Ruined

Reality Not Fantasy

Don't Cry

Taemin and Naeun accompanied Yungjae to the customer service area and while waiting for his parents they decided to buy Yungjae an ice cream so they informed the lady that they’ll be at the ice cream parlor. Fifteen minutes has passed and they just went out of the store when a lady in her mid-50 ran to them shouting Yungjae’s name. Yungjae immediately let go of Naeun’s hand and ran to the lady.

“Eomma!”

Yungjae cried as he hugged his eomma tightly and his eomma buried her head on his sons shoulder. Naeun watched them and felt a tear slip from her eyelid. She instantly wiped it away and smiled but as the lady raised her head, her smile faded. Taemin watched Naeun as her expression change. He looked at the lady and his mouth hang open.

“Ahjumma?”

The lady was no other than Naeun’s eomma and suddenly Taemin had the instinct to hold her hand. Naeun just stood there frozen not even moving an Inch.

My smile faded upon realizing that the lady was my eomma. I froze and I felt like my heartbeat stop. I just stood and my body became cold. I just stared at her not saying a word, not doing anything until I felt Taemin’s hand held mine. I still didn’t move because I was afraid of what would come out of my mouth once I open it. She looked up at me and slowly a smile appeared on her face.

“Naeun, my princess”

She said and I cringed. I can’t help myself from snickering.

“Tss, Princess? Are you serious? You still have the guts to call me princess? You lost the right to call me that when you left us!”

I said with venom on my voice. She tried to come near me and I stepped back letting go of Taemin’s hand and I suddenly felt empty.

“Let me expla-“

“No.”

I said while shaking my head.

“Please lis-“

I laugh sarcastically and glared at her. Taemin step closer to me.

“How dare you?! You know what, YOU ARE SO SELFISH! You left me in the dark all alone. When I needed you the most you left me. You locked me up in past and I’ll stay locked up forever. No one can save me anymore. You tainted me! You ruined me to the point where no can fix me anymore.  I hate you so much! Oh, that’s not the right term. I despise you!”

My voice got louder this time and most of the people walking around us started to look. I didn’t care at all.  I was furious. Then suddenly I felt like cold water was drop to me when Yungjae talked.

“Naeun unnie, my eomma is not a bad person. She isn’t. She always ta-“

Before Yungjae can finish what he was supposed to say, I ran away! I can’t take it anymore! All the times when I had a mother flashed before me and my anger just got worse. Then, I heard Taemin’s voice calling out for me. He was running after me but I didn’t look back. I want to be alone. I want to escape this world and forget about meeting her. Faith has played with me again.

I ran after Naeun and was about to catch her when she rode the cab parked in front of the mall.

“Damn!”

I ran as fast as possible to my car and started driving towards the direction where the cab went but after 10 minutes of looking for the cab, I still didn’t find her. I parked on the side road and banged my hand on the steering wheel. It was my first time seeing Naeun that furious. She was even more furious than the day we fought and that made me worry more. It seems like her mind was filled with anger that she can’t think straight.

“Where are you, Naeun?”

I whispered to myself. Since the day that Naeun left without saying goodbye to me I didn’t want to hear her name. I didn’t even want to hear any news about her but one day when eomma and abuji was talking in the living room I overheard that uncle Seungtae was out of himself for almost a year because his wife left him. I went back up to my room that time and thought if Naeun is ok. She has always loved her mother so much and she once told him that she can’t bear to lose her mother. But after thinking that, I got mad at myself for pitying her and told myself that it was Karma. But now, I felt like she doesn’t deserve this pain. She’s too kind and pure to feel this. I grab my phone started calling her. I ended the call for the fiftieth time and banged my hand in the steering wheel for more than I can count of. One hour has passed since Naeun ran away from me and as the seconds pass I got more furious at her for running away from me again and at myself for not being able to catch her again.

“Naeun, where the hell are you?”

I leaned my forehead on the steering wheel and closed my eyes then a thought came to me. According to Eunji, Naeun never turn off her GPS. I grab my phone quickly and looked at the GPS. I felt my smile reach my ear.

“I found you.”

I drove as fast as I can. She wasn’t on her destination yet and I guess she is riding a bus right now. I step on the gas and drove as fast as I can go. Another hour passed and I check my GPS. I was right, she was there.  I reached my destination after thirty minutes, and walked towards the shore. I was still fuming with anger when I saw her sitting on the sand watching the waves while crying. I hesitated to go near her but my worries overcome my hesitation. I sat beside her silently and she didn’t look at me.

“You found me.”

She said still watching the waves. I just stared at her, forcing myself not to pull her in my arms and never let her go.

“You were just easy to read.”

Silence engulfed us for a brief moment until she broke it.

“It happened when I got home from the park. The last day we talked.”

I swallowed the lump forming in my throat. I still remember that day clearly like it just happened yesterday.

“I got home and she was already walking away with her luggage. Appa was trying to stop her and unnie was crying. I didn’t know what was happening that time. She told me I’ll understand soon but I still don’t. She rode into another man’s car and held his hand. I ran after the car but I wasn’t able to catch up. I tried not to hate her Taemin, God knows I tried so hard but she allowed darkness to engulf me. She left me Taemin.”

She cried harder and I can’t help myself and pulled her to me. I hugged her tightly and kissed the top of her head.

“Hush now, Naeunieee~~”

I said while still hugging her. We stayed like that for a long time until I felt her relaxed and heard her silent breathing. She fell asleep. I watched her sleeping face and touched her cheeks.

“Why can’t I hurt you Naeun? You’ve ruined my plan. I just want to protect you right now.”

I kissed the top of her head upon making up my decision. I’ll stop my plan of hurting her because now I know that I like her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yahhh!!! Finally, I was able to update.
Thank you for supporting my story until now. 
I'm so happy and Thankful!
Saranghaeyo! Hope you enjoy!
<3 :)