other before riding the car. The car was already moving when she heard someone shouted her name. ‘It’s just my imagination. It’s impossible that he would be here. I didn’t tell him’ she thought.

End of Flashback

“Maybe he’s mad at me for not saying goodbye or maybe his happy that I’m not there anymore to burden him. I don’t know unnie.”

“You made a mistake Na-eun. You should have talked to him. Yous should have told him that you love him.”

“But unnie he had a girlfriend and what’s the use of telling him. There is no such thing as happy ever after unnie. I’ll just end up getting hurt.”

“Is this because of what happened to Appa and Eomma?”

“I’m just being realistic unnie.”

“That excuse is for cowards, people who give up before trying. You still love him, do you?”

“No unnie, I don’t. Past is past.”

“Let’s just see. If you don’t love him anymore, you might end up falling again.”

“Never unnie”

“You can never tell. Fate has its own way.”

“There’s no such thing as fate.”

“There is my dear dongsaeng.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you like it.. <3

sorry for the wrong grammars and typo..