Gone!

Reality Not Fantasy

“Refrain from falling for me Naeun; I won’t catch you when you fall. But remember, you’re mine”

What was that all about? Was he serious? Many question pop out of my mind but among these question, one bothered me the most, will I fall for him again? I snapped out of my thoughts and answered back.

“I don’t intend to fall for you.”

He smirked at me and I shifted my gaze away from him. I felt him move closer and whispered.

“If you say so”

He chuckled and it send shiver down my spine.

I listened to the others chatting but my focus is centered to the girl beside me. I pulled her closer and she stiffened. I smirked. Her petite waist fits my arms like it was made to be held by me. I leaned my head on her shoulder and a sweet strawberry scent filled my nose. I noticed that she is in a deep thought and something made me change my mood.

“What are you thinking about?”

Naeun blink snapping out of her thoughts.

“N-nothing important.”

“It doesn’t seem so.”

I reach a strand of hair on her shoulder and played with it around my fingers.

“If you don’t believe me then don’t. It’s none of your business anyway.”

“You’re thinking about that Myungsoo guy, am I right?”

She faced me with a frown plastered in her face.

“And if I say yes? Why do you even care?”

“you’re engage!”

My voice raised and she flinched. The others stop talking and stared at us. I felt the tension in the atmosphere.

“Yah, Taemin chill down.”

Onew hyung said with a worried expression and placed his hand on my shoulder. I shrugged it off.

“I haven’t forgotten that I’m engaged. And for your information, Myungsoo is just my friend!”

Naeun raised her voice as well and it made my temper worst.

“Then why the hell are you thinking about him when you are with me!?”

“I never told you that I was thinking about him! You just jumped into conclusion! And Why do you even care?!”

“Guys! Enough!”

Eunji held Naeun’s shoulder to calm her down but it didn’t work.

“Of course I care! I’m your freaking Fiancé! I’m not as heartless as you are! Years ago you left wit-”

I remembered that we were not the only person here. Kai was here and so with the others, I don’t want them to know what happened in the past.

“What?! Continue what you were saying! Are you going to rub in my face what happened years ago?! I have my own reason Taemin!”

She shouted at me. Good thing that there was only one group of boys except for us in the cafeteria. She stormed out of the cafeteria and Eunji was about to follow her but I pulled her arm.

“I’ll go after her.”

“I think that’s not a good idea. It has been a long time since I saw her lose her temper that way.”

“I’ll handle it Eunji. I lose my temper as well.”

I didn’t wait for her reply and followed Naeun out.

 

Damn him! Damn him! Damn him! Why do he have to bring the past back!? I reached the garden at the back of the campus and thank God it was empty. I sat at the bench under the tree and placed my face on my hand to let my tears fall. Minutes past and I felt a presence in front of me. I inhaled his mint scent and knew that it was Taemin. He still smells the same since we were young and it still calms me down like before. He sat beside me and I moved away from him.

“Are you done crying?”

He asked with a cold tone and I flinched inwardly.

“Why did you follow me?”

I answered back with the same cold tone and faced him without even wiping my tears away. His face remained expressionless.

“You’re my fiancée, ofcou-“

“Stop it! Stop it! I know that I’m your fiancée and it’s your obligation! We both know that we were arranged into this marriage! We both know that we don’t love each other!”

I froze upon realizing the words that came out of my mouth. I cursed myself. Did I mean it? If I don’t love him then why am I hurting this way?

“I’m sorry.”

I said with a soft voice.

“You don’t have to, you were right; we both know that there is no love in this marriage.”

I felt like I was stab straight to my heart a million times. It took me a minute to compose myself.

“About what happened years ago.”

“Forget about it and let’s forget about this argument as well.”

His phone rang and he moved away before answering. I watched his back and remembered the days that were long gone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~\

Another chapter done!!

Yehet!! hehehe!!

hope you like it!

saranghae! <3